Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Mental Health Thread

International Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    No. Just think you are in a bad place and probably finding reasons to reject the assistance that can help.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    No. Just think you are in a bad place and probably finding reasons to reject the assistance that can help.
    The reason might be true, they might not be, I cannot trust anyone fully. I am doing what my doctor wants but I think it might be a mistake. What is going to happen if he really is wanting to hurt me? Am I handing myself over to people to really make me worse?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Hey TFO, you're in a fairly vulnerable place right now and a lot of the negative voices you may be hearing might be paranoia.

However there is nothing to prevent you from getting a second opinion from a second doctor or therapist (besides paying for a consultation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Things did not go well. Doctor advised me to go to hospital but I am not sure he has my best interests in mind rather than just wanting me in hospital to allow my thoughts to be controlled sway from the truth. I left and am at home but probably will go to hospital this afternoon.,

Why are you so interested? Are you a medical professional?
    Mate, you haven't been around here long but if you had you would know that I care very little for TBB........but I have no doubt at all that he asked that out of genuine interest/care for your health. One thing I do know about this place is that when **** comes to shove, most get in your corner. It is truly a great community for that.

I'm in no real position to offer helpful words (though I wish I was) but I truly do wish you well and hope that you can get the help you need. Mental illness is a tragic and sometimes horrific thing.......no one deserves to go through that ****. My advice is to trust in the professionals, if you have doubts about your current practitioner then find another. Seems like your life is in the balance right now........so please don't give up, keep searching for the help you need.

Best of luck mate.
    You flew out to India
    When your country needed you
    Century on debut ,
    What a find.....

Na na na na na na na na na

Ali Ali Cook , Ali Cook , Ali Ali Cook

Na na na na na na na na na

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpy9JPZH3E

International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anil1405 View Post
    @aussie tragic, glad that you figured out anti-depressants aren't working for you. How are you feeling now as compared to how you used to feel prior to starting medication in the first place?
    I feel much better, however this is more to do with the fact I admitted myself to a 2 week mental health program in hospital after my 'cold turkey' stopping of meds really screwed me up. This program allowed me to understand the cause of depression and anxiety a lot better and I learnt ways that helped me deal with it. It also allowed me to be monitored during my slow reduction off the meds I'd been on for 15 months (I kept asking to be reduced faster, but now glad that Doctor new best and I had to do it in his time-frame).

So in summary, I would have never needed the meds if I had followed my Doctor's advice and seen a Psychologist first, however the stigma of seeing someone with Psych in their title stopped me from doing so.
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 30-07-2019 at 02:59 AM.
    anil1405 likes this.

The bloody stigma. So many people are suffering in silence coz of the stigma.

I've just been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). My GP had done all the tests on me to see if I have any deficiency of sort but there is none. So he clarified that its CFS. It doesn't come as a surprise to me as I know that all my energy over the years had been invested into fighting my anxiety and depression. Mentally right now I am in a very good place as my depression is gone and my anxiety is very much under control but I constantly feel tired and lazy and thats because of where I invested my energies in the past.

I see CFS as the last thing holding me back from living a normal life and now that its confirmed that it is CFS and not any other potential illness that I was imagining I am relieved. I was imagining weird **** and expecting the worst. Anyway if anyone here had gone through constant fatigue and have overcome it I would love to here how they managed to do so.
    harsh.ag, Teja., andmark and 1 others like this.

suggest you talk to your therapist about whether provigil/adderall or similar stuff could help. Dunno your past history so it’s highly situation dependent whether it’d help obv.
    anil1405 likes this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anil1405 View Post
    I've just been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). My GP had done all the tests on me to see if I have any deficiency of sort but there is none. So he clarified that its CFS. It doesn't come as a surprise to me as I know that all my energy over the years had been invested into fighting my anxiety and depression. Mentally right now I am in a very good place as my depression is gone and my anxiety is very much under control but I constantly feel tired and lazy and thats because of where I invested my energies in the past.

I see CFS as the last thing holding me back from living a normal life and now that its confirmed that it is CFS and not any other potential illness that I was imagining I am relieved. I was imagining weird **** and expecting the worst. Anyway if anyone here had gone through constant fatigue and have overcome it I would love to here how they managed to do so.
    My niece's best friend had this, and to show how long ago it was in those days we still called it 'yuppy flu' - the odd thing was that the diagnosis itself seemed to reverse it and after a couple of years of being permanently exhausted she was all but back to normal after a couple of months - she was prescribed some medication, but the GP told her later that it was little more than a placebo
    anil1405 likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Been too scared to enter this thread to even read it never mind post. I been there done it got the t-shirt so to speak, had a nice bout of depression many years ago and did something really silly and took a shitload of pills. Fortunately looking at a picture on the wall of family made me snap out of it and get the help I needed. Was a long old night in hospital and wasn't allowed out unless I had a responsible adult with me, why they let me out with my brother is beyond me as he was never responsible but I went to watch my cricket team and ended up playing as they were short. Batting was fun, I saw 3 balls coming at me and went for the middle one and was 8no when it poured down and the game was called off. I told the lads I trusted a few weeks later and to this day I have only told about 25 people including family.

Back then I had a bad gambling problem and I mean bad, paid on a Friday most of it gone by Saturday morning and yes I know I like a bet now but I am older wiser and far more sensible as I only bet for fun now and profits off it have taken my family to Portugal and Malta in recent years. I won't bore you any more but I will say that talking is the best thing to do as I didn't and should have, there will be far more people than you expect who are willing to help as you feel worthless and useless but you are wrong and can't see it. Talk, talk and talk some more.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    My niece's best friend had this, and to show how long ago it was in those days we still called it 'yuppy flu' - the odd thing was that the diagnosis itself seemed to reverse it and after a couple of years of being permanently exhausted she was all but back to normal after a couple of months - she was prescribed some medication, but the GP told her later that it was little more than a placebo
    An entire chapter in my PhD is about a medical trial relating to CFS treatment, oddly enough.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information