Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Avengers Infinity War (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    $630 million global opening which utterly destroys the previous highest of $540 (Fate of the Furious) and China doesn't even open till May 11. This could be the highest grossing movie of all time.
    Jayzus, that’s about as much as Justice League made in its entire run.
    Shri and OverratedSanity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    A bit of a pace floozy (but a wise floozy).

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Tobias Funke was apparently in one of the Collector's cages.
    I was wondering why Arrested Development character credit thanks was in the credits. Missed that entirely in the film itself.
    Shri likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    really enjoyed it, especially the ending...
    Yep, really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Cricket Champion!
    Have a feeling the reason Dr Strange gave the stone to save Tony was because that was what one of the alternate futures demanded. We getting some folks back but probably not those before the snap. There is no way they're killing off Black Panther and the new Spiderman.

Also, I feel they went Game of Thrones-ish on this one because when half the cast dies **** just goes to another level.

Anyway, I'm going again
    Last edited by Ikki; 30-04-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Shri likes this.
    ★★★★★

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I really have to stop watching these movies. My wife likes them, so I go. Really, the only superhero movie that I've ever actually enjoyed was Logan. It's all pointless deaths. In the sequel, someone will say some mumbo jumbo with the time infinity stone and everyone who is dead will be back to life in time for their solo sequels. There are absolutely no stakes, because no one will actually die.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 30-04-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Ausage likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

it's a comic book story man...of course the heroes will never die (even the villains keep coming back from the dead)...a little "depth" goes a long way for fans...

I think Loki, Vision, Heimdall and to a certain extent Gamorra (I think she will still play a part as the soul stone, inner thoughts with Thanos) are dead forever. The movies so far seem to be far more willing to permanently kill characters than the comics.

They'll all get rebooted by 2030 so it doesn't matter.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    it's a comic book story man...of course the heroes will never die (even the villains keep coming back from the dead)...a little "depth" goes a long way for fans...
    Totally. That's why I said I don't think the movies are for me. Logan was a great movie (IMO) because the stakes felt real, and there was emotional weight. Anyway, who am I kidding, my wife is going to make me keep going to these anyway.

I think Loki, Vision, Heimdall and to a certain extent Gamorra (I think she will still play a part as the soul stone, inner thoughts with Thanos) are dead forever. The movies so far seem to be far more willing to permanently kill characters than the comics.

They'll all get rebooted by 2030 so it doesn't matter.
    isn't gamorra a critical member of the guardians if not for anything else, as star-lord's love interest? or will she be replaced by nebula or mantis in the next guardians movie? it won't be the same, i thought some trick with the soul stone (maybe throw it back off the cliff at vormir and she will be reborn or something) will bring her back...maybe not...

isn't gamorra a critical member of the guardians if not for anything else, as star-lord's love interest? or will she be replaced by nebula or mantis in the next guardians movie? it won't be the same, i thought some trick with the soul stone (maybe throw it back off the cliff at vormir and she will be reborn or something) will bring her back...maybe not...
    The Guardians of the Galaxy comic group has never really resembled what the movies are, so really I've got no clue. Could bring in someone completely new, could use Nebula. Maybe Gamorra will be saved somehow, or maybe the writers wanted that to be a final death with weight, or Saldana may have wanted to walk. Hard to say. It's why I'm still confident Iron Man/Cap/Thor die or are permanently retired next movie. The salaries will be out of control, may as well use the characters as well as possible and let them have their final hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I really have to stop watching these movies. My wife likes them, so I go. Really, the only superhero movie that I've ever actually enjoyed was Logan. It's all pointless deaths. In the sequel, someone will say some mumbo jumbo with the time infinity stone and everyone who is dead will be back to life in time for their solo sequels. There are absolutely no stakes, because no one will actually die.
    You didn't like the Dark Knight?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Also on Monday, the Avengers‘ assembled worldwide gross passed the lifetimes of Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($714M), Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($709M), Doctor Strange ($678M), Man Of Steel ($668M), Justice League ($658M) and Thor: The Dark World ($645M). Over the weekend, it had already exceeded the entire runs of Iron Man 2, Logan, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk.

?Avengers: Infinity War? Zooms To $726M Global Box Office; $443M Overseas | Deadline

The Guardians of the Galaxy comic group has never really resembled what the movies are, so really I've got no clue. Could bring in someone completely new, could use Nebula. Maybe Gamorra will be saved somehow, or maybe the writers wanted that to be a final death with weight, or Saldana may have wanted to walk. Hard to say. It's why I'm still confident Iron Man/Cap/Thor die or are permanently retired next movie. The salaries will be out of control, may as well use the characters as well as possible and let them have their final hurrah.
    I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Thor sticks around for a bit longer. His character basically got a complete rewrite in Ragnarok that was very well received (both critically and financially).

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Thor sticks around for a bit longer. His character basically got a complete rewrite in Ragnarok that was very well received (both critically and financially).
    Thor is actually probably the most interesting character right now, he appears to be the most powerful hero we've ever seen.

Thor feats:

Survived a spaceship explosion and being cast into space for X hours/days
    Survived being hit with a star for 20 seconds
    Was given an axe seemingly more powerful than Mjlonir
    Struck a killing blow to Thanos

His character has also lost everything, his realm was destroyed, his father is dead, his mother is dead, his brother is dead, half of the handful of Asgardians that still existed are dead (and then half again now). Hes basically on a big fatal crash course with Thanos IMO.

Wasn't Evans actually only contracted on until this movie, and they decided to do one more when they split IW into two?
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information