Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Do people...

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.

Do people...

...who talk about how they have been to "The University of Life" get on your nerves? Because they do mine.
    _Ed_ likes this.

cpr
    Ask them if they've got a diploma in being a ****

Generally they are knobs of the highest order, trying to reverse condescend people by implying getting an education is a bad move and can't possibly function in society with a degree. The only other conversation these people can normally hold is about football over a pint, and what the Sun says about other subjects. To them, Science is the cripple with the robot voice, Art is 'Banksy n that' and literature is something the council fine you for dropping (which of course is a violation of their rights and the EU's fault)

'Everything I learned, I learned out there'
    So that'll be football chants, road rage and casual racism then....

****s
    sledger, Uppercut, Marcuss and 6 others like this.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Ask them if they've got a diploma in being a ****

Generally they are knobs of the highest order, trying to reverse condescend people by implying getting an education is a bad move and can't possibly function in society with a degree. The only other conversation these people can normally hold is about football over a pint, and what the Sun says about other subjects. To them, Science is the cripple with the robot voice, Art is 'Banksy n that' and literature is something the council fine you for dropping (which of course is a violation of their rights and the EU's fault)

'Everything I learned, I learned out there'
    So that'll be football chants, road rage and casual racism then....

****s
    Hahaha, brilliant. My own take would be a slightly less visceral version of what you have said here.

Nothing wrong with not going to uni. More than one way to skin a cat so far as living your life is concerned. But the implied reverse snobbery of university of life type comments is just so incredibly dire.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    spoken like a typical useless academic. please get out into the real world. /ikki

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Had an encounter with one of these types during a grade match a couple of weeks ago. Hate the buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    ...who talk about how they have been to "The University of Life" get on your nerves? Because they do mine.
    it's a good school, I went there and I'm more educated than any of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha yes.

"School of Hard Knocks" even worse ftr. Can almost guarantee a facebook bio including "DONT JUDGE ME UNTIL U NO ME"
    harsh.ag likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Joe Rogan podcast has made all university education redundant. Wake up bro.
    Ikki, wellAlbidarned, vcs and 4 others like this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    you can just tell they're massively insecure over their lack of tertiary education too and are hiding it behind a veil of being a wise old sage who has seen the world.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    I can only imagine the jelly. I went to uni and didn’t really enjoy myself, so I still feel like I missed out.

Not everyone has a great time at uni, but so many people do and feel the need to harp on about it that it feels like a mandatory requirement. No surprise some people bristle about students.
    vogue likes this.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Interesting - I didn't think people used that expression any more, certainly I haven't heard it for ages - used to hear it, but generally as I recall it in a self-deprecating way

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    I don't know what kind of circles you are hanging in to meet people like these, let alone engaging them in conversation to the point where they bring this up.

Question your life choices tbh
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Unfortunately a considerable volume of the "great" British public is made up of halfwits who think reading a newspaper (or anything at all) makes you an oddball. Anything more intellectually rigorous than this makes you a snob and/or positively toxic.

Nah, seriously though, it doesn't happen all that often, but neither is it uncommon when you go out to a pub or bar or whatever. I can think of several occasions in the last year where I've been chatting to some random about what I do, and their obnoxious friend feels compelled to lean over and orate about how education is a scam and so on. Just dire.

That said, go into London and go to a trendy establishment any night of the week and you'll be surrounded by people with degrees in business studies who are all analysts of some sort and and all wear suits and look the same and have been to Peru to find themselves and whose sole aspirations are to become even more of a faceless peon than they already are, which in many ways is even more dire than the University of lifers.
    vcs likes this.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    I don't know what kind of circles you are hanging in to meet people like these, let alone engaging them in conversation to the point where they bring this up.

Question your life choices tbh
    Spoken like a man with a degree from the UoL
    sledger, zorax and OverratedSanity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

International Coach
    I’ve never heard anyone say they went to the university of life. However I have heard people say they went to Durham.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information