Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Have you ever..........

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Yes
    Yes

Not sure about "foreceably removed" from the country, but when the Aus immigration discovered me and the fact I'd overstayed my visa by 2 years, they did see fit to put me in a Cairns jail for 5 days before they could get me on a plane. ****s.
    Assuming you then committed a crime in England to get a ticket back?

cpr
    TBF nowadays we'd just deport him as a dirty immigrant just because he's been out of the country for more than a week
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

No and yes.

The later not since I was forced to take home economics at school tho, so it's the best part of 30 years.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

I was forced to take home economics at school
    Now I understand why you have such a downer on pandas

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I believe it was called "Food Technology" by the time I reached schooling age, but I loved that class. So easy. And you occasionally got to eat.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Yes
    Yes

Not sure about "foreceably removed" from the country, but when the Aus immigration discovered me and the fact I'd overstayed my visa by 2 years, they did see fit to put me in a Cairns jail for 5 days before they could get me on a plane. ****s.
    I thought jail would have been the citizenship test?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    No
    Yes

sledger likes this.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I believe it was called "Food Technology" by the time I reached schooling age, but I loved that class. So easy. And you occasionally got to eat.
    I remember making a 'Danish open sandwich.' which was just a slice of white bread that you had to put stuff on. There was also the monstrosity that was the 'scone based' Pizza.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I remember making a 'Danish open sandwich.' which was just a slice of white bread that you had to put stuff on. There was also the monstrosity that was the 'scone based' Pizza.
    Hahaha yes. I have never heard of such a "sandwich" since. I suspect it was just made up.

And yes, the "scone-based pizza" was a true abomination. No right-minded person could ever have come up with such a thing. Even at the time I knew it was a terrible idea, even before making it.

A quick Google search suggests that open sandwiches are indeed a thing. But they appear to predominantly exist in countries whose bread is more dense and thick than the UK's.

They actually look alright. Probably better when attempted on bread that isn't as thin as a pencil and has more than minimal structural integrity (e.g. Hovis or Kingsmill).

Stupid school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information