Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Jogging/running

vcs

Jogging/running

I do 10 km in about 70 minutes (can't run all the way through, maybe 30-35 minutes followed by alternate jogs/walking). I want to get under an hour for 10 km.

Last year I did a half marathon in about 2 and a half hours which I was pretty pleased with.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Just cannot do it. When I used to go to coaching for cricket, running was always the hoop I had to jump through to get through to the actual playing. It somehow stuck in my psyche and I find it very difficult to do now. Due to this, my workouts were restricted to just strength training. Started doing some HIIT sprints recently. Way more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

I love to run just have really ****ty stamina.

I'd probably run more if the air wasn't so terrible in HK. Treadmills aren't the same.
    Checkout The Cricket Web Podcast!

Episode 11 - Don't Sue Us

There lie they, and here lie we, Under the spreading chestnut tree
    I can run for reasonable distances if I do it as part of a game/sport etc... But **** running for the sake of running. Get bored after a handful of minutes.
    Marcuss likes this.

cpr
    Waiting for it to stop being so ****ing cold before I start back up again.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Love cross country running, especially if it's wet. Knees are a bit buggered though, and my pace is well down on my youth. This time last year, I was doing 10km in about 52 minutes. This year, I'm doing 5km in 25 minutes but not running anywhere near as much. Running 10km in 50 minutes and keeping my fitness at about that level is my kind of aim. When I was 20ish, I ran 1,500m in 4:31 as my record, but that's a helluva long time ago now!
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    I run with a group after work, that does help with motivation.

If you can't really run for the whole 10k then I think you need to do some other sort of cardio to prepare yourself (slow cycling, long walks even), or you need to have a look at your running technique.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

when you're winning, you have friends
    scores and dozens, real friends
    when you're winning, never lonely
    when you keep winning

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I can run for reasonable distances if I do it as part of a game/sport etc... But **** running for the sake of running. Get bored after a handful of minutes.
    yeah that's it for me too. I'd rather do repeat sprints than jogging
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    I run with a group after work, that does help with motivation.

If you can't really run for the whole 10k then I think you need to do some other sort of cardio to prepare yourself (slow cycling, long walks even), or you need to have a look at your running technique.

Techniques definitely a thing, as is getting the right footwear, but TBH some of us are that unfit that we need to work upto a basic again....

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Love cross country running, especially if it's wet. Knees are a bit buggered though, and my pace is well down on my youth. This time last year, I was doing 10km in about 52 minutes. This year, I'm doing 5km in 25 minutes but not running anywhere near as much. Running 10km in 50 minutes and keeping my fitness at about that level is my kind of aim. When I was 20ish, I ran 1,500m in 4:31 as my record, but that's a helluva long time ago now!

I remember the days when I could easily do sub 5 minute miles.they were about 10 years ago now alas. Think at a push I might be able to push a 5:30-5:45 for 1k now... but the next K would take about 8-9:00

I personally don't believe in cardio. It's a myth imo.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    I generally go at about 4:30-4:45/km according to runkeeper. Was running about 50k a week a few years back, now it's more like 25, and only when I want to get out of the house...Pace has stayed the same, staying power has dramatically declined.
    Parmi

Avatar courtesy of GIMH. I in no way support the English cricket team.

In school I won gold twice in the 1500 meter race. Both times there were about 10 participants including myself with no training whatsoever. What I've learned is that the key to win is to look as confident as you can. Show no weakness or tiredness. For me it was about beating the opponents, not the race. Both times if I had run 10 meter more than the 1500 I actually ran, I would have died. But if you, from the stands, actually saw me running, you would think that I was an olympic champion who's done it a thousand times before.

The second time I ran, there was another guy adopting the same method as me. The only thing you can do then is to hope that he breaks first. When both of us were running alongside at the same pace, I even contemplated if he was actually good, if he had actually done it before, but even then I never broke my act. Thankfully for me, he must have contemplated the same thing because in the last round, he quit.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Rare photo of Burner at the conclusion of his 1500m race - proof he indeed looked like an olympian.

NZTailender likes this.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    The fertang left knee is totally ****ed as a legacy of running on roads between the ages of 20 and 30 - my advice is stick to cross country and get the best shoes you can afford

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information