cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ***Official Teeth Brushing Thread****

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.

***Official Teeth Brushing Thread****

A thread in which to discuss all of the important issues related to brushing one's teeth (of which there are many).

Have recently made the upgrade from a standard brush to an electric one, seems to be doing the job so far. Hopefully will keep my record of never having any fillings intact for a while longer.

Anyway, on to more pressing business. Is it just me, or is it really odd when people brush their teeth before breakfast, and then go and eat straight after? From what I can see this is nonsense on at least two levels. Firstly, there is no point cleaning your teeth just to get them covered in food again a moment or two later. Surely it would be more sensible to just brush them afterwards. Secondly, if you wake up and brush your teeth before breakfast, your breakfast will just taste like toothpaste/taste generally dire. Why would you do this?

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Nibbsesque.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    A thread in which to discuss all of the important issues related to brushing one's teeth (of which there are many).

Have recently made the upgrade from a standard brush to an electric one, seems to be doing the job so far. Hopefully will keep my record of never having any fillings intact for a while longer.

Anyway, on to more pressing business. Is it just me, or is it really odd when people brush their teeth before breakfast, and then go and eat straight after? From what I can see this is nonsense on at least two levels. Firstly, there is no point cleaning your teeth just to get them covered in food again a moment or two later. Surely it would be more sensible to just brush them afterwards. Secondly, if you wake up and brush your teeth before breakfast, your breakfast will just taste like toothpaste/taste generally dire. Why would you do this?
    I do, in fact, do this. Primarily as a result of my mouth feeling unclean when I wake up, making me rather self-conscious about morning breath. So I will shower, brush my teeth, consume breakfast and then brush my teeth a second time before embarking upon my day's endeavours. It is somewhat inexpedient, I do admit, but one must take their dental health seriously!

I hope this has sufficiently enlightened you.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Compete with us
    Smile with us
    Fight on with us
    Dream with us

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I do, in fact, do this. Primarily as a result of my mouth feeling unclean when I wake up, making me rather self-conscious about morning breath. So I will shower, brush my teeth, consume breakfast and then brush my teeth a second time before embarking upon my day's endeavours. It is somewhat inexpedient, I do admit, but one must take their dental health seriously!

I hope this has sufficiently enlightened you.
    6/10.

Post would have been improved had more been done to advance a critical perspective on how teeth brushing before breakfast results in said breakfast tasting ghastly.

2011 and 2015 champ - find me in the Platinum Lounge -
    With regards to brushing before breakfast. I agree on the taste factor however I am advised by a few relatives in the dental profession that brushing after meals is not recommended as you are brushing the food into your teeth.

Also I'm similarly told that if you have an electric toothbrush it's still worth keeping a manual to use from time for time.

Good thread.

One has to brush after waking up as the teeth were not clean for hours while asleep. You can feel the dirtyness in the mouth of you don't brush.

I use a lot of listrine mouthwash. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    One has to brush after waking up as the teeth were not clean for hours while asleep. You can feel the dirtyness in the mouth of you don't brush.

I use a lot of listrine mouthwash. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing..
    Probably depends on what you are using it for.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    With regards to brushing before breakfast. I agree on the taste factor however I am advised by a few relatives in the dental profession that brushing after meals is not recommended as you are brushing the food into your teeth.

Also I'm similarly told that if you have an electric toothbrush it's still worth keeping a manual to use from time for time.

Good thread.
    This is surely the most important of all the relevant factors imo. Anyone who disagrees should go and brush their teeth right now and then immediately attempt to drink a pint of orange juice. Foul.
    cpr likes this.

I don't eat breakfast until I get to work so don't really have this issue

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Probably depends on what you are using it for.
    For washing the mouth obviously..

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    For washing the mouth obviously..
    Yes, very important to keep lubricated.

Dan
    I generally find that the brand of toothpaste I utilise does not have an overpowering taste, so does not impact upon my regular choice of breakfast especially strongly. That being said, I eat Weet Bix, so there's no flavour upon which to impact.

Dan, please comment on the fact you are actually harming your teeth with your second morning brushing

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I generally find that the brand of toothpaste I utilise does not have an overpowering taste, so does not impact upon my regular choice of breakfast especially strongly. That being said, I eat Weet Bix, so there's no flavour upon which to impact.
    This is one of those examples of Australians stupidly renaming products with perfectly good names isn't it?

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Dan, please comment on the fact you are actually harming your teeth with your second morning brushing
    An intriguing theory, and a perspective I have heretofore not seen expressed. I suppose I must peruse the peer-reviewed literature before commenting further.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information