Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: The Bombay Lounge

The Bombay Lounge

The fates have me living in Bombay for a few months later this year. Have always wanted to do that as I really like the city's vibe.

So this thread is about all things Bombay. From travelling to the hustle-bustle to the cricket.

My first visit to Bombay was in 2004, and one of my fond memories is going to Prithvi Theatre to watch this play called "All the Best" that was on then. It was about three roommates who were deaf, blind, and mute respectively. Found it hilarious.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Religiously spend my weekends at Colaba and Bandra bandstand. You'll probably find me at Yazdani bakery on weekend evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    Religiously spend my weekends at Colaba and Bandra bandstand. You'll probably find me at Yazdani bakery on weekend evenings.
    Is Yazdani your favorite Irani cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Is Yazdani your favorite Irani cafe?
    It's famous for it's bakery items - brun maska, ginger biscuits and apple pie, they bake everything in very old diesel ovens, love the simplicity. If you wan proper Parsi food, then Sassanian and Co. is quite good, I've been there few times, never tried Britannia and Co., heard it's great.

The most common trait of Iranian cafes I have noticed is that their owners are not too friendly. Or maybe they don't like my face .
    Last edited by Kirkut; 25-03-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    It's famous for it's bakery items - brun maska, ginger biscuits and apple pie, they bake everything in very old diesel ovens, love the simplicity. If you wan proper Parsi food, then Sassanian and Co. is quite good, I've been there few times, never tried Britannia and Co., heard it's great.

The most common trait of Iranian cafes I have noticed is that their owners are not too friendly. Or maybe they don't like my face .
    Nah they are quite crabby, probably for good reason. Brun is awesome. Needs to be exported to all over the country. Love the keema in Iranian cafes too usually. Britannia is expensive as hell nowadays

You mean Mumbai lounge?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Was about to ask, isn't it considered weird and archaic to call it Bombay?
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

The worst traffic I've ever experienced was in Mumbai. Get a place close to work, otherwise it'll be torture every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    It is, kind of. But in local parlance Bombay now refers to the old city proper while Mumbai refers to the entire conglomerate including suburbs and outlying areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    It is, kind of. But in local parlance Bombay now refers to the old city proper while Mumbai refers to the entire conglomerate including suburbs and outlying areas.
    Plus I like Bombay better. So do most of my friends. Have to call it Mumbai when in conversation with localites you don't know though. Some people get pissed off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    The worst traffic I've ever experienced was in Mumbai. Get a place close to work, otherwise it'll be torture every day.
    Yeah thankfully it's quite nearby.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    The fates have me living in Bombay for a few months later this year. Have always wanted to do that as I really like the city's vibe.

So this thread is about all things Bombay. From travelling to the hustle-bustle to the cricket.

My first visit to Bombay was in 2004, and one of my fond memories is going to Prithvi Theatre to watch this play called "All the Best" that was on then. It was about three roommates who were deaf, blind, and mute respectively. Found it hilarious.
    Prithvi Theater is amazing, isn't it? Saw a Makrand Deshpande play there which was such a cool experience. The theater has seats very close and surrounding the performing area making it a special experience.

Last time around, I managed to watch a Ranji game at Wankhede which was a great experience as well. Was happy to see 2500 or so people were in attendance for the game. Usually you don't find so many for a domestic game.

Thread Information