Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Three Kingdoms Mafia - Game Thread

Three Kingdoms Mafia - Game Thread

China, 208 AD. The Han dynasty is crumbling and the Emperor retains only nominal powers. Instead the royal court is a puppet under full control of the warlord Cao Cao, who has vanquished several key rivals in battle to seize control of northern China. Having recently also acquired the strategic naval base of Jiangling he is now poised to strike south of the Yangtze River into the province governed by Sun Quan. Victory would him leave him unrivalled in strength and establish his de facto rule over the whole nation.

In the face of Cao Cao's overwhelming numbers and string of military successes, the majority of Southland advisors counsel surrender. Opposing this view is Lu Su, who travels himself as an emmisary to the defeated and fleeing warlord, Liu Bei. He returns to the Southland court with Liu Bei's chief advisor Zhuge Liang (aka Kongming, one of the great minds of the age) with the hope of forging an alliance which can repel the northern forces.

These two carry the day in debate and the decision is made by Sun Quan to go to war. An alliance of necessity is thus formed to oppose Cao Cao and a naval force is deployed under the command of the Southland military director, Zhou You.

But Cao Cao rose to prominence as much by guile as by might and he quickly hatches a plan to meet this latest threat. He dispatches a small group of his most trusted generals to infiltrate the allied forces and tear them apart from within. Will the spies succeed or will Cao Cao's march to power be thwarted beneath the Red Cliffs?

The answer lies in Three Kingdoms Mafia.

TLDR: Big scrap brewing, there are some spies.

Active players:
    1) np10
    2) morgie
    3) Victor Ian
    4) StephenZA
    5) SillyCowCorner1
    6) Marcuss

MIA:

1) Teja
    2) sledger
    3) Honestbharani
    4) Howe
    5) GIMH
    6) Daemon
    7) Uppercut
    8) Tom Halsey
    9) AZH
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 28-05-2020 at 10:06 AM.

The rules.

1. Nights are 24hrs. If you don't meet this deadline (i.e. email me what you are doing that night, subject to your role), then you may be modkilled (or replaced if anyone wants to jump in). You must send me an email with what you are doing each night if you are capable of doing something, even if you don't wish to visit anyone.
    2. Days are 48hrs. Every remaining (i.e. alive) player must make a non-trivial contribution to the debate and discussion. Failure to do so may result in you being modkilled.
    Lynch votes should be bolded like this: Lynch Neptune or No lynch or Unlynch Neptune.
    3. Please do not discuss the game outside of this thread or the QT if you are in one.
    4. Please do not talk in this thread if you are dead (beyond a single "ffs i'm dead" sort of post)
    5. No editing or deleting messages, please.
    6. I will not be revealing the roles of players when they die, only the character's name and their alignment.
    7. Votes carry if they represent a majority of the possible votes. If no vote has carried at the conclusion of the 48 hours, then No Lynch will carry the vote.
    8. Character claiming is permitted in this game but it is not recommended. There are specific reasons in this game why it might be a bad idea for you to do so. In any case the source material for the theme is infamous for having gazilions of characters so the Mafia have plenty of spare claims anyway.

Win conditions are: Allies will win the game if all Spies are killed. Spies will win if they ever number 50% of the surviving players.

FYI for those to whom this is meaningful, as source material for the theme and characters I have drawn upon the Romance of Three Kingdoms novel over and above the actual histories of the conflict. Even then, I have sacrificed thematic faithfulness for game mechanics liberally as needed. No theme knowledge is required to play (or expected) though it might offer the occasional hint e.g. as to the likely strength of a role. Also, it's a cool theme damnit.

In the game there will be a new mechanic of character duels. Players may end up in duels with other players due to events in the game which I shan't reveal here. The majority of players will be given a duelling rating between 1 and 5, stated in their initial role email (5 is strongest, 1 is weak) which, together with other variables (which I also shan't reveal here) will determine the outcome of a duel. In a duel either one of the players may die, or it may be a draw with both players surviving. If you participate in a duel (and survive) you will know about it and also know which player you duelled against.

A minority of players will have a duel score of N/A. These characters are lovers, not fighters and will not participate. If for some reason they would be a participant in a duel, the duel simply won't go ahead.
    Last edited by Red_Ink_Squid; 19-05-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    nightprowler10 and StephenZA like this.

Now I've got that off my chest, I'm heading to bed. I'll send out role emails in the morning.
    GIMH likes this.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Bit of a departure from CBeebies, this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Request Your Custom Title Now! honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Ink_Squid View Post
    These characters are lovers, not fighters
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

They all said "Hallo," and felt awkward and unhappy suddenly, because it was a sort of good-bye they were saying, and they didn't want to think about it.
    Gun. Makes me want to play Dynasty Warriors.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    I still got Thomas the Tank Engine as my role
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

They all said "Hallo," and felt awkward and unhappy suddenly, because it was a sort of good-bye they were saying, and they didn't want to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I still got Thomas the Tank Engine as my role
    * Tuomasi - 托马斯

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Gun. Makes me want to play Dynasty Warriors.
    I loved those games. It will pain me to be colour coding Wei in red and Wu in Blue because of this.

Hahaha yessss....

I played loads of Dynasty Warriors 8 early last year, and only had my Xbox 360 available. Great times.
    Red_Ink_Squid likes this.

Role emails have now been sent out, please don't feel left out if you are a non-train (there's an idea for a future game...)

Let me know if you haven't received the email or you have any questions.

It is now Night 0
    sledger and honestbharani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hahaha yessss....

I played loads of Dynasty Warriors 8 early last year, and only had my Xbox 360 available. Great times.
    My A level grades definitely suffered due to mass playing of Dynasty Warriors 3 at the time. Last one I played lots of was 5, though I've dabled in later versions when visiting my brother who's kept playing them.

At a gathering last year my Mum got us to do one of those cringy family exercises where we had to share a fond memory of the other people present. My little brother's pick for me was 'Clearing Wu Zhang plains together on Chaos difficulty.' A touching moment.
    sledger likes this.

International Coach
    Evening all.
    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information