Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Wrestling draft

I'll join but will just pick old favourites

I already know my main event and I'd bet good money that no one will steal either guy.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I already know my main event and I'd bet good money that no one will steal either guy.
    I'm going to dig through various AJPW and NOAH rosters just in the hope of screwing up half of one of your opening matches.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm going to dig through various AJPW and NOAH rosters just in the hope of screwing up half of one of your opening matches.
    Good luck buddy.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Do we pick commentary team/managers?
    Not a bad idea. Perhaps we could have a couple of bonus rounds at the end where people choose commentators, valets & special guest referees.

Someday night wars:

jimmy101
    sledger
    Pratters
    OverratedSanity
    Dan
    dontcloseyoureyes
    GIMH
    SillyCowCorner1
    Marcuss

So we have nine major territories so far. I'll let this float around for a little while longer to see if anyone else wants to join up.
    Athlai likes this.

Righto, may as well get started here. The draft will operate on an 18 round basis.

Rounds 1 - 6 (one wrestler per pick).

Rounds 7 - 12 (two wrestlers per pick)

Rounds 13 - 18 (one wrestler and one non-wrestler per pick)
    In the final six rounds, everyone will have a chance to draft a non-wrestler along with a regular wrestler per pick. This will give everyone a chance to draft people like commentators, valets, managers or guest referees. There is no limit on how many different types of non-wrestler personalities you can draft, however, non-wrestlers can not participate any matches on the card, apart from being a referee or ring accomplice. This will give everyone a total of 24 wrestlers and six non-wrestlers.

Round 1 (one wrestler per pick)

Overrated Sanity
    Pratters
    Marcuss
    Dan
    GIMH
    sledger
    jimmy101
    dontcloseyoureyes
    SillyCowCorner1

Round 2

SillyCowCorner1
    dontcloseyoureyes
    jimmy101
    sledger
    GIMH
    Dan
    Marcuss
    Pratters
    OverratedSanity

Draft is now live. 8 hours per pick. Anyone else who wants to join can still do so.
    zorax likes this.

With the drafting two wrestlers thing, do they have to be a tag team? If so, can I decline to pick and pick singles wrestlers?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    If someone picks Cactus Jack, does that mean no one can pick another Mick Foley character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

With the drafting two wrestlers thing, do they have to be a tag team? If so, can I decline to pick and pick singles wrestlers?
    No they don't have to be a tag team, in fact you don't have to feature any tag matches on your card at all if you don't want to. You can by all means use the double picks for singles wrestlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If someone picks Cactus Jack, does that mean no one can pick another Mick Foley character?
    Exactly. Same goes for, say, Kane. If he gets chosen, then characters like fake Diesel & Issac Yankem are off limits.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

There goes the Kevin Nash v Diesel v Fake Diesel dream match
    jimmy101 and OverratedSanity like this.

Nash would have never put those guys over in a million years.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    I'm not in because I'm really terrible at remembering to participate, and so will instead offer this unsolicited critique

I guess I'd be in but there's be no real point to it, I imagine I'll be picking people no one else would even try to pick.
    I agree, I think you need to limit the pool of options to then force some competition between the drafters. Now, I'm not sure how you would do that. If you go with the top 100 or 200 wrestlers on cagematch, you run into a work rate issue where Nigel McGuinness is on there but noted racist Hulk Hogan isn't. If you go with a Hall of Fame, either WWE or the Wrestling Observer, you remove modern day wrestlers.

I almost think you need to do a ballot to establish the pool of wrestlers, and then the draft itself. That runs into a time length issue, but I think would add the required competition element. And let's say, for example's sake, we have 10 people picking 10 times, you could have a pool of 150 wrestlers, randomly divided into 10 brackets of 15. So each draft round has a bracket of 15 wrestlers available for drafting in that round, and you do your picks, and you move onto the next bracket and round. the undrafted wrestlers in each round are deleted.

In terms of the ballot, say you want 150 wrestlers for the pool, you could openly select the first 75 to 100 or so, the obvious names you know, and then each participant could email a ballot of 5 names to jimmy101 (this ballot could then be made public), and then if we still need to get to 150 names, jimmy101 could just fill in the rest with his own selections (or randomly fill the remaining gaps)

that way you can really **** dcye over by taking the guy you think he's taking

anyway I've said too much im going now
    Last edited by Spikey; 01-09-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I'm not in because I'm really terrible at remembering to participate, and so will instead offer this unsolicited critique

I agree, I think you need to limit the pool of options to then force some competition between the drafters. Now, I'm not sure how you would do that. If you go with the top 100 or 200 wrestlers on cagematch, you run into a work rate issue where Nigel McGuinness is on there but noted racist Hulk Hogan isn't. If you go with a Hall of Fame, either WWE or the Wrestling Observer, you remove modern day wrestlers.

I almost think you need to do a ballot to establish the pool of wrestlers, and then the draft itself. That runs into a time length issue, but I think would add the required competition element. And let's say, for example's sake, we have to 10 people picking 10 times, you could have a pool of 150 wrestlers, divided into 10 brackets of 15. So each draft round has a bracket of 15 wrestlers available for drafting in that round, and you do your picks, and you move onto the next bracket and round. the undrafted wrestlers in each round are deleted.

In terms of the ballot, say you want 150 wrestlers for the pool, you could openly select the first 75 to 100 or so, the obvious names you know, and then each participant could email a ballot of 5 names to jimmy101, and then if we still need to get to 150 names, jimmy101 could just fill in the rest with his own selections (or randomly fill the remaining gaps)

anyway I've said too much im going now
    Way to overthink it Spikey.
    zorax likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i would also have a Macho Man Memorial Round, where the only people in that round's ballot are dead wrestlers. This hopefully somehow sparks Jono's return to cricketweb

(Jono did not know Macho Man Randy Savage had died)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    If you go with a Hall of Fame, either WWE or the Wrestling Observer, you remove modern day wrestlers.
    You also limit yourself to like 75% bad wrestling.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information