• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic cricket

Don

State Vice-Captain
i think i heard somewhere something about cricket in the next olympics or sumthing like that.can anyone clariyfy(sp) for me

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thanks but no thanks, i heard that it was too, but i think the olympics can do without cricket, id like to see squash, golf, netball, union and the three legged sack race added before cricket....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
personally, as much as i would enjoy another gold for Australia, tyhink that there are too many events in the ilympics already and they should be looking to cut events out rather than add more in.

eg getting rid of synch swimming, the gymnastics with ribbons and balls, kayaking on flat water, canoeing, baseball, softball, indoor volleyball etc.

lol, golf, very amusing simon :)

Simon

golf would be essential sport IMO, theres not many other worldwide sports that a lot of countries have an even chance of winning gold. Its deserving of a spot more than a lot that are already there.
the only current sports id like cut are basketball and sailing.
i mean is sailing even a sport??? id say more of a hobbie

Don

State Vice-Captain
i say keep female indoor volleyball cuz i like seeing women in those nice pants.well cricket in the olympics would be kinda wierd.but i could probably make the team for my country so it would be kinda cool.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sailing is the only "sport" i would like to see cut from the olympics..

Ive got no trouble with olympic cricket, as long as the format is 20/20..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sailing is staying right where it is. We have a medal haul to protect.

Twenty20 cricket is a possibility for London 2012.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
20/20 cricket is being considered for the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne (or maybe it is the 2010 Commonwealth games) with a view to make it an Olympic event, if successful.

Simon

table tennis is definately staying, tennis is one of the traditional sports, i doubt thats going anywhere, and what problem is there with trampoling??? its just another event in gymnastics, IMO they need cut parts out of sports, is there really a need to have so many different judo, weightlifting, equstrian and sailing medals??

Don

State Vice-Captain
table tennis is staying right where it is.if any one touches it ill bite their hands off.i say take out all male sports and then have the olympics in greece every year and let them get back to one of the old traditions,competiting in the nude. :blink: :D

Mister Wright

Don said:
table tennis is staying right where it is.if any one touches it ill bite their hands off.i say take out all male sports and then have the olympics in greece every year and let them get back to one of the old traditions,competiting in the nude. :blink: :D
Someone needs a girlfriend. Or a really good book or hobby. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Don said:
:huh:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Why do any sports need to be cut??

I feel more should be added...

Any elite sportsman would give anything to win a gold medal in the olympics...
I think 20/20 cricket would be good, even though i've never seen a game of it..

Union 7's would be good, Same with League 7's. Netball is another which should be considered..

Mister Wright

Blewy said:

Union 7's would be good, Same with League 7's. Netball is another which should be considered..
Couldn't agree more. The more sports the better. Make the Olympics a month long, at least there is something good on Channel 7 for most of the time when the Olympics is on.

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:

I wouldn't mind Rugby 7's - another Gold for New Zealand :happy: :D ;)

I would axe Dressage. How anybody can find it entertaining is beyond me - and that is not like me to say that :yawn:

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:

I would axe Dressage. How anybody can find it entertaining is beyond me - and that is not like me to say that :yawn:
Other 7's teams would be surprisingly competitive. "Another Gold" you make it sound as if you've won a fair amount already :p

Couldn't agree more on the dressage though :yawn: (Other equestrian is OK)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:

Mate if you appreciate anything to do with horses you would understand dressage... The things the horses do are amazing...

Simon

Blewy said:
Mate if you appreciate anything to do with horses you would understand dressage... The things the horses do are amazing...
i agree, just because i dont find a sport uninteresting doesnt mean i think it shouldnt be an olympic sport, theres probably 1 or 2 people on earth who enjoy the equistrian, so why shouldnt they get the chance to see their sport in the games....