Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of the mods here

Some of the mods here

I am not going to name any names here but some of the mods here have this really bad attitude as if they are better than everyone here. There could be a really good discussion going on and they will close down the whole thread just coz they don't like it.

I also remember a time when it was a really good thread and no one was insulting anyone else in it either and one of the mods closed it just coz he didn't like the topic. I think thats a real stupid attitude to have. Clean up your act, don't play god.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    If you have a specific case study, please point it out, and we'll explain why it was closed.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Eggs Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyCrazy
    I am not going to name any names here.
    Neil Pickup.....ooops....I didn't say that

but some of the mods here have this really bad attitude as if they are better than everyone here. There could be a really good discussion going on and they will close down the whole thread just coz they don't like it.

I also remember a time when it was a really good thread and no one was insulting anyone else in it either and one of the mods closed it just coz he didn't like the topic. I think thats a real stupid attitude to have. Clean up your act, don't play god.
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

well if you have to know, there was a thread some time ago about which batter has no class at all or something of the sort. And one of the mods was on there saying he was sick of all these "negative" topics and talked as if those kinds of topics should not be created. Just coz someone is a mod doesn't mean we have to make threads which please you guys.

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    well if you have to know, there was a thread some time ago about which batter has no class at all or something of the sort. And one of the mods was on there saying he was sick of all these "negative" topics and talked as if those kinds of topics should not be created. Just coz someone is a mod doesn't mean we have to make threads which please you guys.
    I agree with you there, we (as the staff) have no right to tell you what you can and can't post in terms of subject matter, but I do know from experiance that there are a fair few subjects that continue to pop up every few weeks/months if not more often that you just know will cause problems due to knowing that some members are either to stuborn to listen or change their views - Eg Does Murali Chuck?, Harmison is rubbish etc etc... in those instances the mods are aware of what is comming and try to act before it even happens and before members start going for each other.

At the end of the day we want a pleasent community where people enjoy visiting and with heated views that isn't possible - So we try and cut them out before they start, we like to think we are slightly more forgiving than some forums but going by your comments that may not be the case in your eyes and we can only improve if people tell us our faults - So I would be more than happy to have a chat with you or if you just want to e-mail your thoughts on the matter and the people you feel could improve etc then feel free (E-mail: richard.twyman @ cricketweb.net / MSN: richard1984_2000 @ hotmail.com).

The only one little point I would like to add in defence of my fellow mods is that remember this is a forum open to all and that covers all age ranges and types of people - In the sense that while someone might make a comment they feel is ok, someone else could easily take it the wrong way or see it as alot more offensive... and we don't want to upset the parents of kids that visit a harmless cricketing forum only to be seeing people fighting and being abusive etc. Finally I would add that very rarlly do mods get involded in closing/editting threads unless they are reported by you guys.

Anyway like I said I am sorry you feel that way but the only way we can improve is through comments from our members like yourself and at least you are being honest, hopfully your be willing to share your faults with atleast someone on the staff members even if it isn't myself.

Okay, I'm not sure I remember the exact thread - I've just searched for "negative" in recent threads (and got loads about Gilo..):

International Coach
    Off-topic almost before it even started.

Test Only Batsmen
    TEC v The World

Tuffey v Harmison
    Chronic Slanging Match

Lara and Ponting
    Killed because it was a) asked to be shut and b) an Antipodean slanging match

TalkSport Radio
    Classic Rik and Marc

Murali and Warne
    Distinct lack of argumentative logic

That goes back four months. Was it any of them?

I totally agree with everything Rich said - if anyone wants to discuss/question any decisions I make moderating the boards (ideally with examples) - I try to keep these decisions entirely separate from my opinions on issues, you won't - my MSN address is in my signature and profile. You only learn from mistakes...

Please do keep in mind that I have an exceptionally poor sense of humour, though - that'll never change!

All well and good mate, but at least have the balls to name me when you're having a stab at someone. Far easier and you'll gain more respect than the backhanded stab you're having at me now.

Andre, you are saying if he already has some respect.

ReallyCrazy, I think you should change your name to Really**** because that's what you really are. If you have a problem with someone, NAME that guy(?).

Friends stab you in the front. Foes in the back. Lets see your relationship with CW. But you are neither friend neither foe. You are just one sweet, cute, little, tiny, *** ** * *****!!!!

*** *****, ** *** *** *** *****. ** *** *** * *****.

RC, some of the mods may have a bad attitude, but none has THAT filthy and cowardly attitude like yours.
    Last edited by yaju; 10-06-2004 at 11:31 AM. Reason: A mod told me to edit the fourth paragraph. Happy now RC?
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yaju
    Andre, you are saying if he already has some respect.

ReallyCrazy, I think you should change your name to Really**** because that's what you really are. If you have a problem with someone, NAME that guy(?).

Friends stab you in the front. Foes in the back. Lets see your relationship with CW. But you are neither friend neither foe. You are just one sweet, cute, little, tiny, *** ** * *****!!!!

*** *****, ** *** *** *** *****. ** *** *** * *****.

RC, some of the mods may have a bad attitude, but none has THAT filthy and cowardly attitude like yours.
    Not sure that was called for Yaju. Not very becoming of a staff member.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Not sure that was called for Yaju. Not very becoming of a staff member.
    Too right, Liam.

No need for it.
    Last edited by Neil Pickup; 10-06-2004 at 01:27 PM.

Pinball Champion!
    Mods, generally top work, and much appreciated...

Once I got banned from a cricket gaming site (which will of course go unnamed) for writing an OT post in the cricket forums.. Banned without return or explanation.. So the guys on here who have a presence and communicate are appreciated, and somewhat a novelty after that experience... Anyway top work in general..

I reckon we should have sub forums for
    Murali - Does he chuck?
    Harmison - The great debate
    (Warning not for the week and feeble)
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Andre, so it was you! I didn't even remember that it was you, all I remembered was it was one of the mods. And there was no need for me to name names as long as that person reads it (you obviously did). And what I said still stands. Some ppl (hint, hint)should stop acting like they know more than everyone else and get off the moral high horse.

Thanks for your post Rich2001 and thanx for agreeing Neil.

Yaju, you are part of the staff? Surprising
    Last edited by ReallyCrazy; 10-06-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Andre, so it was you! I didn't even remember that it was you, all I remembered was it was one of the mods. And there was no need for me to name names as long as that person reads it (you obviously did). And what I said still stands. Some ppl (hint, hint)should stop acting like they know more than everyone else and get off the moral high horse.

Thanks for your post Rich2001 and thanx for agreeing Neil.

Yaju, you are part of the staff? Surprising
    Let it go, please.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Let it go, please.
    no

PY
    Give up, what is it achieving?

And I say that as someone who isn't staff. Not everyone has the same taste as you. You may have not been around a while ago when almost every thread was being shut because people were being abusive which has no place on a family forum.

Although I do remember your behaviour in the India vs Australia thread a while ago which leaves me slightly ponderous.

They do a good job and deserve respect for it.
    Last edited by PY; 11-06-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information