Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 206
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: Mental Health Thread

  1. #106
    International Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Would you like them here or there?
    Posts
    5,321
    No. Just think you are in a bad place and probably finding reasons to reject the assistance that can help.

  2. #107
    State Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    No. Just think you are in a bad place and probably finding reasons to reject the assistance that can help.
    The reason might be true, they might not be, I cannot trust anyone fully. I am doing what my doctor wants but I think it might be a mistake. What is going to happen if he really is wanting to hurt me? Am I handing myself over to people to really make me worse?

  3. #108
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Runner-Up of \_/ Tournament 2019
    Posts
    43,856
    Hey TFO, you're in a fairly vulnerable place right now and a lot of the negative voices you may be hearing might be paranoia.

    However there is nothing to prevent you from getting a second opinion from a second doctor or therapist (besides paying for a consultation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  4. #109
    International Captain Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Things did not go well. Doctor advised me to go to hospital but I am not sure he has my best interests in mind rather than just wanting me in hospital to allow my thoughts to be controlled sway from the truth. I left and am at home but probably will go to hospital this afternoon.,

    Why are you so interested? Are you a medical professional?
    Mate, you haven't been around here long but if you had you would know that I care very little for TBB........but I have no doubt at all that he asked that out of genuine interest/care for your health. One thing I do know about this place is that when **** comes to shove, most get in your corner. It is truly a great community for that.

    I'm in no real position to offer helpful words (though I wish I was) but I truly do wish you well and hope that you can get the help you need. Mental illness is a tragic and sometimes horrific thing.......no one deserves to go through that ****. My advice is to trust in the professionals, if you have doubts about your current practitioner then find another. Seems like your life is in the balance right now........so please don't give up, keep searching for the help you need.

    Best of luck mate.


  5. #110
    International Vice-Captain aussie tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by anil1405 View Post
    @aussie tragic, glad that you figured out anti-depressants aren't working for you. How are you feeling now as compared to how you used to feel prior to starting medication in the first place?
    I feel much better, however this is more to do with the fact I admitted myself to a 2 week mental health program in hospital after my 'cold turkey' stopping of meds really screwed me up. This program allowed me to understand the cause of depression and anxiety a lot better and I learnt ways that helped me deal with it. It also allowed me to be monitored during my slow reduction off the meds I'd been on for 15 months (I kept asking to be reduced faster, but now glad that Doctor new best and I had to do it in his time-frame).

    So in summary, I would have never needed the meds if I had followed my Doctor's advice and seen a Psychologist first, however the stigma of seeing someone with Psych in their title stopped me from doing so.
    Last edited by aussie tragic; 30-07-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    anil1405 likes this.

  6. #111
    International Regular anil1405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,148
    The bloody stigma. So many people are suffering in silence coz of the stigma.

  7. #112
    International Regular anil1405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,148
    I've just been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). My GP had done all the tests on me to see if I have any deficiency of sort but there is none. So he clarified that its CFS. It doesn't come as a surprise to me as I know that all my energy over the years had been invested into fighting my anxiety and depression. Mentally right now I am in a very good place as my depression is gone and my anxiety is very much under control but I constantly feel tired and lazy and thats because of where I invested my energies in the past.

    I see CFS as the last thing holding me back from living a normal life and now that its confirmed that it is CFS and not any other potential illness that I was imagining I am relieved. I was imagining weird **** and expecting the worst. Anyway if anyone here had gone through constant fatigue and have overcome it I would love to here how they managed to do so.
    harsh.ag, Teja., andmark and 2 others like this.

  8. #113
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NDTV Propaganda Office
    Posts
    8,431
    suggest you talk to your therapist about whether provigil/adderall or similar stuff could help. Dunno your past history so it’s highly situation dependent whether it’d help obv.
    anil1405 likes this.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  9. #114
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Europe, on the outside looking in
    Posts
    20,204
    Quote Originally Posted by anil1405 View Post
    I've just been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). My GP had done all the tests on me to see if I have any deficiency of sort but there is none. So he clarified that its CFS. It doesn't come as a surprise to me as I know that all my energy over the years had been invested into fighting my anxiety and depression. Mentally right now I am in a very good place as my depression is gone and my anxiety is very much under control but I constantly feel tired and lazy and thats because of where I invested my energies in the past.

    I see CFS as the last thing holding me back from living a normal life and now that its confirmed that it is CFS and not any other potential illness that I was imagining I am relieved. I was imagining weird **** and expecting the worst. Anyway if anyone here had gone through constant fatigue and have overcome it I would love to here how they managed to do so.
    My niece's best friend had this, and to show how long ago it was in those days we still called it 'yuppy flu' - the odd thing was that the diagnosis itself seemed to reverse it and after a couple of years of being permanently exhausted she was all but back to normal after a couple of months - she was prescribed some medication, but the GP told her later that it was little more than a placebo
    anil1405 likes this.

