• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medal Tally

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a good start, but it wont last for long!
im gladthey have swimming before athletics, keeps us higher on the tally longer :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
a good start, but it wont last for long!
im gladthey have swimming before athletics, keeps us higher on the tally longer :D
That is true. It hasn't help us, that apart from the Women's road race we haven't started that well in the non-athletics sports.

Simon

we havent really had much to win though, 4 golds is a good start, i think we'll finish with around 13 or 14 goals....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
we havent really had much to win though, 4 golds is a good start, i think we'll finish with around 13 or 14 goals....
Well, those other sports haven't had finals yet, so obviously there would be no gold medals from them. I was talking about sports like Volleyball, baseball & softball & basketball, we have all had one loss in each, the soccer as well where the men had a first round draw & the women a first round loss.

Simon

i think the soccer sides are in good shape to go through, the women losing the hockey want ideal but the men had a win, beach volleyball has started well, its not going to be like sydney im afraid where we can expect a lot of surprise medalists. The womens road race yesterday was a surprise result, so we should be happy with that for now :)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I am sure you are right in the area of surprise medallists...im guessing we end up with around, say, 10-12 medals...

Simon

Mr. P said:
I am sure you are right in the area of surprise medallists...im guessing we end up with around, say, 10-12 medals...
gold medals u mean ;)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yes well done to the Aussie shooter:) We're going very well, only on day 3 and we have 5...