Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Avengers Endgame (spoilers)

International Regular Victor Ian's Avatar
    I would just like to point out that bringing a few billion people back to life in a world economy clearly depressed from their original disappearance has probably doomed them all to starve to death while they wait 6 months for a new batch of food to be created. Way to go superheroes! And why not bring back all those who died to accidents, illnesses, etc. Those things are equally horrible ways to stop being.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Went today, was good but not sure worth all the hype. Maybe I am just getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Yeah,bar bq wasn't good
    Sorry, I've taken to calling blatantly "Girl power" stuff "grill power". We don't need that kind of cheese to know that women can be awesome at stuff. I have a wife who constantly amazes me with her talents and abilities.

Not to get all political but scenes like the one in endgame are just so cringe worthy and unnecessary. It says more that the most OP Marvel superhero is female and that there are a ton of female superheroes. We don't need a really cringe worthy moment like that to take us out of the movie. My wife found it equally lame and a little insulting.

I realise that it was only a small thing but it stands out like dogs balls and pulls you out of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Her death was well done and packed a good punch imo.

Atleast when it actually happened. But as you said, everyone seemed to forget about her when iron man died, which was a bit awkward.
    It was a but cheesey with them fighting for the honour but it was as touching of a moment as it could be given that the black widow character is the second least fleshed out of the original six characters behind only Hawkeye.

I'd have loved for both black widow and Hawkeye to get their own films at some point. Scarlett Johansson is to good of an actress to waste on a secondary character.

Incidentally, of the original six, only Thor seems to have more character growth possibilities. Black widow and iron man are dead. Captain America is geriatric. Hawkeye is a dad and retired. Hulk and Banna have become one. Thor is really the only avenger left that has room to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Not to get all political but scenes like the one in endgame are just so cringe worthy and unnecessary. It says more that the most OP Marvel superhero is female and that there are a ton of female superheroes. We don't need a really cringe worthy moment like that to take us out of the movie. My wife found it equally lame and a little insulting.

I realise that it was only a small thing but it stands out like dogs balls and pulls you out of the movie.
    I think it might have worked if they'd had something subtle like perhaps a sequence that only afterwards you realise that it just involved female superheroes, but the way they deliberately lined them up like that wasn't the way to do it.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I honestly don't even know which scene it is you guys are talking about. I guess I want paying close attention.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I honestly don't even know which scene it is you guys are talking about. I guess I want paying close attention.
    yeah same here...

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    it was during the battle. i noticed it and lolled at the sledgehammer subtlety but a) that was probably the point and b) really didn't care.

they probably wanted to sledgehammer it home for the benefit of their massive teenage girl/child audience who won't neccessarily pick up on the small things adults do. black widows sacrifice for example was the strongest action in the entire movie and a woman did it.
    Cabinet96 likes this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendarii View Post
    I think it might have worked if they'd had something subtle like perhaps a sequence that only afterwards you realise that it just involved female superheroes, but the way they deliberately lined them up like that wasn't the way to do it.
    Here's a hot take - this moment wasn't there to impress men.
    Athlai likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    haha this. someone post a screenshot pls.

Anyways, thought this was the best superhero movie I've ever watched. I really enjoyed it and I'm not exactly fond of this genre.

Couple of things

1. What is Captain Marvel doing this entire time?
    2. Was pretty lelz how Black Widow's death felt so trivial. Scarlett must be mad
    3. That scene at the start where Hawkeye's family disappears was great
    4. It's a good thing they sent the two weakest Avengers on the soul stone mission. Would be pretty rough having one of the others die

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    I don't think any of the other Avengers could have succeeded in the Soul stone mission, because none of them "loved" one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Why does anyone believe what Red Skull has to say? Maybe he just likes to mess with people
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Suicide Bob Champion!
    NPCs don’t lie

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I don't think any of the other Avengers could have succeeded in the Soul stone mission, because none of them "loved" one another.
    But what if they hadn't gone on that mission? The four of them who went after the space-based stones were really just there because the others were better suited for their missions, but there was no specific reason why it had to be War Machine and Nebula going after one and Black Widow and Hawkeye the other. And since it doesn't seem like anyone knew that someone would have to die in order to get the Soul Stone (no mention made beforehand and there was surprise that she didn't make it back), it appears to have been more a matter of luck than good planning.

Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendarii View Post
    But what if they hadn't gone on that mission? The four of them who went after the space-based stones were really just there because the others were better suited for their missions, but there was no specific reason why it had to be War Machine and Nebula going after one and Black Widow and Hawkeye the other. And since it doesn't seem like anyone knew that someone would have to die in order to get the Soul Stone (no mention made beforehand and there was surprise that she didn't make it back), it appears to have been more a matter of luck than good planning.
    Don't think Athlai was saying it was good planning. Was good luck that the two noobs loved each other and were sent together.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information