cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Leading New Age thinker converts to Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    What gives any religion credit? The number of people or type of people who belong to it? Or is it the discriminatory beliefs of those religions.
    Good question. I guess the way people thought in the past involved more emotions than rationality, so if any person in the power of a religion could channel those emotions to his/her advantage, that religion became more powerful.
    Last edited by Kirkut; 11-01-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    I guess the way people thought in the past involved more emotions than rationality
    whew good job that's in the past
    In the eye of the hurricane there is quiet
    For just a moment
    A yellow sky

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Woman who was into tarot cards and angel cards converts to Christianity...is this supposed to bring more or less credibility to that particular religion?
    well christ came to her in a dream, what more do you need from a credibility standpoint? also i am thinking if one can combine all the positives of astrology/fortune-telling with that of christianity, we can come up with a dynamite new hybrid religion...it is already a part of hinduism and i can see how beneficial it has been...

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    well christ came to her in a dream, what more do you need from a credibility standpoint? also i am thinking if one can combine all the positives of astrology/fortune-telling with that of christianity, we can come up with a dynamite new hybrid religion...it is already a part of hinduism and i can see how beneficial it has been...
    If ever there was a phrase that was one prepositional error away from disaster, it was this one. Mary Magdalene made a similar claim, except in her case the error was using 'to'.
    Smudge, Anil and vcs like this.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

International Captain
    There is already gnostic christianity Anil,in this day an age which allows such things.
    But have met ppl using the argument of such and its a backdoor to the church.
    She has chosen to go in the front door.

Very much dispel the gospels of Mary of Son of Coco,we don't know who wrote those books.And we know who wrote which parts of the New Testament.And if you are referring to French conspiracies of the Holy Grail,included in that awful book,then I wouldn't be writing off a religion based on what is a 20th century novelist says.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Lets not make this too easy by talking about churches and back doors.
    Daemon and Smudge like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

International Captain
    Back Door is a common term for christians looking for an excuse to leave the church as a whole.
    While revolving door churches have a high turnover.Doesn't matter if they are big or small.
    Last edited by brockley; 11-01-2018 at 10:32 PM.

International Debutant Victor Ian's Avatar
    So you insist on making this easy for shri

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    There is already gnostic christianity Anil,in this day an age which allows such things.
    But have met ppl using the argument of such and its a backdoor to the church.
    She has chosen to go in the front door.

Very much dispel the gospels of Mary of Son of Coco,we don't know who wrote those books.And we know who wrote which parts of the New Testament.And if you are referring to French conspiracies of the Holy Grail,included in that awful book,then I wouldn't be writing off a religion based on what is a 20th century novelist says.
    I'm a faithful follower of the gospels of Mary of Son of Coco myself.
    Anil likes this.

International Captain
    So you are a Gnostic Christian?

International Captain
    BTW the Knights Templers were Gnostic Christians,they were given over to buggery.

International Captain

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Very much dispel the gospels of Mary of Son of Coco,we don't know who wrote those books.And we know who wrote which parts of the New Testament.
    You do realise that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John didn't write the gospels? They are all author unknown.

in fact, we know as much about the Mary gospel as we do the other ones, which is little.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Captain
    Got a point there.
    Maybe they left notes behind.
    Most the new testament St Paul and 2 a lesser degree St John and St Peter.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    You do realise that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John didn't write the gospels? They are all author unknown.

in fact, we know as much about the Mary gospel as we do the other ones, which is little.
    None of the gospels had the writers' names on them initially, but we have the early church fathers and internal evidence as support. If Mark and Luke hadn't written their books it would have made more sense to have ascribed them to members of the 12 to impress others.

The Johnanine authorship of the gospel of John as well as the letters 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and Revelation is pretty much settled amongst any respected scholars. His gospel refers to the disciple who Jesus loved (John) as opposed to giving his name. Likewise the literary style and thematic ideas show a connection with his epistles.

Luke wrote the gospel and the book of Acts. He travelled with Paul in Acts, but didn't appear in the gospels. Of those the synoptics drew from Q, and emphasised different things for their audience (Gentile readers, Jewish background readers etc.), but there is no reason to think that anyone other than the four mentioned wrote the gospels.

Regarding this ex-New Agers' conversion, many people are converting to Christianity following dreams and visions of Jesus.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information