• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Men's Basketball

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was great to see the Yanks get comprehensively beaten by Peuto Rico (sp?).

They didn't look like a happy bunch of guys after the game, I'm sure they would have got a ribbing from their coach. It is the first time the American men have lost an Olympic basketball match since 1988.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Why in the hell did Brown and ABA take Okafor over Allen or Redd? This team has no gunners at all. And Starbury is quite possiblely the least suited PG in the NBA to international Ball...and AI as team co-captain lol.

Duncan will pick this team up thou and carry them to glory (Need to shaft Jefferson as well thou...).

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
What a difference a couple of days make...Bogat and Anderson have rolled up their sleves and are standing up to the angolan's in the post allowing the little guys to run wild...

End of 3rd quater
Boomers 72 - Angola 44

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Big game tonight for the Boomers against Team USA, a win would just about see us through to the quaters, while a loss i leave us in a spot of bother. Bogat, Neilson, Anderson and Rodgers really need to put pressure on the in experianced USA front court and get Duncan in foul trouble if possible. USA arn't playing well, Boomers by 8 :D.

Mister Wright

thewizard1o1 said:
Big game tonight for the Boomers against Team USA, a win would just about see us through to the quaters, while a loss i leave us in a spot of bother. Bogat, Neilson, Anderson and Rodgers really need to put pressure on the in experianced USA front court and get Duncan in foul trouble if possible. USA arn't playing well, Boomers by 8 :D.
The Aussies have never beaten the yanks in Olympic competition (I think) They did come close in Atlanta but this is the best time to get them. I'm afraid to say that the Boomers aren't playing that well though. :@

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Neither are USA...if we can force them into taking bad shots (Iverson and Starbury are the kings of thoose) we have a chance...This is a huge game for Aussie basketball a win over the Yanks could spur us on into the medal round.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Aussie's were the hottest things at the big Os in the first quater...some bad decisions (Shot Selection) of late are starting to cost us...

And the Refs are a heap of ****

Mister Wright

thewizard1o1 said:
Aussie's were the hottest things at the big Os in the first quater...some bad decisions (Shot Selection) of late are starting to cost us...

And the Refs are a heap of ****

They always have been.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
67-65 lead at the end of the 3rd. We need to work the ball from the Inside out to get the open looks that we were in the first parts of the game....

See Bogats move on Duncan? :o

Mister Wright

thewizard1o1 said:
67-65 lead at the end of the 3rd. We need to work the ball from the Inside out to get the open looks that we were in the first parts of the game....

See Bogats move on Duncan? :o
Yes I did. I even did the 'Come On!' I only used for Pat Rafter matches when Maher hit that 3! :D

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Haha i did a 'get up and clap you hands to gether as hard as you can' that is only resurved for Origin...

Need to settle down a bit and get into a groove...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
It would have really liked to see Dwight and Anstey in that team to rotate with Anderson, Neilson and Bogat. Cause they were buggered.

Anyways we need to put this game in history get ready for P. Rico in a couple of days time...