cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Dancing

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.

Dancing

Does anyone else really really dislike it?

(not counting the occasions on which you are really pissed)

I absolutely envy those who can do it well. Wish I could.
    vogue and Anil like this.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I don't really understand it or the point of it

I mean I guess I would rather be able to do it well also, but it's not exactly high on my list of things I would like to improve at or devote time to improving at

But, as I have learned, this is seems to be an unpopular opinion to have, and voicing it publicly can often lead to being scorned
    vcs likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I can't stand it, takes up too much valuable drinking time.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

It's one of these things (like most kind of performing arts tbh) that I have no proclivity for whatsoever. Unless I am really drunk being made to dance is something that causes me a lot of anxiety, which is only compounded by people seeing how miserable I am approaching me and asking me "why aren't you having fun?" whilst looking confused.

I'm not having fun because social pressure is forcing me to do something I hate, ****.
    vcs, Grasshopper and Prince EWS like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Hate it unless I'm piss drunk.

I've had the unfortunate pleasure of performing a couple of choreographed dances (completely sober) at various Indian weddings. Videos of these exist on aunties phones and whatsapp groups everywhere.

Dancing at clubs is something I'm ok with as long as it's somewhat packed.
    Last edited by Daemon; 01-01-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    sledger and vcs like this.

Dancing used to be something I regarded as just not my thing, but that's turned into an active dislike after many attempts by other people to try to get me to dance. For some reason, there are people who like to dance who simply can't grasp the concept that there might be other people who don't like to. For most other activities it's perfectly acceptable to say that you don't like it/don't want to do it and things will be left there, but that doesn't seem to be the case with dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendarii View Post
    Dancing used to be something I regarded as just not my thing, but that's turned into an active dislike after many attempts by other people to try to get me to dance. For some reason, there are people who like to dance who simply can't grasp the concept that there might be other people who don't like to. For most other activities it's perfectly acceptable to say that you don't like it/don't want to do it and things will be left there, but that doesn't seem to be the case with dancing.
    Yes agreed.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    I used to love dancing all those indian disco songs at wedding houses

Dancing with a girl is considered dangerous because of the flinging of the body parts to match the tune of the music.

And it's really good cardio.

I've danced in some horribly choreographed and regrettable school plays before. Sadly that is all the dancing experience I've had. But then I look at people who can actually dance and I envy the grace, and fluidity with which they move. I view the skill involved in much the same way as playing an instrument now that I think of it. Would absolutely love to be able to do that and express myself in that way though I'm aware dancing like anything involving muscle memory (such as batting and bowling fast) is not my forte.
    vogue likes this.

i hate dancing unless im drunk but i suspect it's my lack of ability rather than the activity itself i dislike. if i was good i reckon i'd think it's great.
    Chewie likes this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

The last time I danced was at a festival, surprisingly with no alcohol involved. But yeah, I expect being willing to dance has a lot to do with how reserved you are. Like being a fairly (might be underestimating this) reserved person, I barely get into situation where I'm prepared to dance. I don't know if anyone feels similar.
    sledger likes this.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    But yeah, I expect being willing to dance has a lot to do with how reserved you are. Like being a fairly (might be underestimating this) reserved person, I barely get into situation where I'm prepared to dance. I don't know if anyone feels similar.
    Being reserved definitely comes into it for me, as does I think my taste in music. I generally listen to metal or progressive rock, neither of which are the most danceable of genres. So dancing isn't just an activity I'm not interested in doing, it's also usually accompanied by music I'm not particularly interested in hearing.

Can still headbang!

Dancing is for those who can easily loosen up and are not too analytical in general, that's what I have noticed. Most good dancers I've met are extroverts and very people person, not saying all extroverts are like that but most good dancers are the ones who express themselves freely.
    trundler, sledger and vcs like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information