• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Passion

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did anyone see Jana Pittman's response to being told she won't make the Olympics. She was balling her eyes out and could hardly talk and my heart just sank. I've never seen her run, nor am I a big fan of athletics, but you could see how much she wanted to make the Olympics, and how much it meant to her, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

It just goes to show how much these athletes put in to make the Olympics every four years.

She is heading off to England to get a second opinion and undergo some miracle surgery, but with the Olympics only a couple of days away, I doubt she will have much success, but for her sake I hope she does.

Doctors tell Jana it's over

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
very disapointing, she was our only real hope of a track gold medal, shes a nice girl too, very unlucky...

Waughney

International Debutant
Apparently there is still some chance that she will run. Only a very slim one though....

Simon

naa shes gone, unless she competes in the paralympics in a wheel chair or something!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Yeah, woke up to that tops news.

60% chance of running is looking very good for her compared to that of a day or so ago.

Craig

World Traveller
What a turn around, from not going, now to a good chance of competing and in all likelyhood do well.

Simon

if she runs she isnt going to be 100% hence a medal isnt a realistic goal...

Simon

Mister Wright said:
You've just gotta love Simon's positive attitude! :p
haha im a realist ;)

although my views of the raiders making the finals arent very realistic are they!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
haha im a realist ;)

although my views of the raiders making the finals arent very realistic are they!
Some would even say that Pittman's chances of running are better than the Raiders making the 8.

Waughney

International Debutant
Abandon all hope of a medal. There's no way she could get back to 100% fit, but then again, it's the olympics.....

PY

International Coach
It'll be kind of like winning the gold medal just if she competes.

To be told you've no chance and then getting a chance on the biggest stage must mean a lot to her.