cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: which christmas is best christmas?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • southern hemisphere christmas

11 44.00%
  • i am a savage who likes the northern hemisphere version

6 24.00%
  • imagine being stuck in hong kong with zorax eating 70 year old rice during christmas

8 32.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: SH Christmas vs NH Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    I don't believe it is a ''British'' thing. In fact I wouldn't even say Britain is the best place to have the ''ideal Christmas setting'', Scandinavia, Greenland being the more obvious choices. Britain for instance is not even guaranteed snow. Often it just rains.
    Where the "ideal" christmas would be is completely irrelevant to what I posted and I'm not sure how you got that from it.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 13-12-2018 at 11:50 PM.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Where the "ideal" christmas would be is completely irrelevant to what I posted and I'm not sure how you got that from it.
    You mentioned ''Brits'' for some odd reason. A ''quintessential northern hemisphere Christmas'' is just as liable to be found in Scandinavia, Canada and Germany than it is Britain - more so in fact.
    "It's (The 100) optimised short-form cricket
    Tom Harrison
    What we are doing here is future-proofing county cricket
    Tom Harrison.
    We want to make the game as simple as possible for them (mums and kids) to understand
    Andrew Strauss.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    You mentioned ''Brits'' for some odd reason. A ''quintessential northern hemisphere Christmas'' is just as liable to be found in Scandinavia, Canada and Germany than it is Britain - more so in fact.
    What? I mentioned Brits because I was talking about Brits in this thread acting like dickheads about weather for some reason. I did not address anything to do with any type of weather in regards to Christmas, or what my thoughts on the matter would be. Do you have reading comprehension problems?
    Shri likes this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Obviously. But what floats your boat?
    Haha winter is my favourite time of year, I like the gloom and that it gets dark early, so I guess the northern version would be my preference, not that I've ever experienced anything else

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Northern version, can't see how you can cook/eat a roast dinner in stupid heat. Can't beat a lovely early christmas day morning walk with your dog just as it getting light on a cool crisp day with nobody about. Couldn't get that in SH.
    S.Kennedy and vogue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha winter is my favourite time of year, I like the gloom and that it gets dark early, so I guess the northern version would be my preference, not that I've ever experienced anything else
    In general I much prefer the cold to the heat. I'm too fat for hot weather. But I really dislike it getting dark early, and much prefer the summertime here where it's light out until 8pm-ish. Not sure why I do though, as I'm very much a nightowl.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    There's something very comforting about the dark I find. Much more of an atmosphere to it as well I think.

I like the summer as well, but to less of an extent. The longer daylight hours tend to make me feel unsettled and anxious for some reason.

You tend to hear a lot about people getting the so-called "winter blues", whereas I honestly feel like I get the summer blues.

I think it's because during summers I tend to have to spend most of my time in towns/cities, and honestly on sunny days they are absolutely the last places in the world I would want to be. In fact they are the last places in the world I would want to be anyway, but still.
    Last edited by sledger; 14-12-2018 at 03:29 AM.

do you also have an intense urge to drink blood?

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    What? I mentioned Brits because I was talking about Brits in this thread acting like dickheads about weather for some reason. I did not address anything to do with any type of weather in regards to Christmas, or what my thoughts on the matter would be. Do you have reading comprehension problems?
    Hard to not discuss the weather in this conversation in fairness. It is essentially an argument about preference of weathers (at one specific time).

2011 and 2015 champ - find me in the Platinum Lounge -
    We had this discussion a few months back and I guess it just comes down to what you associate with xmas. For me itís cold weather and darkness, freezing my balls off at the match on Boxing Day, etc etc

I was in Philippines in December 2014, but back home for Xmas. However seeing the trees etc up, it didnít feel right to me in the warm weather. But again I accept thatís down to a lifetime of winter Christmases before that.

All that being said the best thing about Xmas is definitely the dinner. Iíd happily eat it in the summer but cooking it would be less fun.

Yes, football is also the Christmas sport (more specifically boxing day sport), not cricket which is June-August (unless you are the ECB in which case it is April and September), and I say that as not even a big football fan. It is the boxing day tradition to watch millionaires from exotic climes attempting to play football in sub-zero temperatures with gloves and those scientific body warmer things they wear.

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Yeah, there is no tradition at all regarding cricket on boxing day.
    You flew out to India
    When your country needed you
    Century on debut ,
    What a find.....

Na na na na na na na na na

Ali Ali Cook , Ali Cook , Ali Ali Cook

Na na na na na na na na na

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpy9JPZH3E

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Yeah, there is no tradition at all regarding cricket on boxing day.
    There isn't in England. Everyone watches football on boxing day.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    We had this discussion a few months back and I guess it just comes down to what you associate with xmas. For me itís cold weather and darkness, freezing my balls off at the match on Boxing Day, etc etc

I was in Philippines in December 2014, but back home for Xmas. However seeing the trees etc up, it didnít feel right to me in the warm weather. But again I accept thatís down to a lifetime of winter Christmases before that.

All that being said the best thing about Xmas is definitely the dinner. Iíd happily eat it in the summer but cooking it would be less fun.
    Happy new year GIMH!

Also Christmas is awful no matter the hemisphere.
    Victor Ian likes this.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Compete with us
    Smile with us
    Fight on with us
    Dream with us

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    There's something very comforting about the dark I find.
    Spoken like someone in no danger of stepping on something that might kill him tbh.
    Burgey likes this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information