cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Have you had a religious experience,please share.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Ian View Post
    And what are you talking about? Non believer is not necessarily an atheist, but even as it stands, this was the standard answer to miracles when they were brought to the people. It just highlights that even if a denier of god is given a tour of heaven and earth, that a haters gonna hate.
    a non-believer is an atheist or maybe an agnostic, if you believe it includes other groups, what would those be? i don't know who you talked to but neither believe in magic or evil spirits by definition...if they do, they are not actually non-believers...

International Captain
    I don't know the doctors.
    I go on the person's testimony I guess.
    I am not 1 of those ppl that goes to verify healings,what do you think I am.

Thats for atheists to do.

International Debutant Victor Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    a non-believer is an atheist or maybe an agnostic, if you believe it includes other groups, what would those be? i don't know who you talked to but neither believe in magic or evil spirits by definition...if they do, they are not actually non-believers...
    I did not talk to anyone, rather I just read it here and there. But as you said, it could be agnostics too. If could also include those who dabble in magic but don't subscribe to a God. It would also include those who dabble in the spirit world without subscribing to a God but being won over by tree spirits and Gaia and all that stuff. All of them will readily deny what they have seen, even though they can not do it themselves, rather than change their viewpoint and all of them are disbelievers in God and miracles, being the context of 'disbeliever' that i was using. The 'atheist' is a modern being. I said that they call it 'coincidence'. Perhaps I was sloppy in my first attempt to highlight how non believers in God will blame anything but God. So....chill out.

vcs
    There is a guy literally offering a million dollar prize or something for an actual miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

yay look another thread for people to play the 'Im Smarter Than You Card' and bash on the one religious guy.

This thread was made to talk about if people had religious experiences. Not to scoff at those who do, and not to mock the religious. I feel bad for brockley, can't even post about what he wants to peacefully in a thread dedicated to it without people taking the piss out of him.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Oh great zorash with one of his mood swings.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Oh great zorash with one of his mood swings.
    Nah he's got a point for once
    zorax and Nate like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

International Captain
    I find it funny how some ppl believe they will find the right person,but are agnostic or atheist.
    I am more hopeful of God than I am hopeful of meeting somone.
    Sometimes life is just fate.
    Beliving in God,no matter what you believe,doesn't mean you always get what you want.
    Sometimes the biggest curse is the biggest blessing at it draws you closer 2 God.
    I think most ppl find God in crisis or in their teenage years,as it is a traumatic experience.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    yay look another thread for people to play the 'Im Smarter Than You Card' and bash on the one religious guy.

This thread was made to talk about if people had religious experiences. Not to scoff at those who do, and not to mock the religious. I feel bad for brockley, can't even post about what he wants to peacefully in a thread dedicated to it without people taking the piss out of him.
    It is tough on the internet these days for those of faith. It's not about smartness though. It's just that usually IRL, people tend to interact with others who share the same faith. So the basis of that faith is never questioned. On the internet, with a vast spectrum of people interacting, it is hard to have a conversation on religion without the inevitable question coming up "what makes your omnipotent guy the correct one as opposed to the other 9483 omnipotent guys other folks believe in".

But yeah, this thread is about religion in general, and not just a particular one, so it would be interesting to hear from people of faiths other than Christianity.

Basically, talking about religion on the internet is just a thankless and losing proposition for believers, there's really no point doing it.
    Last edited by vcs; 20-12-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    It is tough on the internet these days for those of faith. It's not about smartness though. It's just that usually IRL, people tend to interact with others who share the same faith. So the basis of that faith is never questioned. On the internet, with a vast spectrum of people interacting, it is hard to have a conversation on religion without the inevitable question coming up "what makes your omnipotent guy the correct one as opposed to the other 9483 omnipotent guys other folks believe in".

But yeah, this thread is about religion in general, and not just a particular one, so it would be interesting to hear from people of faiths other than Christianity.

Basically, talking about religion on the internet is just a thankless and losing proposition for believers, there's really no point doing it.
    I think that IRL if someone started talking to you about their faith you would listen quietly and nod alone instead of instead of making sarcastic spaghetti monster comments

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    No, most people don't talk about their faith in my experience and the ones that do get jokes thrown at them quickly.

International Debutant Victor Ian's Avatar
    faith is the new black.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post

It's not only about the smarter thing though I will concede that may have a part, I have had way too many such conversations , these things are mostly about how my God's dick is bigger than your God's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    On 1 miraculous experience a friend a pagan,asked me should she have her baby.She had nearly bled 2 death twice.
    All her friends said no.
    I naively I guess yes yes,and I prayed for her.
    She took a step of faith brave woman,and had 2 healthy children.
    For instance, oh a poor pagan women, her God was just not listening to her prayers or those of her near and dear ones, so I prayed to my God and voila.
    vcs likes this.

International Captain
    Thats mocking what I experienced,and what she experinced.
    I saw her with those kids some years later,and I was overjoyed for her.I had such gladness in my spirit for her.
    She didn't become a christian,but she got want she wanted,childen.

Yes ppl talking about faith is just so unaaccpetable these days in such an enlightened time.
    But as Zorax said this was a thread 2 talk about their experiences.You ruin it for them.
    This is not a political thread,but its turning in2 a political correct 1.
    As I said the religious thread became a topic to bag religious ppl.
    So I started a new one to counteract that 1.

Anyway merry chirstmas or happy holidays all,I head 2 Canberra soon for christmas.
    zorax likes this.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Thats mocking what I experienced,and what she experinced.
    I saw her with those kids some years later,and I was overjoyed for her.I had such gladness in my spirit for her.
    She didn't become a christian,but she got want she wanted,childen.
    Actually no, he's got a point really - what links her having children to religion, or prayer, or more specifically to your prayer? I'm guessing paganism as a belief isn't what you meant, maybe athiest/agnostic? I didn't think Paganism was common outside Europe, certainly would take someone to go actively looking for it as a belief, which probably would mean she probably spent just as much energy, if not more, during her pregnancy practising in worship for her/her baby's health.

But besides, having a couple of children after 2 dangerous pregnancies is not unheard of - it takes extra care on the medics part, and over precaution, but it happens every day.

Don't get me wrong, the feeling of joy you got from seeing her with children is brilliant, but its that that should be celebrated (and the fact that you got that extra special joy from being a nice person and from your strong religious beliefs and actions), but attributing it to a miracle.......

Alas its the overt desire to pin something on God when other more understandable (and more likely) answers exist is what makes people react against religion - it just comes across as closed and medieval in its thought. I'd also argue its the desire to insist that everything has an explanation rooted in science (even if said person doesn't actually know what that explanation is) is what makes the other side of the debate bloody annoying... Which is why I usually just skip off to have a cup of tea and let others argue about the whole shebang.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information