View Poll Results: Should Scotland be asked to leave the UK?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • Yes, and Wales too

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Should Scotland be kicked out of the U.K.?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

Should Scotland be kicked out of the U.K.?

Oil is cheap as piss, their footballers aren't any good (if it wasn't for them we could say we had full UK representation at the Euros), Nicola Sturgeon is vile, Furball hates Ian Bell, Wet Wet Wet were one of the worst bands ever, shops don't take their banknotes south of the wall, they haven't had a decent title race in about five years, square sausage isn't as good as actual sausage, Tony Blair was born there, Alex Salmond is repulsive, the flower of Scotland is a load of ****

so let's get them before they leave us. Let's kick them out to union and invite Norway to take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I'm an outsider so my opinions don't really matter but I have to say that it's a bit sad to see what's happening to the UK. First the inevitable loss of influence and relevance on the world stage as it distances itself from the EU, followed by the probable break internally too (with Scotland and maybe even Northern Ireland)...
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I'd be staggered if Northern Ireland went

I think Scotland would vote to stay again. Hence why we should kick them out.

cpr
    What we should seriously be looking at is a Liverpool/London/Manchester alliance (Leeds want in, but that's a bit much) that basically tells the rest of the UK to do one. We should be working with the Scots with their oil and free education to create a super nation, and let the rest of the scumbags rot. Lets not forget who the real enemy is nowadays: Essex Man.
    Uppercut likes this.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    The Scots are like farts, once past the tweed they seldom return.

.......like I said in the British Politics thread;

What is just as likely to happen is that Scotland, Ireland and Wales will realise that they have more self determinstion and autonomy within the UK than within the EU.

In two years time Scotland and Ireland might not want to take on board all the EU regulations and bind them to their law. Also, they might not want to be subservient to Germany, especially if the French vote to leave in the near future.

So there is little point in making knee-jerk assumptions as this stage.

My own hope is that the people of the UK will realise more fully that they have more in common with England and eachother than they do with the Germans, French, Italians, and Spanish. That the wars of 300 hundred years ago will finally be forgotten and that each region can rightly share their common cultural heritage once and for all!
    Last edited by watson; 24-06-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    On a serious point I think that Scotland should wait and see what is happening first as with the grumbling across europe about the EU they may find that they vote to leave the UK to join the EU and it is disbanding as they get freedom and find themselves totally isolated.

Or alternatively we could just kick them out as GIMH says.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    On a serious point I think that Scotland should wait and see what is happening first as with the grumbling across europe about the EU they may find that they vote to leave the UK to join the EU and it is disbanding as they get freedom and find themselves totally isolated.

Or alternatively we could just kick them out as GIMH says.
    Sturgeon has already indicated a 2 year wait before any requesting an Indyref. This wait is prudent because next year is going to get bumpy. It is almost certain the French Presidential election will be fought over Frexit, and with 40% of French having a 'negative view' of the EU it is not entirely out of the question that the French will also leave.

France up next? Le Pen hails Brexit and demands vote

Friday's historic Brexit vote has sent tremors across the English Channel, where the political class had mixed reactions to the news that the UK had voted to leave the EU.

French far-right leader Marine Le Pen was - as perhaps could have been expected given the result - the quickest off the blocks to react to the referendum result in the UK.

The far-right national front leader hailed Britain's decision to leave the European Union and called for a*similar referendum in France.

"Victory for Freedom! As I have been asking for years we must now have the*same referendum in France and EU countries," the National Front (FN) leader*tweeted.

Le Pen later told a press conference that the vote showed it was possible to leave the EU, and that France could do the same.
    "Europe will be at the heart of the next presidential election" in April 2017, she said.
    If elected next year, Le Pen has declared she would become "Madame Frexit" and call a referendum on France's EU membership within six months.
    "France has possibly a thousand more reasons to want to leave the EU than the English," Le Pen told a gathering of far-right parties in Vienna last Friday.
    Marion Le Pen, Marine's hardline Catholic niece and the poster-girl of the party, also tweeted out her satisfaction with the result in English (see below).

France up next? Le Pen hails Brexit and demands vote - The Local
    Last edited by watson; 25-06-2016 at 06:45 AM.
    1. Sunil Gavaskar 2. Virender Sehwag 3. Rahul Dravid 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. Virat Kohli 6. Vinoo Mankad 7. MS Dhoni 8. Kapil Dev 9. Javagal Srinath 10. Zaheer Khan 11. Subhash Gupte

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    .......like I said in the British Politics thread;
    Have you ever met a Scottish person? It really doesn't seem like it. You literally couldn't misunderstand their priorities any worse. It's like that time the Better Together campaign tried to convince them to stay because the Queen and David Beckham were on board.
    sledger likes this.

We should only associate with people we have things in common with. You know, except our shared humanity.

International Captain
    They should have a geographical reconstruction master plan to divert the rivers and seas in such a way that Scotland ends up under water.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    I mean I know Wales voted out but I think it's just a good chance to get shot of them.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Have you ever met a Scottish person? It really doesn't seem like it. You literally couldn't misunderstand their priorities any worse. It's like that time the Better Together campaign tried to convince them to stay because the Queen and David Beckham were on board.
    Not every Scotsman is like Frankie Boyle. I have rel's in Aberdeen and Inverness so I'm not completely unfamiliar with Scotland.

Seems to me that the cultural difference between England and Scotland is not much different to NSW and Queensland. In fact Queenslanders are a bigger pain in some ways.

Especially if you're wearing blue at Lang Park.

International Regular
    Oh hey Scottish people, this guy who's lived in Australia for 40 years is here to tell you how close to the English you are.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Pratters's Avatar
    If they are any thing like How to Train Your Dragon characters or Furball, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information