Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Web Travel Tips

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar

Cricket Web Travel Tips

Just looking for anyone's tips on recommended places to visit while travelling. This can even be a description of where you live if you think it's a top place and worth a visit.

Hexxagon Champion!
    There are potholes in the roads.
    The weather is humid.
    The local cricket ground is wet and slushy due to rain.
    It rains.
    Dont come here .
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    There are potholes in the roads.
    The weather is humid.
    The local cricket ground is wet and slushy due to rain.
    It rains.
    Dont come here .
    and we're off to a top start! haha

All Time Legend Paid The Umpire's Avatar
    PERTH.

Great weather
    Isolated
    Not many people
    Nice golf courses
    The WACA
    Kings Park
    Me.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    thata a fair hike from sweden...
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

haha, yeah, I guess I should add one myself.

Sweden!

It's a nice place, plenty of open spaces, forests, lakes. The people are nice (the girls are definately not ugly! haha) and although it's not the cheapest place in the world it's better than the UK as far as value for money goes.

I haven't been to Stockholm, but Gothenburg is beautiful and Malmo is really nice too, given that you can get on a train for 30 minutes and be in Copenhagen. I'm living in a place sort of down South and quite central, there's only 3000 people here (oh, and forests and lakes haha), but it's all over in 3 weeks and it's back to good old Oz, which will be a bit strange.

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Armidale:- Don't come here its a **** hole...
    Dubbo:- Better then Armidale but still a **** hole...(Don't belive what was in the daily tele today )

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere
    NSW North Coast:

Beautiful place, great beaches, World Heritage rain forests, nice warm climate, beautiful cities (e.g. Coffs Harbour), not too crowded, some unspoilt areas (i.e. no developed land along 20kms of prime coastline), solitary islands marine park. Overall great place.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

Engelberg, Switzerland.

Heaven on earth. The most beautiful village in the entire world. Situated on the foothills of Mount Titlis, it's the most scenic place I've ever seen. For more information - http://www.engelberg.ch

I stayed at an Indian hotel there, so food wasn't a problem. But I guess for all non-Indians food anywhere around there shouldn't be a problem.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Breakout Champion!
    St. Helens
    Greatest place on earth...we've got the best Rugby league team in Britain(if not the world). It's a place full of history, northern tradition, industry...oh, we've got the world of glass(a museum about all glass, as there are lots[or were] of glassworks in St. Hellens- Pilkintgons, Ravenhead, St. Helens glass. etc.) We don't have any beaches, but we have a canal!

Liverpool
    It has a bad reputation, but it's a good place really. The Beatles(there's a Beatles museum aswell), The River Mersey(and a maritime museum), Liverpool and Everton football clubs, the clubs...need I say more?

Wigan
    I wouldn't even bother thinking about it! s***hole!
    Last edited by steds; 09-09-2004 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waughney
    NSW North Coast:

Beautiful place, great beaches, World Heritage rain forests, nice warm climate, beautiful cities (e.g. Coffs Harbour), not too crowded, some unspoilt areas (i.e. no developed land along 20kms of prime coastline), solitary islands marine park. Overall great place.
    Yeah, I agree. I come from Kingscliff right up on the North Coast near the border (you could probably work that out from "location") and the beaches are awesome. Heading out the back around Murwillumbah etc you have rainforests and waterfalls and the best thing about it is that even though it's close to the border, most people stop at the Southern tip of the Gold coast and don't come down this way (or at least they didn't 2 years ago, not sure about now! haha). Unfortunately, since I've been away, they have decided to develop some of the beachfront which is extremely stupid in my opinion so we no longer just have bush between here and the next town - but there's still kilometres and kilometres of beaches to walk along in either direction.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    May be u should come and have a look

God's Own Country
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian
    May be u should come and have a look

God's Own Country
    Mate, your place looks absolutely awesome! I was going to visit India on the way home, but unfortunately won't be able to make it this time due to not saving enough money to do everything I wanted on the way back (Iceland for a week has kind of replaced it too, which will be interesting - so it's not exactly a hard luck story). haha It's a future goal though, and I wouldn't have known about your spot so......now it'll go on the itinerary for next time around.

If only I could win the lottery in my last few weeks here! haha So many places to visit!
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 09-09-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Pinball Champion!
    Taunton - Nice enough, pleasant medium sized town, quiet place in a big valley with beautiful hills to the north and south..
    Weather is usually pretty good, because all the wind and rain end up on the hills and its nice and sheltered, People are pretty conservative and on the whole its a laid back, traditional place which is mostly seen going through in a car or train...
    Cricket reigns supreme here because there are no notable football sides at all in the area, so thats a good thing for some people (No notable cricket sides either!) ... its a bit like Oxford with all the dreaming spires of the numerous church towers.. To the west is a large farming community which form the market every saturday..

On the downside, in the grips of a really serious night time violent crime problem in the town centre, assosciated nearly always with drink.. Probably as a result of there not being a lot to do, so the locals just go hellbent at night... Im sure the problem exists in most places, but not as much as Taunton...

Nice thread, will do Pretoria/JHB and Dubai next..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Vice-Captain Anna's Avatar
    Another thing about Taunton- You can almost always see a Somerset cricketer or 2 wandering around or hanging out in Starbucks

COME ON YOU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day lad, all this will be yours"
    "What, the curtains?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information