Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 157 of 185 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2762
Like Tree681Likes

Thread: Mafia - FR game over

International Debutant srbhkshk's Avatar
    I don't think it should be 5 Mafia, most probably 4.

Anyway, I might change this later but Howe has appeared royalist to me all game, so - Lynch Howe

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    That's 4 (could be 5 with the double voter). 6 to Lynch, lets wait until he wakes up at least.

Going to Unlynch Howe just incase.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Yeah there's the mafia role of framer. Whoever they visit shows up as guilty on cop reports. Though I don't know if that's relevant here, since Milenko got loads of guilty reports and has only now got an innocent. So if a framer is at play, then it's probably more likely they hit on a couple of Milenko's first three reports and this is the first time he's landed on town without being tampered with.

I think that's all unlikely though. Seems much more likely he's just insane.
    Yeah I know about framer, but would it work the same way on a paranoid cop? Like, if Howe is town and is framed and the paranoid cop investigates, would he show up as town because he was framed?
    Forever 63* at the SCG

That's my understanding but it probably would have been better had we not made Howe's defence for him.

Regardless, I think we deserve to hear some sort of explanation about who he is and what he's been doing as it's the only thing we've got to go on right now...

I mean, if he's paranoid - then everyone would appear guilty regardless of maf or town. So there's still a chance the Maf could frame themselves.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Man it's a great feeling when you check the thread twice a day and get fos'd of being maf for inactivity, huh

Obviously I'm not mafia, I'm Jean Baptiste Treilhard and I'm the reason why a bunch of you are still alive, so unlynch ya mongrels.

lynch milenko

Hiding behind worthless reports until he decides to change his mind and claim insane, and coming out with a fresh mafia find, just when it's likely mislynch and lose. And I'm the one who looks scummy?
    zorax likes this.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    howe please elaborate on your role and what you've been up to

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Man it's a great feeling when you check the thread twice a day and get fos'd of being maf for inactivity, huh

Obviously I'm not mafia, I'm Jean Baptiste Treilhard and I'm the reason why a bunch of you are still alive, so unlynch ya mongrels.

lynch milenko

Hiding behind worthless reports until he decides to change his mind and claim insane, and coming out with a fresh mafia find, just when it's likely mislynch and lose. And I'm the one who looks scummy?
    Actually I've been claiming that I'm insane more than others have, if you care to look back.

It's also a very mafia thing to do, blaming others in a MYLO situation. Surprisingly common, especially when they don't direct much suspicion upon that person previously.

Tbf I do look scummy but I always am. Gee I'm making myself scummier and scummier aren't I.
    Milenko

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Alright technically we're waiting on one more person, but I've gotten emails from everyone who actually needs to be around for Night 0, so we can start.

===

French Revolutionary Mafia

Paris, 1793.

The Revolution stands on a knife-edge. The monarchy has been toppled and a new Republic founded, but treachery threatens to cripple the French armies and an Austrian army is mere days from the capital. Their goal is simple: rescue the royal family and crush the Revolution.

For their part in formenting the counterrevolutionary plots, the royal family had been arrested, tried, and found guilty of treason. However, the night before their date with madame la guillotine, they were sensationally set free by royalist sympathisers and are loose in the city. Many believe they have sympathisers and agents within the National Convention itself.

The National Convention has descended into acrimony as accusation and counter-accusation fly, but who are these secret royalists and where is the former royal family? In the febrile streets of Revolutionary Paris, friend appears as enemy, enemy as friend, and paranoia reigns. All know, however, if that the royalists are not quickly purged, the Convention will lose faith in the Republic and the French armies will disintegrate.

Meanwhile, a whisper is doing the rounds, a rumour of a brilliant young artillery officer recently returned from the front. And some whose enthusiasm for the Revolution has waned witness the increasing chaos and wonder if the answer is neither Republic nor ancien régime but something else entirely…

The Revolutionaries are attempting to root out the Royalists. If all Royalists are killed, the Republic will be secured, and the Revolutionaries will win.
    The Royalists are attempting to restore the monarchy. If they can kill enough of the Revolutionaries, the French armies will fold. The Austrian Army will reach Paris and they will crush the Revolution. They will win if 50% of the votes in the Convention are Royalists.
    The Bonapartists outwardly support the Revolution but have become quietly disillusioned with the Republic. They seek to launch a coup against whoever remains and install their preferred leader as First Consul. Their precise win conditions are secret.

