Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Board games

Should get some online /Risk on the go

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah I see what you mean but I don't agree. The satisfaction from playing a board game well isn't as strong but I'd have the board game moments when you laugh so hard you can't breathe as higher highs.
    I've had plenty of those moment in some shooters tbf
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    +1 on the ticket to ride love. Have only had a few nights of playing it, but led to good humour/yelling between myself/mrs ripper/ brother-in-law/ BIL's partner. Plus drinks. Lotsa drinks.
    Parmi

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    A little off-topic but it's following on from a discussion that happened in this thread ages back: whoever said that physical board games are more fun than most video games these days was correct.

edit: moved out of the gaming thread
    I said that but I'm going to retroactively change what I said and say that board games are better than most multiplayer video games these days. Video games are way better at the single player experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    if I buy Ticket To Ride I can just open it up and play it. Who wants that from a game? I want to load it up and then get told to download a 7gb update and play it four days later
    I literally bought a physical copy of Doom 2016 yesterday and went to play it last night and discovered it needed 4h of downloading. I thought "That can't be right" and checked the back of the box - 55gb of hard drive space required. A DVD generally only contains around 8gb.

So I bought a game and have to download 45gb or more? Crazy. Makes reading the rules for a new board game much more tolerable.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Games are on Bluray discs which hold 50gb
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Catan - played this to death before Puerto Rico came along. I've barely played it since.

Puerto Rico - still the best game for playing with players of equal skill.

Risk - not bad for a game designed in 1959 but it has largely been superseded. Try Twilight Imperium if you have a day to spare.

Agricola is another game that hasn't been mentioned but is one that I enjoyed thoroughly. Some people won't like it because of the stress involved but it's so tight and well designed.

A Feast For Odin is a recent cracker of a game. Huge game that takes ages to play but has the satisfying Tetris feeling but as Vikings.

Railroad ink is a great recent one for chilling and drawing little railroad and highways everywhere. Its a very Zen game. You play it and bliss out.

Pandemic legacy season 1 someone mentioned earlier is a fantastic experience as well. Characters can die, cities can riot and descend into chaos. Its a great experience (No spoilers).

This was very popular in India, long before people could afford personal computers and play games on it.

193193991.jpeg

Test-match-3.png

I used to have test match. Fun little dexterity game.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I literally bought a physical copy of Doom 2016 yesterday and went to play it last night and discovered it needed 4h of downloading. I thought "That can't be right" and checked the back of the box - 55gb of hard drive space required. A DVD generally only contains around 8gb.

So I bought a game and have to download 45gb or more? Crazy. Makes reading the rules for a new board game much more tolerable.
    Downloaded BF5 for my laptop and it's, like, 70gb download.

Don't you guys have NBN?

#L2moochoffgovernment
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Man, where do you lucky ****ers get the sort of friends who would ready to spend hours playing board games on the weekend? Would love to try but don't think any friends who live near me would be remotely interested.

The people I know IRL who are into video games largely only play games like FIFA/PUBG which don't require an investment of time but video games are great single player experiences as well anyway.

A friend in Bangalore goes to specific coffee shop type places where people congregate to find people to play board games and they have whatsapp groups and ****. Might look for something like that in my current city for a try.
    Last edited by Teja.; 25-06-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Man, where do you lucky ****ers get the sort of friends who would ready to spend hours playing board games on the weekend? Would love to try but don't think any friends who live near me would be remotely interested.

The people I know IRL who are into video games largely only play games like FIFA/PUBG which don't require an investment of time but video games are great single player experiences as well anyway.

A close friend in Bangalore goes to specific coffee shop type places where people congregate to find people to play board games and they have whatsapp groups and ****. Might look for something like that in my current city for a try.
    It's easier to make friends out of board gamers than to turn friends into board gamers.

Having said that, you just need to find the right game to scratch the itch. Scythe odd probably a perfect introduction to video gamers who like more complicated games while you might be better off with a game like Star Realms or Railroad ink for players who are more into lighter/ faster games. For sports fans you might consider Flamme Rouge, which I've never played but it's a very highly rated cycling game. Cash n Guns might appeal to people who love to have a laugh when they play a game.

Its really about picking the right game for the group at this point. There are so many different types of games out there.

Ticket To Ride is actually great as far as simple, easy-to-learn and flexible games go.

State Vice-Captain
    the hardest part of ticket to ride sometimes is finding where all the old place names are on the map

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information