cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: The Last Jedi

Dude. I need to get out of Seattle this weekend. This chick is all over my junk and I've got to get away
    A pity Luke didn't try killing Snoke, Rose, Rey and everyone else in their sleep tbqh.

Tbh, Rose is just product placement for a particular market and Snoke would have been somebody if everyone didn't guess it immediately.

a parallel universe where Andrew Hilditch was a good chairman of selectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it though. It’s certainly keeping me guessing which is surprising. Will Kylo be redeemed in the third film? At this stage I’d guess probably not.
    Yeah get all that, but like you said, I don't know how I feel about it. That was exactly what I was thinking walking out. Enjoyed the spectacle, loved the playing with tropes etc. The big handover of the lightsaber was fantastic. But just didn't know what to think about the film as a whole. Whereas I walked out of Rogue One thinking "**** yeah" that's the best thing since Empire.

And that's not a bad thing I suppose. Walking out of Force Awakens I was just 'come on, did you have be so obviously rehashing ep4? So yeah lots to love and just still a day and half later thinking about it is surely a good thing.

But I still don't know how I feel about it.
    Nate likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    It was good in its own way, but rogue one was better. Kylo is a great character though, and so is Rey, and Finn
    Nate and _Ed_ like this.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    Or what? Yoda will come to my house and do his brownshirt impression when he burns all my books?
    Worse...he will bore you to death with profound grammatically incorrect statements!

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    Worse...he will bore you to death with profound grammatically incorrect statements!
    He'll make you read battle threads?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

cpr
    So yeah, it was an alright film. Dare say it was pretty good, but there was a lot of bits that annoyed me. Floating through the vacuum of space being one. Agree with the Disneyfied comments a little, otherwise porgs wouldnt be in every goddam shot. At least ewoks fought ffs.

Still, despite playing up the laughs a little too much (though we adults tend to forget its a family film and not aimed at complete nerds like us), I enjoyed it. Think Hamill gave an awesome turn, though I'm not a fan of Rey - not sure if its the acting or the writing thats throwing me, just don't think her dialogue comes out as well as the others.
    vogue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    So yeah, it was an alright film. Dare say it was pretty good, but there was a lot of bits that annoyed me. Floating through the vacuum of space being one. Agree with the Disneyfied comments a little, otherwise porgs wouldnt be in every goddam shot. At least ewoks fought ffs.

Still, despite playing up the laughs a little too much (though we adults tend to forget its a family film and not aimed at complete nerds like us), I enjoyed it. Think Hamill gave an awesome turn, though I'm not a fan of Rey - not sure if its the acting or the writing thats throwing me, just don't think her dialogue comes out as well as the others.
    Hahaha that moment was so silly. I'd forgotten about that.

My biggest beef really was that running length. It's a loooong movie and set piece fatigue will be a thing for a lot of people.
    Last edited by Spark; 14-12-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Banned
    I really liked the movie as I cared about the characters for a change. Easily the best Star Wars since Return of the Jedi IMO.

a parallel universe where Andrew Hilditch was a good chairman of selectors
    Oh for sure the super Leia thing was awful. It would have been a great end in the context for her to bow out then and there. Real shock, Kylo having just found he couldn't push the button. Might have taken some extensive re-shoots to take her out of the rest of the film, but she didn't add a lot from then on and well leaving her alive of the three original characters is a bit naff now that Carrie has passed.

Yeah I thought "oh, so that's how they're gonna handle it" but nope. I did hear they decided not to make any changes to the film though to try and account for the fact that she wouldn't be able to appear in IX as planned, but that was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    He'll make you read battle threads?
    of course not, no one can be that cruel!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah I thought "oh, so that's how they're gonna handle it" but nope. I did hear they decided not to make any changes to the film though to try and account for the fact that she wouldn't be able to appear in IX as planned, but that was weird.
    They had two great opportunities to kill her off and didn't take them, was pretty surprised

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Purple haired Admiral = Laua Dern?

She could park her space slippers under my bed any time she liked.
    flibbertyjibber likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    They had two great opportunities to kill her off and didn't take them, was pretty surprised
    I think that they’ll perhaps do a Dumbledore and just pick a new actor to keep the character going.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Purple haired Admiral = Laua Dern?

She could park her space slippers under my bed any time she liked.
    And presumably ram your Dreadnaught heavy cruiser at lightspeed....

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information