  10. #115
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,712
    Been too scared to enter this thread to even read it never mind post. I been there done it got the t-shirt so to speak, had a nice bout of depression many years ago and did something really silly and took a shitload of pills. Fortunately looking at a picture on the wall of family made me snap out of it and get the help I needed. Was a long old night in hospital and wasn't allowed out unless I had a responsible adult with me, why they let me out with my brother is beyond me as he was never responsible but I went to watch my cricket team and ended up playing as they were short. Batting was fun, I saw 3 balls coming at me and went for the middle one and was 8no when it poured down and the game was called off. I told the lads I trusted a few weeks later and to this day I have only told about 25 people including family.

    Back then I had a bad gambling problem and I mean bad, paid on a Friday most of it gone by Saturday morning and yes I know I like a bet now but I am older wiser and far more sensible as I only bet for fun now and profits off it have taken my family to Portugal and Malta in recent years. I won't bore you any more but I will say that talking is the best thing to do as I didn't and should have, there will be far more people than you expect who are willing to help as you feel worthless and useless but you are wrong and can't see it. Talk, talk and talk some more.

  11. #116
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    My niece's best friend had this, and to show how long ago it was in those days we still called it 'yuppy flu' - the odd thing was that the diagnosis itself seemed to reverse it and after a couple of years of being permanently exhausted she was all but back to normal after a couple of months - she was prescribed some medication, but the GP told her later that it was little more than a placebo
    An entire chapter in my PhD is about a medical trial relating to CFS treatment, oddly enough.

  12. #117
    International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Saitama, Japan
    Posts
    5,994
    Last month I married and moved in with my wife. This coincided with university semester break of two months and me potting around home and her going to work.

    I have been cooking for her occasionally but I have also been drinking a lot and it has brought out a lot of negative feelings.

    We suffered from a lack of intimacy for a while (I think I posted that in another thread) that was at its worst when she told me to leave her alone at our supposed romantic getaway. She was on her period at the time and she couldn’t talk openly with me when I was trying to open up to her. This set off my drinking on a very regular basis and feeling very dark.

    Things have gotten better. We are more intimate now.

    But we had a housewarming party on Sunday and she started talking **** about me. We were both drunk and I took it the wrong way and went and drank downstairs. I later came up and we talked it out in the kitchen where I broke down.

    I travel far to work now because of the move. I was in a cheap business hotel on the next night and felt lonelier than ever. I slipped back into watching porn and I felt horrible. Couldn’t go to work the next day.

    I told her about my depression last night. She said that it was not my problem, it was our problem.

    I watched porn again today though. But I hope I am on the road to recovery.

  13. #118
    International Regular anil1405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,148
    Brave of you for being so open about it DoG and also for mentioning the fact that you broke down. Since you are being pretty vocal about your mental health with your partner and also here, I guess you are always prepared to talk about it and sort it out instead of keeping it to yourself and suffering even more. This is a good sign imo.

  14. #119
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NDTV Propaganda Office
    Posts
    8,431
    Been in a similar place DoG, **** is hard.

    What worked for me is talking to close friends/ family apart from your SO (who might not be living close to you physically). It's important not to feel isolated and remember that there are multiple people who care about you.
    zorax likes this.

  15. #120
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    24,255
    Been spiraling a bit lately. Probably won't go into details, but dealing with a sudden loss of confidence in a certain area of my life, and that's just put me into this funk each day. Like, I'm slammed with work sure, and HK's situation has been bad, and that's putting a strain on everything...but I was dealing with all of that fine. I had a bad day and now I'm questioning a big part of my life. Like, is it worth all the time I invest into it, if i should just give it up and move on. But that makes me sad. It's sad either way. I don't think I can keep going back there, but if I quit I'll have to deal with all the fall out, and that makes it worse.

    Too many people now are noticing this shift in my mood and I'm not comfortable talking about it to anyone outside of a few close people. And bless them, they've tried, but nothing they can say or do can rebuild this sudden loss of confidence. I really genuinely don't know what to do. I can't just quit, I'd feel like a failure if I did. But I don't feel I can make myself show up anymore. Being in the space makes me feel terrible. And it's not the people around me, or anything about that aspect of my life that is chasing me out or make it bad for me. It's not an external factor. It's entirely internal. I'm 100% if I told anyone this, they'll just go 'you're crazy'.

    The fact that this is now making me less productive, quieter, more distant...it's not good. So IDK what to do. And IDK what will make me happy and confident again, if anything. IDEK if i want my confidence back. I think I'm just done with that aspect of my life, but if that's true, then I have to sort of accept that I'm a failure and a quitter because i'm giving up one something i spent so much time and energy into because i no longer believe in myself.
    Adders likes this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

    The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

    iTunes
    SoundCloud

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Mental Health Day - October 10th 2017
    By Lillian Thomson in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 11:05 PM
  2. Mental health problems of cricketers.
    By Kirkut in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 28-03-2015, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-02-2013, 02:48 AM
  4. The Health Thread
    By Days of Grace in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •