cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: University suggestions

University suggestions

Please suggest me some universities in UK where I should apply and please keep in mind that only one of them should be be Russell Group while others maybe low case unis

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    What kind of grades are we dealing with?
    I got a new heart, got a new heart, got a new artificial heart

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Might want to first address the problem of a clearly broken search engine.
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    What kind of grades are we dealing with?
    ABBBCCDE in GCSE O levels. B and E in English and Maths

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Have heard plenty of good things about this uni. Quite famous in the UK (Bristol in particular).
    vcs and zorax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    ABBBCCDE in GCSE O levels. B and E in English and Maths
    E in O Level Maths. I haven't heard of anyone scoring that low. Honestly didn't even know it was possible. Like, I've taken O Level Maths. It would to take an exceptional amount of effort to score below a D. You deliberately have to be answering things wrong, even the weakest effort at studying the material and just putting in a half assed effort wouldn't score that low. And if you're able to score As and Bs in other subjects you clearly are mentally challenged in any way that would make such a grade acceptable.

Maybe learn to do basic division first before you apply for uni? I am now actually very curious to see what uni would accept a student with an E in Maths...
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    That's a bit mean zorax. I think you should tone down that post.

I didn't know you could apply to uni with O levels though, I thought A levels are required?

I am pretty bad in maths and I have consulted unis about it and they said they don't require Math high grade in the course which I will do.I am in A2 right now

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Might want to first address the problem of a clearly broken search engine.

Was going to suggest addressing the problem of not asking a favour like its an homework assignment, and the other problem of not actually giving us any information to base the answer on - for example, what course you want to do would be a great start. Also an idea of predicted A Level/equiv grades would help, as things jump massively between GCSE and A Level (I went from A* to E in maths between the two, though most of that was down to not actually giving a **** anymore - cheers unconditional uni offer!)

I dont get the Russell Group thing, why is that important?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    That's a bit mean zorax. I think you should tone down that post.

I didn't know you could apply to uni with O levels though, I thought A levels are required?
    Yea perhaps. It just strikes me as a huge red flag.

Anyone who has done it will tell you that it's literally not possible to be that bad at O Level Maths whilst simultaneously being able to score As and Bs in other subjects. It has to be some sort of conscious determined effort to not even learn the basic concepts, and to decide beforehand that you don't like the subject and don't even want to try in it. You must literally be going into exams with 0 intention of even attempting to try to score any marks. No revision, leaving questions blank, walking out in 20 minutes. That kind of ****. Anyone with any sort of standard functional intelligence can score a C in it. Especially someone capable of As and Bs. It's really that easy.

It just strikes me as a sign of the student being ridiculously stubborn, closed minded and unwilling to learn when I see that.

But yea what do I know, maybe Firebreaker is actually just ridiculously bad at math or has ****** teachers or smth.

cpr
    I know enough people who scored D's and E's on their Maths GCSE to make me revisit my opinion on that. I used to think the same, but seriously some people just can't get it.

I had a colleague with a degree in languages (think she did German and Russian), who scraped a D at GCSE Maths, I found it as difficult to comprehend how she couldn't do basic multiplication as she found it difficult to comprehend that I couldn't tell you what a verb and a noun are....
    zorax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    what course you want to do would be a great start. Also an idea of predicted A Level/equiv grades would help,
    yeah that was what i meant. I've done plenty of ucas stuff and gcse grades don't matter besides having your maths and english at level 2 (C or above)

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    I dont get the Russell Group thing, why is that important?
    A group of 20 UK unis that are widely seen as the best as they have a bigger focus on academia. Includes Oxbridge but also the more famous redbricks like Warwick, UCL, Durham, Nottingham. Usually harder to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Yea perhaps. It just strikes me as a huge red flag.

Anyone who has done it will tell you that it's literally not possible to be that bad at O Level Maths whilst simultaneously being able to score As and Bs in other subjects. It has to be some sort of conscious determined effort to not even learn the basic concepts, and to decide beforehand that you don't like the subject and don't even want to try in it. You must literally be going into exams with 0 intention of even attempting to try to score any marks. No revision, leaving questions blank, walking out in 20 minutes. That kind of ****. Anyone with any sort of standard functional intelligence can score a C in it. Especially someone capable of As and Bs. It's really that easy.

It just strikes me as a sign of the student being ridiculously stubborn, closed minded and unwilling to learn when I see that.

But yea what do I know, maybe Firebreaker is actually just ridiculously bad at math or has ****** teachers or smth.
    You really, really do not know what you're talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    You really, really do not know what you're talking about here.
    I've seen GCSE Grading schemes. You get marks simply for writing down the formulas required to solve the question, and marks for attempting the subsequent steps

There are plenty of questions on the paper, with plenty of free marks on offer as a result.

Idk, it just strikes me as really hard to score an E if you just simply try.

Do you encounter several kids form whom their best attempts at GCSE maths would result in an E?

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    E in O Level Maths. I haven't heard of anyone scoring that low. Honestly didn't even know it was possible. Like, I've taken O Level Maths. It would to take an exceptional amount of effort to score below a D. You deliberately have to be answering things wrong, even the weakest effort at studying the material and just putting in a half assed effort wouldn't score that low. And if you're able to score As and Bs in other subjects you clearly are mentally challenged in any way that would make such a grade acceptable.

Maybe learn to do basic division first before you apply for uni? I am now actually very curious to see what uni would accept a student with an E in Maths...
    Extremely unpleasant post Zorax. Maybe he does have genuine disability with numbers or something.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information