Rules for this game:

1. Nights are 24hrs. If you don't meet this deadline (i.e. email me what you are doing that night, subject to your role), then modkilled (or replaced if anyone wants to jump in). You must send me an email with what you are doing each night if you are capable of doing something, even if you don't wish to visit anyone.
    2. Days are 48hrs. Every remaining (i.e. alive) player must make a non-trivial (i.e. not just reacting to the previous night) contribution to the debate and discussion, otherwise modkilled. Lynch votes should be bolded like this: Lynch Spark or No lynch or Unlynch Spark.
    3. Please do not discuss this game outside of this thread or the QT if you are in one.
    4. Please do not talk in this thread if you are dead (beyond a single "ffs i'm dead" sort of post)
    5. No editing or deleting, please.
    6. I will not be revealing the roles of players when they die, only the character's name and their alignment.
    7. Votes carry if they represent a simple majority of the possible votes (hint hint) in the National Convention. If no vote has carried at the conclusion of the 48 hours, then No Lynch will carry the vote (or No Guillotine, as case may be).

List of players:

1. Uppercut
    2. GIMH
    3. Magrat Garlick
    4. sledger
    5. Daemon
    6. Cabinet
    7. Milenko
    8. morgieb
    9. zorax
    10. googlyeyes
    11. Tom Halsey
    12. srbhkshk
    13. np10
    14. Howe
    15. Marcuss
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    15 people game
    Suspect that means 5 maf, 3 third party, and 7 town?

We're down to 10 with 5 maf, 2 third party and 3 town

Legit mislynch and lose situation here. Very open to an aggressive mafia play right now. All they need is one wrong vote from a non-Maf and they've got this

Optimistically the ratio is 4-2-4 right now
    Responding to everything in bold italics.

So if there were 5 mafia then we'd have lost, so 4-2-4 is far and away most likely.

The best thing that can happen right now is if we lynch Howe and it turns out to be correct. That would mean 90% of the time NP10, zorax, and me will not be mafia and leave us with 2/3 out of 8 confirmed as not mafia and a (I'm going to assume my lynch from here on out as most likely) 3M-2TP-3TW split, with half of th options for mafia really mafia.

We're hanging on by a thread here and I think that that is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Milenko47 View Post
    Responding to everything in bold italics.

So if there were 5 mafia then we'd have lost, so 4-2-4 is far and away most likely.

The best thing that can happen right now is if we lynch Howe and it turns out to be correct. That would mean 90% of the time NP10, zorax, and me will not be mafia and leave us with 2/3 out of 8 confirmed as not mafia and a (I'm going to assume my lynch from here on out as most likely) 3M-2TP-3TW split, with half of th options for mafia really mafia.

We're hanging on by a thread here and I think that that is the best way to go.
    Urgh quotes are in italics by default. 'They will win if 50% of the votes in the Convention are Royalists' was what I was going after.

24 hours left.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    character claims are useless for me in this game

Howe is outing himself as some sort of protective role that has saved lives this game, which means he believe if not for him we would have more than 1 death per night

this is a shady claim, because we don't actually know if the 3P group in this game has the ability to kill
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

I definitely want to hear more from Howe about this...

International Coach
    I don't buy the defence. Short of any further details, my thoughts are that if Howe prevented deaths on the first two nights then we have a potential three kills per night, given we know UC didn't try and off anyone. This would mean that 3p have a killing power (far from certain), there must be two protective roles to prevent both UC and 3p's kills last night (not certain), and they both chose the 'correct' targets to defend (base chances of this are very unlikely). I'm willing to wait to hear more but on face value this doesn't add up.
    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

lynch milenko

Thing is he wasn't really the one to claim insane. He revealed on day one he had a guilty on Zorax, and after a character claim the likes of UC and Magrat claimed paranoid/insane for him. I guess it's not out of the question that milenko has deliberately been leading us down the wrong since day 1 as part of a mafia strategy, but I'm not sure I buy it.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

Thread Information