13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes

12 92.31%
  • Hell No

0 0%
  • Dont Give a Damn

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationship between India and Pakistan.

Relationship between India and Pakistan.

Do you think it should improve...My answer is of course...Pakistanis are cool
    liveyalifenikhilsway@hotmail.com -MSN

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Hello and welcome back
    Rain has stopped and palyers are back in the middle
    Play is about to stop

I don't think anybody would say no :P . Everybody wants good relations

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Yes, well ofcourse one would want good relations. With bad relations one is heading for evil, destruction and nothing good at all.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Can it get worse without moving towards open war? Masterblaster summed it up nicely just now.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Pinball Champion!
    What does the general public think about the Pakistanis? And vice versa??

Is it a government or a regional thing, or is there genuine hatred amongst the two populations?

If so, then they shouldnt be playing cricket together....
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Originally posted by Langeveldt
    What does the general public think about the Pakistanis? And vice versa??

Is it a government or a regional thing, or is there genuine hatred amongst the two populations?

If so, then they shouldnt be playing cricket together....
    No general public hatred or anything of that sort. Around 10,000 wouldn't be going to Pak and many others willing if that is the case. To tell my biased Indian opinion , India had same problem with China as it occupied a large part of Kashmir in 1962 but that was thankfully resolved an year back as the Indian leaders had the mind to agree that it is not feasible to get that land back and that it is best to maintain good relations with China as Indian Economy had started to grow at a very good rate lately and good relations with China is helpful . But that can't be the case with Pakistan.

Here is a link to a nice website maintained by Kashmiri Muslims living in UK and US . It has nice,small and simple description of problems facing Kashmir ,etc,.

http://www.jammu-kashmir.com/basicfacts/basics.html

Actually i think this needs to be stopped. I gave Neil a link some days back on the curriculum in religious schools in Pak but this link is on government run schools and other normal schools :O . If people grow up with this sort of teaching then there will continue to be trouble. AFAIK, there is nothing mentioned about Pakistan in indian schools except that the country was divided into India and Pakistan and no i am not being bias about this

http://www.mid-day.com/news/world/20...mber/72045.htm

Yea.school doesnt influence our attitude regarding India. What can I say.....no one is willing to give up Kashmir, and that problem will probably not be solved within our lifetime. siggghhhh

Originally posted by Tony Blade
    Yea.school doesnt influence our attitude regarding India. What can I say.....no one is willing to give up Kashmir, and that problem will probably not be solved within our lifetime. siggghhhh
    Yup No one is willing to give up Kashmir and so no end of problems in sight

You see if we give up Kashmir India controls the water supply to Indus,..well that may or may not be the intent but it is a big reason why peace might not be achieved. Im curious to hear your side of the argument. :
    btw is this section of the forum dead?
    I think, therefore I am.

Originally posted by Tony Blade
    You see if we give up Kashmir India controls the water supply to Indus,..well that may or may not be the intent but it is a big reason why peace might not be achieved. Im curious to hear your side of the argument. :
    btw is this section of the forum dead?
    The only solution at present i think is keeping the present LOC and ending the dispute.

Sorry i don't know much about the Indus Water or given much thought along those lines. My side of the story whatever i know of it. Indus Treaty was signed in 1960 which gives Pakistan control of 3 major rivers while India has the other three. The treaty has been followed even during all these conflicts. Recently India wants to build a dam on one of the Pakistan Controlled river flowing through Indian Kashmir as the state doesn't have enough water but Pak rejected the proposal. Now Ind wants to please Pak and build dam on it according to the proposal of Pak. Indian government has started giving compensation to the Indian J&K State for the problem of water. I know nothing much on this issue as it rarely gets any media attention. It will affect relations if India breaches the treaty and blocks flow of water to Pak but India is not doing that. So not sure whether this issue is that serious to affect indo-pak relations unless someone breaches it. I think India would be happy to set the present Line Of Control as the border and end all this trouble

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Can you get a smaller pic in the sig, please?

How about Kashmiri independence?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Yea sure np. http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthre...406#post158406 :P
    Anyway..yes Kashmiri independance is an option, albeit not a very viable one. Many issues need to be adressed, eg. the election of the new government, How the plebiscites will be held, who will administer them, etc.

Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Can you get a smaller pic in the sig, please?

How about Kashmiri independence?
    It maybe biased but what i know of it from what is written in our books is when 50 yrs back when UN said that a plebiscite should be held so that Kashmiris can decide for themselves who they want to align with , India said that it is only possible if it is held in all of Kashmir and not just in Indian Kashmir. India by then had already lost around 35% Kashmir to China and Pakistan through war. India said that Pak and China should vacate their Kashmir too and plebiscite should be held in all of them but UN didn't take initiative in this and so yet to be resolved. It was best to resolve it then itself. I am not sure now whether it is feasible now. Many people have vacated it and moved into interior India and many have infiltrated into India now. Don't know whether China and Kashmir would agree to hold plebiscite now. Most of all only Indian Kashmir has been facing militant trouble and bloodshed while the other two have been peaceful though sometimes i hear that Pak Kashmiris have not been given the right to vote and filming of demonstrations is not allowed in that area . The militants started killing people who supported India and people of religion other than Islam. So the many people who have vacated that land are supporters of India. Since there has been violence for all these years some people would naturally want to be free. The Indians would then argue that it is direct result of militants from Pakistan creating violence. The other thing is even a small thing happening in India gets reported as India is a democracy and media has no restrictions while the same is not the case in Pak and China. India being an underdeveloped country does not have a proper way of stopping infiltrators from other countries settling in Indian Kashmir. So it it a tricky issue.

Youre right it is biased

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information