• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you think will end up with the most medals at the end of this years Olympics?

Piper

International Captain
Interesting chose i guess they have a chance with the size of their team...
I know which country it wont be and that is .............UK

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Piper said:
Interesting chose i guess they have a chance with the size of their team...
I know which country it wont be and that is .............UK
lol...thats for sure....

Piper

International Captain
Did you see that country who only had one member of the team? That most be so embarrassing!!!

ash chaulk

International Captain
The Russians!

p.s. i would love to be the dude being the only one from my country. You get to carry the flag plus whateva happens your the best in your country!.... that dude wouldnt happen to be Eric the Eel Tho??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Eric the Eel didn't make it this year. Equatorial Guinea had a pretty decent turn out actually - 7 or 8 if I remember rightly!

I can't remember which team was the smallest, but Liechtenstein must have been close. Sri Lanka had about 30-40 including officials.

The Greek alphabet just confused me...

Oh, as for medals - USA or Russia, simple as that.

Sudeep

International Captain
USA, Russia, China and Australia to be the top four in no particular order, though with USA most likely bagging the most medals.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It will be Russia probably. China will be close due to the sports like table tennis and badminton. America of course up there, Aus hopefully will be some where near the top, bout 6th or 7th is a fair aim.
we wont go as well as sydney, but thats a given....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
The Greek alphabet just confused me...

Oh, as for medals - USA or Russia, simple as that.

confused the hell outta me too :)

the USA should easily lead the medal tally at after its all over, than there is Germany and russia to fight it out for the minor places - Australia is in with a good shout for 3rd or 4th for mine, we actually have the 2nd biggest team there - qualifying in all but 2 events (handball and something else) and we could well lead the table after the ifrst week (with the swimming, and a fair bit of rowning and cycling) but as always we will get hammered in the athletics

Waughney

International Debutant
China for me, just edging out the USA.
Greek alphabet was confusing, especially at 4:30 in the morning :wacko: :p

ash chaulk

International Captain
i dont think the US will eb as dominate this year. ive been watching the international track meets over the year on fox and the russians look dominate plus there gymnastic teams are awesome.