Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 241
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Top 5

  1. #61
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,650
    Comedy Horror

    Evil Dead II
    Shaun of the Dead
    What we do in the Shadows
    The Cabin in the Woods
    From Dusk Till Dawn (sorta)

    Horror

    Audition
    Ringu
    [Rec]
    Alien
    28 Weeks Later
    Scarlett likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  2. #62
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    12,115
    I can get a little jump-scare out of horror and then move on, but FMD the Blair Witch Project freaked me out for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Test_Fan_Only View Post
    Red Hill is a piece of ****

  3. #63
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    32,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post

    Audition
    I should've put this in but I wasn't sure whether I consider it a Horror movie in the strictest sense. Probably yes now I think about it.

    Has one of the all time great movie villains too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

  4. #64
    Norwood's on Fire GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    League One
    Posts
    60,388
    The Ring

    Struggling beyond that tbh. Been ages since one actually creeped the **** out of me. When I saw The Ring at the cinema I went home and went online, this in the day where you couldn't do that as you walked out of the theatre, and I sat at my PC shitting myself that someone was going to come out of my monitor and kill me. Had to shut the curtains too

    When I was nine my sister rented a video called Lady in White and I watched it with her the next day. It was pretty dull but had a moment where the lady in white was just staring into this kid's bedroom while he sat there not knowing, and that freaked me out for a while when trying to sleep as there was an extension on the back of the house and someone could have stood on it and looked into my bedroom no bother. so I'll throw that a mention for good measure.

    But since The Ring nothing has had the same effect. Been trying to watch a film that scared me that much ever since and not managed. And I saw the yank version so can only imagine what the original would have done to me

    NB I ****ing despise paranormal activity


  5. #65
    International Coach Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wigton Unzud
    Posts
    14,004
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The Ring

    Struggling beyond that tbh. Been ages since one actually creeped the **** out of me. When I saw The Ring at the cinema I went home and went online, this in the day where you couldn't do that as you walked out of the theatre, and I sat at my PC shitting myself that someone was going to come out of my monitor and kill me. Had to shut the curtains too

    When I was nine my sister rented a video called Lady in White and I watched it with her the next day. It was pretty dull but had a moment where the lady in white was just staring into this kid's bedroom while he sat there not knowing, and that freaked me out for a while when trying to sleep as there was an extension on the back of the house and someone could have stood on it and looked into my bedroom no bother. so I'll throw that a mention for good measure.

    But since The Ring nothing has had the same effect. Been trying to watch a film that scared me that much ever since and not managed. And I saw the yank version so can only imagine what the original would have done to me

    NB I ****ing despise paranormal activity
    I think the original version isn't nearly as scary as the American remake. That's not to say that it's not as good (or better for that matter), just that it's a lot more subdued and restrained.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  6. #66
    International Debutant Burner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Leave her, Johnny, leave her.
    Posts
    2,714
    I don't think I'll enjoy being a professional football player but would enjoy being a cricket player. Being a football player is going to be **** imo. It's just non-stop action for 90 minutes, no time to talk and have fun with your fellow team mates. As a viewer it has always been very enticing to me of the prospect of standing in the slips, talking **** to your team-mates in between balls, make plans with the bowler etc. It just seems so relaxing from the outside. I also would love being a gun batsman or a very highly skilled bowler. For me if it was guaranteed that I'll be great at it, there's nothing that I will choose more than being a gun batsman. Don't think there's a better job than that.

  7. #67
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I think the original version isn't nearly as scary as the American remake. That's not to say that it's not as good (or better for that matter), just that it's a lot more subdued and restrained.
    Yeah the key differences between the versions are more or less that Ringu is a slightly more coherent movie. The ending solution is slightly different and more family orientated. I also find the "video you watch" in the Japanese version to be more disturbing. The "Samara" character is also at a different age which does change some of the themes The Ring focuses on slightly.

    The scares are more or less the same but the American version does a fantastic job at it. I'd say the same with Ju-On and The Grudge, the Japanese version is a more complete film but the American version does a great job in translating the horror and at times surpassing it.

  8. #68
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,650
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I should've put this in but I wasn't sure whether I consider it a Horror movie in the strictest sense. Probably yes now I think about it.

    Has one of the all time great movie villains too.
    Audition made me afraid in a way that stuck in the back of my mind more than most traditional horror films. The sack? Jeez.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

  9. #69
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,650
    Two horrors I remember loving as a youngster (9-13) were Mimic and The Ghost and the Darkness. Both of those deeply unsettled me. I have a distinct memory of looking out the window at my home... at a beach... in New Zealand. Deeply afraid a lion was going to kill me. And the spoons from the Mimic? And the kids not getting away? Damn you Del Toro!

  10. #70
    International Debutant Burner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Leave her, Johnny, leave her.
    Posts
    2,714
    That's why I never see Horror movies. See a good one and it's no more peeing at the middle of the night for a week.

  11. #71
    U19 Captain Scarlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Blue Moon
    Posts
    612

    Amazingly good creepy scene and yes Burgey you can close your eyes if you want too lol.

    Horror
    The Shinning (1980)
    It Follows (2014)
    Oculus (2013)
    The Amityville Horror (1979)
    Grudge (2004), The Birds (1963), Sixth Sense (1999) really can’t decide.

    Psychological Thriller
    Seven (1995)
    The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
    The Bone Collector (1999)
    Psycho (1960)

    Ok yes did go a little crazy with likes but in my defence it is horror movie talk.
    DEAD GIRL @ CW

  12. #72
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    66,655
    Y U do this?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

    "Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  13. #73
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    6,094
    Need some time to narrow down fav horror films and tbh, most have been named, but I will throw in Kill List, starts pretty quietly and then builds up a fantastic level of dread. Maskell who I think some had considered little more than a Danny Dyer clone was fantastic as the soulless geezer style killer.


    Oh and The Mist obviously!
    Last edited by Niall; 09-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.

  14. #74
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    24,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I don't think I'll enjoy being a professional football player but would enjoy being a cricket player. Being a football player is going to be **** imo. It's just non-stop action for 90 minutes, no time to talk and have fun with your fellow team mates. As a viewer it has always been very enticing to me of the prospect of standing in the slips, talking **** to your team-mates in between balls, make plans with the bowler etc. It just seems so relaxing from the outside. I also would love being a gun batsman or a very highly skilled bowler. For me if it was guaranteed that I'll be great at it, there's nothing that I will choose more than being a gun batsman. Don't think there's a better job than that.

    Given I was a reasonably good keeper at school cricket level, if I could have progressed and been international standard, I would have enjoyed that a lot. I am sure fitness and training work will be a drag but you are in the game all the time and if you are a keeper like Saha, you are perhaps not so much on TV and press and there is a good to decent amount of personal space you get as well. Sounds like a bit of best of both worlds for me.

    Of course, if I can be a cricket commentator or a reporter that will be swell as well.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  15. #75
    Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    30,755
    Just got back from Annabelle Creation. It was all jumpscares, nothing actually terrifying.

    I was terrified as a little kid of Child's Play. Chucky freaked the **** out of me.
    Exorcist as well I suppose. Some decent Thai ones.

    Overall not a fan of the genre.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •