cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: The Official Food/Cooking/Eating thread

Yea **** cooking proper, authentic Indian food. Ain't no body got the time for that.

Home-cooked food is usually a lot simpler. Oil, dry spices (stuff like pepper, basil, curry leaf, mustard seeds, cumin, etc), garlic, ginger, tomatoes and onions for your basic generic curry base, and then whatever veggie or meat is on hand. Powdered spices (chilli, tumeric, coriander, etc) after that, maybe yoghurt or cream, and you're done.

You can ofc marinate whatever you wanna cook first, and vary the combination of the spices for different flavors.
    andruid likes this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    You blokes are amateurs.......and I'm betting neither of you are married huh??

This is how it works boy's.......I got all the time in the world for this ****. On a Sat or Sun morning I say to my missus "I'll cook tonight love, you look buggered leave it to me" I then go to the shops get my ingredients, go to the liqueur store and buy a box of beer. When I get home I go outside with beer and ingredients and **** about for the entire day getting pissed and cooking up a (sometimes) awesome dinner.

And at the end of it all my missus gives me a kiss and thanks me for all my effort today.

And that's how having a good time and Marriage is done.
    zorax, Shri, indiaholic and 2 others like this.
    Young Jonny Bairstow.......you are the love of my life,
    Young Jonny Bairstow.......I'd let you shag my wife,
    Young Jonny Bairstow......I want ginger hair too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLKzKjJtUw

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Had some amazing crispy cauliflower yesterday. A bit of spices and salt with it. Was a great starter with the drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    You blokes are amateurs.......and I'm betting neither of you are married huh??

This is how it works boy's.......I got all the time in the world for this ****. On a Sat or Sun morning I say to my missus "I'll cook tonight love, you look buggered leave it to me" I then go to the shops get my ingredients, go to the liqueur store and buy a box of beer. When I get home I go outside with beer and ingredients and **** about for the entire day getting pissed and cooking up a (sometimes) awesome dinner.

And at the end of it all my missus gives me a kiss and thanks me for all my effort today.

And that's how having a good time and Marriage is done.
    I mean, I could see myself doing that when I'm old and married and settled down. But I'm still young so why would I waste my Saturday nights cooking?

I could sit at home and record a podcast over skype with a guy I've never met instead.
    vcs, Daemon, Adders and 8 others like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Down south in my state, its pretty much any liquid that's in a dish when the meat/vegetables are cooked. Mix it with rice, dip roti/naan in it, etc.

Example: Chettinad Mutton Kuzhambhu - Spicy Lamb Gravy | Spicy Tasty
    Amazing how Shri is embarrassed to say Chennai

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Amazing how Shri is embarrassed to say Chennai
    No, Damien. Chennai is not a ****ing state and is a city made of people coming from elsewhere with a variety of cuisines. It doesn't have a cuisine of its own much like NYC. The southern part of the state where my family is from has awesome food.
    Daemon and indiaholic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Kudos to Adders for the home made tandoor - deeply impressed with that
    Adders likes this.

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    @Adders My understanding was that you cook the leg of the goat (not lamb) for about an hour and half in a convection oven and then cook it for half an hour in a tandoor. Haven't read the recipes posted but this is a dish that requires a lot of cooking.. Should melt in your mouth. The legs are tough muscle. And part of the appeal is how soft it becomes.

Most recipes online will be bastardisations of traditional recipes because they are aimed at an urban populace who dont have the tools or the time to do it the proper way... I will try and find a good recipe for you today..
    Adders, zorax and Shri like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by indiaholic View Post
    @Adders My understanding was that you cook the leg of the goat (not lamb) for about an hour and half in a convection oven and then cook it for half an hour in a tandoor. Haven't read the recipes posted but this is a dish that requires a lot of cooking.. Should melt in your mouth. The legs are tough muscle. And part of the appeal is how soft it becomes.

Most recipes online will be bastardisations of traditional recipes because they are aimed at an urban populace who dont have the tools or the time to do it the proper way... I will try and find a good recipe for you today..
    Mate that would be bloody awesome if you can find one. All joking aside I've got the time to do it, and the tandoor (of sorts) so if I'm gonna do it I wanna do it properly.

And funny as it sounds, I've seriously been thinking of getting a goat for eating. I had a spit roast one years ago at a party and it was ****ing delicious.......no idea why we don't eat it in the West.
    indiaholic and zorax like this.

Yeah it is absolutely delicious meat. Most so called lamb based indian dishes are actually goat based.. I have always loved it though i have heard that because it has a more distinct taste, it may take some getting used to..
    Adders likes this.

With your setup you will be having way more authentic Indian food than any of us lol.
    zorax and Adders like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    I mean, I could see myself doing that when I'm old and married and settled down. But I'm still young so why would I waste my Saturday nights cooking?

I could sit at home and record a podcast over skype with a guy I've never met instead.
    Hahahah, I was young once too and I would probably have laughed at old ****s that sit by a fire pot cooking all day.

This was actually one of the best things my Old Man ever taught me tbh. Back at home when I was a young bloke we used to have the traditional Turkey Christmas dinner, my Step Mum used to really go to town with it and put a **** load of effort in. But my Dad always insisted on having a Pork Roast as well. So every Christmas he would trot off to his shed at about 9am and we wouldn't see him again until 3 when he would stagger in pissed as a fart with a beautifully cooked pork joint.

And the old **** used to get all the kudos for the pork while my Mum had worked her ass off all day doing everything else.
    zorax, indiaholic and Shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Hahahah, I was young once too and I would probably have laughed at old ****s that sit by a fire pot cooking all day.

This was actually one of the best things my Old Man ever taught me tbh. Back at home when I was a young bloke we used to have the traditional Turkey Christmas dinner, my Step Mum used to really go to town with it and put a **** load of effort in. But my Dad always insisted on having a Pork Roast as well. So every Christmas he would trot off to his shed at about 9am and we wouldn't see him again until 3 when he would stagger in pissed as a fart with a beautifully cooked pork joint.

And the old **** used to get all the kudos for the pork while my Mum had worked her ass off all day doing everything else.
    Man....can I come over to yours for dinner?
    Adders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Kudos to Adders for the home made tandoor - deeply impressed with that
    It really wasn't hard to make at all and it does work pretty well. If anyone here is inspired and wants to have a crack at one, step by step guide is here

You really just can't do things like a tandoori chicken in a conventional oven as they don't get hot enough. From my research something happens to the natural yoghurt once you cook it at above 300 degrees that gives it that flavour. I cook a whole (large) chicken in about 30-40 mins in it. The marinating is very important here, must be at least 24 hours so the meat is cured/part cooked to start with..........otherwise you'd never get the middle cooked until the outside was charcoal.

One thing I haven't got happening yet though is naan bread in the tandoor. I've tried 4 times and they've been a dismal failure each time.......so if anyone has any tips/recipes I'd love to hear them.
    zorax and Shri like this.

This is the closest that I can find: Indian-Spiced Leg of Lamb Recipe ? Food Republic

Only issue is that it uses lamb instead of goat. So maybe the cooking times will vary a bit?

Step number 6 is when it goes into the Tandoor
    Adders likes this.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information