cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Dancing

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    As an interesting point. I've never had any complaints/been mocked for it when I actually dance, so I guess I must at least be passable at it. But as above, unless I am out of my tree drunk my god I hate it.
    It's extremely poor form to complain about or mock bad dancing, because the whole idea is to stop feeling self-conscious.
    Daemon and zorax like this.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Bad dancing should be mocked. I've seen drunk middle aged men do things at North Indian weddings that made me want to stab my eyes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Bad dancing should be mocked. I've seen drunk middle aged men do things at North Indian weddings that made me want to stab my eyes out.
    Do you mean holding each other hands and dancing?
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It's extremely poor form to complain about or mock bad dancing, because the whole idea is to stop feeling self-conscious.
    True. You do see it happen though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    That's your problem, not theirs.

I danced at my brother and sister's wedding just because if I didn't I would have had the whole night with people pestering me saying that I am not having fun. Instead because I knew maybe half a move that I repeated for hours on end, everyone else stopped having fun.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I danced at my brother and sister's wedding just because if I didn't I would have had the whole night with people pestering me saying that I am not having fun. Instead because I knew maybe half a move that I repeated for hours on end, everyone else stopped having fun.
    I hope they will be very happy together.
    Daemon and cpr like this.

If they were getting married to each other, me not dancing wouldn't have been that weird in the scheme of things tbf.

Depends on the dance.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!

classic

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    I used to really dislike dancing when I was young, because it was always portrayed to me as something kids and youngsters had to do in order to entertain older people. Kids performing in weddings for adults, in school events for parents and teachers, relatives making you dance in front of other relatives at social events. I was even put into dance classes as a kid and the end result was to perform this choreographed routine in a mall in front of hundreds of random strangers. It was always so weird, and always connected to performing for others, entertaining others, and I disliked it. I didn't want to forcefully be made to do something simply to entertain other people. It felt so silly too, all the dance moves they would teach us. Just copying these funny movements you see actors do in movies and such. Urgh.

As I've grown older, my views have changed. Partly because of drinking/party culture, where you see it as something kinda actually fun to do, but also because of being friends with several different dancers and learning from them, to the point where I can actually now appreciate it as an art form. I like watching it because it can be genuinely good. Quite a lot of athleticism and timing goes into it, and it can be very compelling. It's also often tied to the culture and history of a country, and it's one of those things like food, music and language where every culture has their own form of.

I've also started watching more contemporary/modern/interpretive dance performances, and it's a whole different world. Like, sometimes these dances are so far out there that I can't understand the meaning behind them, or the message they are conveying. It just looks like people dressed in strange clothes moving around in hard-to-follow patterns to weird 'music', and the whole performance just leaves me confused as to what I've just seen. Like very pretentious modern art where you're meant to know all these background details and have watched a bunch of other performances by these artists in order to grasp what's happening. It's like I'm missing chapters in the book. And sometimes they are meant to be deliberately vague, so you can put your own interpretation on it. Like what kind of bullshit is that. I'd like to be told what I'm watching please, I don't want to have to struggle to figure it out, or to watch something that can be whatever I want it to be.

And then sometimes I'll watch a performances and go 'huh, I kinda get what was happening there'. Something laid out more clearly for a moron like me, that's got some real good dancers and some sort of coherent narrative and not so subtle message, and those can be really entertaining. it will be like enjoying good quality dancing, as is, and then on top of that enjoying a good story. Like this:

So yea, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't mind dance as much as I once used to. I've actually wanted to learn a few forms of dance for quite a while myself, and maybe one day I'll get around to it. But I still find it weird to dance in parties or social events, unless i'm sufficiently drunk and my close friends are doing it as well.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    This is one of the greatest flaws of English culture IMO, and it's been exported around the world and even when they do dance it's not dancing. Needs to be rectified.
    So much this.

Boys, just shut the **** up and shake it.
    vogue and Anil like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    I used to really dislike dancing when I was young, because it was always portrayed to me as something kids and youngsters had to do in order to entertain older people. Kids performing in weddings for adults, in school events for parents and teachers, relatives making you dance in front of other relatives at social events. I was even put into dance classes as a kid and the end result was to perform this choreographed routine in a mall in front of hundreds of random strangers. It was always so weird, and always connected to performing for others, entertaining others, and I disliked it. I didn't want to forcefully be made to do something simply to entertain other people. It felt so silly too, all the dance moves they would teach us. Just copying these funny movements you see actors do in movies and such. Urgh.

As I've grown older, my views have changed. Partly because of drinking/party culture, where you see it as something kinda actually fun to do, but also because of being friends with several different dancers and learning from them, to the point where I can actually now appreciate it as an art form. I like watching it because it can be genuinely good. Quite a lot of athleticism and timing goes into it, and it can be very compelling. It's also often tied to the culture and history of a country, and it's one of those things like food, music and language where every culture has their own form of.

I've also started watching more contemporary/modern/interpretive dance performances, and it's a whole different world. Like, sometimes these dances are so far out there that I can't understand the meaning behind them, or the message they are conveying. It just looks like people dressed in strange clothes moving around in hard-to-follow patterns to weird 'music', and the whole performance just leaves me confused as to what I've just seen. Like very pretentious modern art where you're meant to know all these background details and have watched a bunch of other performances by these artists in order to grasp what's happening. It's like I'm missing chapters in the book. And sometimes they are meant to be deliberately vague, so you can put your own interpretation on it. Like what kind of bullshit is that. I'd like to be told what I'm watching please, I don't want to have to struggle to figure it out, or to watch something that can be whatever I want it to be.

And then sometimes I'll watch a performances and go 'huh, I kinda get what was happening there'. Something laid out more clearly for a moron like me, that's got some real good dancers and some sort of coherent narrative and not so subtle message, and those can be really entertaining. it will be like enjoying good quality dancing, as is, and then on top of that enjoying a good story. Like this:

So yea, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't mind dance as much as I once used to. I've actually wanted to learn a few forms of dance for quite a while myself, and maybe one day I'll get around to it. But I still find it weird to dance in parties or social events, unless i'm sufficiently drunk and my close friends are doing it as well.
    Ok
    zorax likes this.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post

lmao what the **** that's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Does anyone else really really dislike it?

(not counting the occasions on which you are really pissed)
    do you just hate dancing personally or as an art form (or both)?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information