• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

London's Olympic Bid

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm sorry but you have to pay a fiver just to get in..... You can't swing a bloody cat there, let alone get a bicycle in or hold an Olympic Games fit for the world stage..

Im not sure what is going on on the Stadium front... I hope they won't be planning to hold the javelin at Highbury :D

I think we should be sorting out our Olympic team and the place's infrastructure before splashing out millions upon millions on all of this (We already have done I guess in the bid... And I read today that it's already dominated by wrangling and infighting....

If it does go to the UK, at least give it to one of our more deserving cities.. I was pleasantly surprised with the show Manchester put on for the commonwealth games.. Respect...

Craig

World Traveller
However, wouldn't Highbury have been pulled down by then and used for business/housing?

Arsenal's new ground should be built by then.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
However, wouldn't Highbury have been pulled down by then and used for business/housing?

Ashburton Grove?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:

Yes it will, however it wasnt a serious comment :)