• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Men's Swimming

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think SA's best chance lies with Ryk Neethling and Roland Schoeman. Both are ranked at the top of the men's 100m. Besides being a great swimmer, Ryk Neethling is also really hot, but that's beside the point 8-)

What do you think the best chances are with for your country :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
Ryk Neethling is also really hot, but that's beside the point 8-)
Whatever :)

Ive heard enough from certain people to know thats a blatant lie, its not beside the point at all is it... :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aus have some good chances of course, thorpey will win a couple no doubt, hackett is a certainty for the 1500, welsh may win 1 or 2 backstroke golds with any luck, maybe a relay gold, prolly a few others too....

_Ed_

Another good South African chance is Corney Swanepoel..hmm, wait a tick, he's representing NZ!

He may be a bit young for these games, but look out in 2008.

Waughney

International Debutant
broncoman said:
aus have some good chances of course, thorpey will win a couple no doubt, hackett is a certainty for the 1500, welsh may win 1 or 2 backstroke golds with any luck, maybe a relay gold, prolly a few others too....
Apparently Australia's womens team is the strongest ever, theyn should win a few.

Simon

yeh jones, lenton etc... theres tough competition in their events though....

Waughney

International Debutant
lol, yeah. Whenever an Aussie girl breaks a WR an American seems to break it a week later!

Simon

yeh its happened a few times lately, lenton should go pretty well if she is in the same form as the trials, i also think shes pretty good looking for the record :)

GermanShepherd

School Boy/Girl Captain
Phelps could be the star of this Olympics. A lotof Americans think he can emulate Mark Spitz's feat of seven golds medals.

Simon

he could, but wont, the competition is simply too good for him to get that many golds....

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
and George Bovell wins bronze in the Men's 200m IM
Look out for him next time.... sure he'll better himself

Piper

International Captain
Well Great Britains chances were tiny to win a medal, but we won some this time! But i think the swimmer of the Olympics is Michael Phelps for sure, 6 golds arent bad you know hehe

Simon

Piper said:
Well Great Britains chances were tiny to win a medal, but we won some this time! But i think the swimmer of the Olympics is Michael Phelps for sure, 6 golds arent bad you know hehe
thats a pretty far comment!
at least he didnt get the 7 gold....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Phelps strikes me as a very humble guy actually. In fact, he let his team-mate (name slips my mind.... Crocker I think) who had not had a good Olympics thus far, swin the final medley in his place as redemption. That's pretty selfless and admirable.

All that said, my support is with Ian Thorpe all the way... unless he swims against Bovell. Then I'm torn.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Seems strange that the swimming relay teams, whoever participates in the team gets a medal (if the team comes 1st 2nd or 3rd obviously) however in cycling the 4000m team pursuit is different, only the 4 who finished the race get the medal, the others who helped in heats ect get a smile and a handshake if that.

Got me stumped as to why they are both 2 different rules when overall its the same basic idea, 4 people in a team event.