• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A question for the English

Who will the English be going for?

• Australia

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • U.S.A.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When Australia & U.S.A. are fighting it out in the pool in a couple of months who will the English prefer to win?

As much as I don't like seeing the English win anything, it is a dam sight better seeing the Poms get up against those Yanks!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
American's for me. If one of theirs doesn't qualify, pressure isn't applied to allow him to compete.

Craig

World Traveller
Well when your offered $60,000 and a job when he retires it is very hard to not give up his spot.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Exactly what I mean by pressure.

That incident goes directly against the whole idea of the Olympics.

It's supposed to be about the taking part (the Eric the Eel-tpye competitor)

Waughney

International Debutant
Pity the Eric the Eel-tpye competitor can't get into the olympics anymore, with the new rules (don't ask me what they are...??)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, because we'd all then select that option.

The idea is to force us to make a choice between Uncle Sam and the Convicts!

Langeveldt

Soutie
USA USA USA!!!

If they win a lot, it will probably go over the 256 million strong population's heads as they tuck into their burgers and sissy rugby... However Australia will probably give a toss....

PY

International Coach
I loved it the other day when Geoffrey Boycott used the phrase 'couldn't give a toss' when he was talking about Darren Lehmann playing for Yorkshire. It sounded so out of place. Richie Benaud didn't know what to say.

I like Australia competing except when it is against England or in cricket. But I have to admit, if Australia don't do so well in swimming then we might pip them in the table (even with our shocking Olympic team :()

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah...

"EEE Looks like a reeel thug, a reeeel bully on 't pitch.. I would 'av looved to 'av batted wi' 'im !"

He seems to have developed a taste for thuggery since his visits to the south of France hasnt he!

Craig

World Traveller
Didn't Great Britian win Gold in the rowing?

And one of the rowers got his 4th Gold medal and equals the record held by Sir Steve Redgrave?

Maybe a knighthood, or a OBE, MBE, CBE or whatever they are is probably around the corner.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Didn't Great Britian win Gold in the rowing?

And one of the rowers got his 4th Gold medal and equals the record held by Sir Steve Redgrave?

Maybe a knighthood, or a OBE, MBE, CBE or whatever they are is probably around the corner.
Steve Redgrave won five.
You should know-he won his fifth in your country