cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: The Last Jedi

a parallel universe where Andrew Hilditch was a good chairman of selectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    They had two great opportunities to kill her off and didn't take them, was pretty surprised
    Yeah. Even if they kept the SuperLeia rubbish she could have done Dern's Kirk suicide to save the team meme and it would also have been a super heroic finish. I understand why they wouldn't want to make a change, but it really did miss a great opportunity to end that character's story really well.

There should have been a scene where Luke tries to murder Dern and her family in their sleep.

I knew Hamill had major grievances with the character direction, but I had no idea it would be like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    I think that they’ll perhaps do a Dumbledore and just pick a new actor to keep the character going.
    I think they'll rogue one it and just digitally have her
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    There should have been a scene where Luke tries to murder Dern and her family in their sleep.

I knew Hamill had major grievances with the character direction, but I had no idea it would be like this.
    I sort of dug it. Luke was always impulsive and a bit **** at being a calm jedi master. Him freaking out and causing all this **** to happen feels decent. The extended universe books made him an infallible God. He's really just a dirt farmer with a few weeks training
    Prince EWS and NZTailender like this.

I think they'll rogue one it and just digitally have her
    I thought they'd ruled that out too. I actually have no idea what they're going to do.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Didn't love that. Boy was it long. The sojourn to the 1%er planet absolutely bored me shitless, and the fact that it was totally unnecessary to the wider plot makes it all the worse. That entire segment of the film should've been cut - though on the other hand if it had we never would've had another chance to see the ever-relevant Captain Phasma make her triumphant return.

The Luke and Rey stuff was mostly good, but yeah Luke jumping straight to killing his angsty teenage nephew despite having previously taken the MLK approach to his mass murdering dad rang extremely false. I also could've done with spending less time on Luke milking space manatees in order to show more of how he was affected by Han's death. The return of yoda was just about perfect though. Generally liked Kylo as well and most of the final act.

Definite step down from TFA, and I'm mildly surprised to say that I'm eagerly awaiting JJ's return
    Nate and NotMcKenzie like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

anyone that doesn’t want to see Luke milking a space manatee is wrong
    adub and _Ed_ like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Was alright but not as good as I hoped it would be.

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Awful. Hated it.
    He (Alastair Cook) and his family are very much the sort of people we want the England captain and his family to be
    Giles Clark
    What we are doing here is future-proofing county cricket
    Tom Harrison.
    We want to make the game as simple as possible for them (mums and kids) to understand
    Andrew Strauss.

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Surprised by the negativity. Best Star Wars film.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    It’s once again a deliberate mirror image and diversion from the original trilogy. In the first, there was a big ominous emperor, and a scary underling. Here it moved the opposite way, instead of Vader telling Luke about their secret intimate relationship, you have Kylo telling Rey her parents were nobodies. Instead of an ominous emperor sitting behind Vader and being the big thing to overcome, Kylo is able to overcome him. Instead of Vader becoming more redeemable as the films go along, Kylo becomes less.

There’s also a big theme of nobodies, (the bomber at the start, the random purple haired admiral, the kids, Rey, Rose in general) being the real heroes, which is sort of the opposite of the original trilogy where the Skywalkers were front and centre. I think Snoke sort of parallels that as well, it’s all to subvert expectations.
    This is what I enjoyed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Surprised by the negativity. Best Star Wars film.
    If you've been smoking for 60 years resulting in having no taste buds left and enjoy truly decadent things this may just be true.

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    It might actually be worse than Attack of the Clones.

It was an ok movie. I don't like Kylo Ren as a character. I don't understand him or his motives. He's just a dick for the sake of being a dick.

I was hoping for more info about Snoke. Like how does he know so much about the Force and is so powerful. Vader and Sidious were the last of the Sith. So where does he fit in.

I didn't know going in that they were keeping all of Fisher's scenes. Kept thinking - "oh, so that's how they're ending it." Could have ended her arc a number of ways.

Really didn't like Luke's character arc either. He was much more wiser at the end ROJ than here. The fast that he still needed guidance from Yoda at such an old age bothered me.

And I'm sick and tired of this whole rebel vs Empire thing. The newer generation shouldn't still be fighting of what is essentially the same war the old crew were.

Cricket Web Staff Member MW1304's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Conflicted on this one. Bits that I loved and bits that fell really flat.

Is Snoke the worst villain in the whole of Star Wars? Somehow even worse than General Grievous and other assorted prequel nothings? He was characterised totally differently to the first film, had a couple of the most cliched villain scenes imaginable, then got killed off like an absolute chump.

Star Wars just really isn't worth the investment pop culture places on it. It's had its day and I wish they could just retire the series with a neatly executed Episode 9.

Kylo and Rey is good stuff though. All the best stuff in both films has revolved around them.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information