cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Most ridiculous injury you have ever had in your life?

Cricket Spectator

Most ridiculous injury you have ever had in your life?

What is the most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

Got to be when I was 15 , walking back to my dads car from Bargain Booze and slipping on ice and breaking my ankle.

That's a great first post. Mine would be falling down the stairs of a bus. Only resulted in bad bruising of and inability to move some fingers because a lot of my weight was transferred to them as I grabbed a bar to try to stop the fall. Very embarrassing all the same.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Well when I was around half the age of trundler, I went(trespassed) into a neighbor's yard to steal green mangoes from their tree.

They had a dog, a bad one at that. He was not on a leash.

He smelt me. He attacked me. I ran. But he caught me. His right fang sunk into my calf and punctured it.

I bled. I hollered at the dog. He was not letting go (because he was stuck on my leg). I continued to holler. The neighbors, curious to see what's the commotion was about, came to my rescue.

I thanked them. They applied kerosene on my wound. It stopped the bleeding.

They were good neighbors.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    From a WW2 fighter jet to a life long epileptic !

It was 1954.

I was four years old. I had a cousin who was six. Our house had a courtyard in where the family spent most of the day unless weather did not permit. This was also where my cousin used to teach me all kinds of games.

One day he decided that we would play 'aircraft-aircraft'. It meant we would pretend to be an aircraft. In those days one saw lots of old WW2 aircraft flying around with two sets of wings, one below the other. So we had to have four wings. He decided that I would get on to his shoulders and we would both spread out our arms and fly at full speed. Since he was the aircraft (he moved) and I was a mere set of wings, I had to keep my eyes closed.

So he ran in circles in the courtyard at his fastest and both of us raised a massive racket from our engines. Soon the aircraft ran into something - my father's bike.

He was unhurt - I broke my skull.

I survived but had a four inch long wound the stitches on which would soon never be seen (I was a Sikh with long hair) till I decided to cut my hair when I was fifty and try a shaved skull look. It looked kind of interesting and wherever I go, people ask about it.

But that wasn't my problem.

At the age of ten I started getting seizures which kept changing form and finally turned into full blown epileptic fits. I have been on daily medication for the six decades that have passed since the day of my first seizure - they come back with a vengeance any time I miss my medication for a few days.

A few minutes role as part of a WW2 aircraft has resulted in my wife calling me up, wherever in the world I may be, almost every night to make sure I do not go to bed without my medication.
    hendrix, shankar, andmark and 3 others like this.

Not my own, but I knew a guy who once did his back out trying to suck himself off.

If it was me, I would gladly admit to it fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    One thing I have in common with Derek Pringle is that I once pulled a muscle very painfully whilst combing my hair

One thing I didn't, then or since, have in common with Pring was his prodigious ability to attract women

You mean in the last year, or something? I really do have too many such incidents, though none of the magnitude SJS described. The forum knows of the time I tripped chasing that kid.

PS: let us all earnestly wait for Shri.
    Bijed likes this.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Worst would be playing cricket, I turned to chase a ball hit to the boundary only my knee didn't and I ended up in a heap on the floor. A couple of years later and a couple of ops on my cruciate and my playing days were nearly over. I get pain in it now 15 years later from playing bowls which is my limit now.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    You mean in the last year, or something? I really do have too many such incidents, though none of the magnitude SJS described. The forum knows of the time I tripped chasing that kid.

PS: let us all earnestly wait for Shri.
    Is Shri still alive? Haven't heard from him on here for a while. Did the bunny eat him?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

i placed a heavy flower vase on the edge of the kitchen counter, threw some dead flowers in the trash can, while turning around, knocked over the flower vase. with reflexes i never knew i had, i instinctively tried to grab the vase on its way down and actually caught it but it broke into several pieces as it hit my right palm, shaved off a fair amount of skin on my index and middle finger, slicing two tendons as well on my index finger. blood, skin and broken glass all over the kitchen floor. a visit to the emergency room happened followed by skin grafting & tendon-repair surgery culminating in rehab/physical therapy. lost some feeling on the skin on both fingers and my index finger is permanently bent at around 20% and is around 75% back to normal (which will be as good as it gets).

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Playing cricket with a proper ball for the first time in 9th grade, tried hooking an inadvertent beamer. Ball hit me on the left side of the forehead and went to square leg where the fielder actually appealed for a catch. I twirled around like a ballerina and fell down. Luckily didn't lose consciousness or anything but had a hell of a headache and a bump the size of a golf ball.

U19 12th Man
    Ive had some bad injuries, i snapped a hamstring years ago running into bowl which was dreadful, but my funniest one is where i somehow broke my leg getting out of bed!
    andmark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1993 View Post
    Ive had some bad injuries, i snapped a hamstring years ago running into bowl which was dreadful, but my funniest one is where i somehow broke my leg getting out of bed!
    Christ, you have a strong sense of humour if you're amused by breaking your own leg haha.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1993 View Post
    but my funniest one is where i somehow broke my leg getting out of bed!
    Beats Shri and trundler by a country mile
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

I had a pretty typical assortment of sporting injuries during my younger years - broke my hand twice, cracked a rib, wore out one knee, couple of concussions, etc. The most ridiculous though was when I was only about 5. I wanted to be Superman so I made a cape out of a red tablecloth and jumped off our garage roof. Bit my tongue and bled like a stuck pig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information