Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Nationalistic dickwaving moved from Cricket Chat

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Next generation will be different as tens of thousands of kids play it as Mums don’t want little Johnny to get hurt
    I don't think so tbh. AFL is probably the best option and why its popularity is exploding with kids here
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Hall of Fame Member TheJediBrah's Avatar
    It's hard to imagine too many children actively choosing to play Soccer when AFL is available.

It would be like being given the choice between a nice steak dinner and a painful castration and choosing the latter.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    It's hard to imagine too many children actively choosing to play Soccer when AFL is available.

It would be like being given the choice between a nice steak dinner and a painful castration and choosing the latter.
    No.
    Ausage likes this.

Always lol at the ‘football is a terrible sport’ nonsense.

In other news I just read through this whole thread, it was an experience

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...

Are you ****ing serious?? Do you even live in this country?
    You flew out to India
    When your country needed you
    Century on debut ,
    What a find.....

Na na na na na na na na na

Ali Ali Cook , Ali Cook , Ali Ali Cook

Na na na na na na na na na

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpy9JPZH3E

International Regular Victor Ian's Avatar
    I'm going to speak at risk of handing in my Aussie card. Soccer is awesome. It has the same bitter sweet aspect as cricket. Lots of great efforts for no reward. Lots of shot that wins games. Lots of agony over how a bad umpire call can change a game. AFL has turned to shut and ARL was always ****. Time for the real football to take over. If our best talent started playing football instead of 'football's we'd be beating England and nothing would feel better.

When I was a kid, I played whatever sport was in vogue, obviously all my heroes growing up were AFL and cricket players, but I went through a massive soccer phase around 2006 when the socceroos made it to the round of 16, so I personally think it has a lot to do with media coverage of sport and how that produces 'heroes' and role models to follow.

By my mid teens I stopped playing AFL because I disliked the culture and all of my friends began playing soccer

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Is Aussies Rules or whatever it is called even popular in the whole of Australia? I once read that they far prefer Rugby in Queensland and New South Wales.
    "It's (The 100) optimised short-form cricket
    Tom Harrison
    What we are doing here is future-proofing county cricket
    Tom Harrison.
    We want to make the game as simple as possible for them (mums and kids) to understand
    Andrew Strauss.

International Regular Victor Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    Is Aussies Rules or whatever it is called even popular in the whole of Australia? I once read that they far prefer Rugby in Queensland and New South Wales.
    Yeah, this is Australia's problem in Rugby too. As your brain cells diminish with more sun you tend to like thuggery. The cultured Australians play AFL. There is a great divide North and South in footy codes. While AFL has teams in Queensland and New South Wales it is not played (pretty much) locally there, and we don't play Rugby down south. We have an ARL team in Melbourne that regularly takes the Northerners Grand Final, but, the final aside, most of us don't give a **** about it. Soccer is an even worse state in both halves.

Soccer is on a slow burner here. One day, we will magically produce a couple of really good players who will take us into the real part of the world cup and it will ignite a lot more support. AFL is doing it's best to be a complete bore fest lately, ever since they discovered a good defence beats a good attack and that a better defence beats a good defence. Most games have become quite horrible to watch. Soccer will gain more fans each world cup as AFL gets worse.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    Yeah, this is Australia's problem in Rugby too. As your brain cells diminish with more sun you tend to like thuggery. The cultured Australians play AFL. There is a great divide North and South in footy codes. While AFL has teams in Queensland and New South Wales it is not played (pretty much) locally there, and we don't play Rugby down south. We have an ARL team in Melbourne that regularly takes the Northerners Grand Final, but, the final aside, most of us don't give a **** about it. Soccer is an even worse state in both halves.

Soccer is on a slow burner here. One day, we will magically produce a couple of really good players who will take us into the real part of the world cup and it will ignite a lot more support. AFL is doing it's best to be a complete bore fest lately, ever since they discovered a good defence beats a good attack and that a better defence beats a good defence. Most games have become quite horrible to watch. Soccer will gain more fans each world cup as AFL gets worse.
    smalishah84, Ausage, Gnske and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Next generation will be different as tens of thousands of kids play it as Mums don’t want little Johnny to get hurt
    People were saying that when I was a kid (long time ago ftr). And I say that as someone who played Soccer because his Mum wouldn't let him play League for that exact reason.

Also the debate about what it's called is so zzzzzzz.
    zorax likes this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Are you ****ing serious?? Do you even live in this country?
    I often ask this question when Southerners comment on sport.

Did you interact with any of the right sort of c**ts in high school?

Cricketer Of The Year SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Are concussions a frequent thing in AFL? As in the NFL?

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    rugby union is better than football (only kitten torturers and americans say soccer), league and the pretend NFL thing some parts of australia play. it would be hard to ascertain this from watching the australian and english national rugby sides, but it is true.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information