• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite event/s?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
badminton and handball, a few of the events we just dont see enough of....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love watching the basketball at the Olympics.

Yeah, badminton in fun to watch. I also like watching the weight lifting and boxing.

During the Sydney games I even got entranced in the equestrian - go figure!

Simon

the olympics does that, you getting pumped up for sports you wouldnt usually give a second thought too.

i use to play badminton to a pretty good standard so i appreciate just how good the olmypian badminton players are, they would crush me and i use to think i was pretty good!

Simon

volleyball doesnt interest me that much actually, i also like the water polo.....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
volleyball doesnt interest me that much actually, i also like the water polo.....
Yep Waterpolo is good to watch.

Volleyball isn't that great, however the Beach Volleyball can get tense and exciting. It is like a 1/2 hour long tie-break.

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:

Yeah, badminton in fun to watch. I also like watching the weight lifting and boxing.

Weightlifting has to be one of the toughest sports to compete, it must be hell on your knees. I don't mind it either.

biased indian

International Coach
Mister Wright said:

But basketball in olympics is dominated by USA isn't

Cloete

International Captain
biased indian said:
But basketball in olympics is dominated by USA isn't
Hardly, alot of the European nations are good and Australia normally makes it to the Semis atleast!

Mister Wright

Cloete said:
Hardly, alot of the European nations are good and Australia normally makes it to the Semis atleast!
Yep. The States usually don't send their strongest side. AFAIK there will be no Bryant or Shaq, so it is hardly their strongest side.

Yugoslavia put up a good fight, so do Brail. Australia should do pretty good this year. This is their best chance of a medal, but they will have to win the early games.

biased indian

International Coach
Cloete said:
as far as i know USA has failed to win GOLD only once in last 10 -12 olympic games in that famous game aganist USSR.and what the point in reaching the semifinal of an event dominated by a team. u always are fighting for position 2 to down

Cloete

International Captain
biased indian said:
as far as i know USA has failed to win GOLD only once in last 10 -12 olympic games in that famous game aganist USSR.and what the point in reaching the semifinal of an event dominated by a team. u always are fighting for position 2 to down
Pfft... it's not like they've done it easily though. There normally is alot of competition!!! Have you even been watching??

Simon

atheletics is sooo boring, swimming doesnt thrill me, but its certainly a lot better than the track events, the TV coverage shows way too much of it and forgets the interesting sports IMO