Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Wrestling draft

Wrestling draft

Seems like we have a fair few wrestling fans on the forum, so I thought I'd throw this draft out there... yes, a wrestling draft.

The idea of this draft is for each participant to draft a pool of wrestlers to make up a PPV wrestling card. Effectively each player will be the owner of their own wrestling company in direct competition with everyone else. In total each player will draft 20 wrestlers (past or present, male or female) to join their company. After the draft stage has been completed everyone will present their 'card' for their upcoming PPV. The winner of the draft will be decided by a vote, voters will be encouraged to vote for the wrestling show they would most like to see.

- You may get as creative as you like with your card, this means you can have anything from multi-team TLC tag matches to bra & panties matches.

- Gimmick matches are limited to one of their type per PPV (this means you can't do things like stack your card with nothing but hell in a cell matches).

- Wrestlers whom underwent gimmick changes may have only one of their gimmicks chosen to represent them (eg: if someone selects Hulk Hogan, then this means all of Hogan's other gimmicks, such as Hollywood Hogan, are off limits).

- When selecting a wrestler, please be sure to specify who exactly you are choosing (eg: Undertaker, are we talking deadman 'taker or ABA 'taker?).

- If you wish, you may also put imaginary championship belts on the line for kayfabe purposes. However, I'll cap this at three belts. It's up to you what type belts you implement (eg: tag team, cruiserweight, hardcore, etc).

- Moreover, the number of matches featured on your card is not regulated.

- 8 hour time limits, draft orders decided by RNG.

Who wants to have a crack? Any questions please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by jimmy101; 31-08-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Oh yeah, definitely in. Sadly my internet access for the next two weeks is likely to be pretty patch though.
    jimmy101 likes this.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    In.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Sounds great. In.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Dan
    Will also be a little patchy, but in.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Dan
    Can we potentially have scope to treat recognised tag teams/trios as one pick, provided they do, in fact, stay as a tag team on the card?
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Can we potentially have scope to treat recognised tag teams/trios as one pick, provided they do, in fact, stay as a tag team on the card?
    I had been having a think about that. Might get a bit unwieldy of we let people choose more than 2 people per turn and they start drafting entire stables. What I will do is bump up the number of wrestlers per company to 24, but run the draft on an 18 round basis. Rounds 1 - 6 will be one wrestler per pick, rounds 7 - 12 will be two wrestlers per pick, and then the final six rounds will resort back to one wrestler per pick.
    zorax likes this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Could get a bit messy still. Plenty of legit teams are made up of guys who are awesome as singles (e.g. the Golden Lovers)
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Dan
    Your draft, your rules obvs -- happy with whatever you decide.

What if you could treat a tag team as an entity, so they only count as a single pick, and one slot of the 20? Limit is it's only tag teams (so no drafting entire stables), and they must stay together.

There'd obviously need to be some degree of policing on what counts as a legitimate tag team, though. Can refer to them by a collective name?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Could get a bit messy still. Plenty of legit teams are made up of guys who are awesome as singles (e.g. the Golden Lovers)
    A fair point, this. The trade off you make to get both is that you can't have awesome Omega and Ibushi singles matches, I suppose.
    Last edited by Dan; 31-08-2018 at 06:49 AM.

I guess I'd be in but there's be no real point to it, I imagine I'll be picking people no one else would even try to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Your draft, your rules obvs -- happy with whatever you decide.

What if you could treat a tag team as an entity, so they only count as a single pick, and one slot of the 20? Limit is it's only tag teams (so no drafting entire stables), and they must stay together.

There'd obviously need to be some degree of policing on what counts as a legitimate tag team, though. Can refer to them by a collective name?

A fair point, this. The trade off you make to get both is that you can't have awesome Omega and Ibushi singles matches, I suppose.
    I like the logic behind these ideas, however, it could still get a bit hectic if someone does something like drafting the entire nWo Wolfpac at once, or an entire Survivor Series team, as you could argue technically they all tagged together. I feel the method I proposed earlier might allow people flexibility with their picks, they don't necessarily need to draft tag teams and can still use their double picks to draft singles wrestlers. Six or eight man-tags are still a possibility & will require tactics to attain. Plus it makes it so everyone ends up with an equal amount of wrestlers at the end, and it should be fascinating to see how the cards differ.

As sledger said, some legendary tag teams could end up getting broken up. If it happens I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. After all, most great cricketing partnerships (Hobbs/Sutcliffe) end up getting split apart in drafts all the time. 9 out of 10 tag teams end up having a break up feud anyway.
    Last edited by jimmy101; 31-08-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Go on then

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Do we pick commentary team/managers?
    zorax likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    I can see myself managing a roster..

Shades of Smackdown v RAW 06

I'm in

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    I just wanna judge everyone else
    zorax likes this.