Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: What's a question you've always wanted to ask another forum member?

Once these couple of Scottish guys came on while I was on the Picaddily line, and every time Cockfosters came up, they would laugh their ass off
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Nah, I'm Australian.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Cockfosters on the Piccadilly line is and always will be hilarious.

"This is a Piccadilly line train to Cockfosters". How isn't that funny, it's damn near British Humour at it's best.
    Nate likes this.
    Parmi

I took a photo of the board showing it as a train destination to send to my mate when I was last on the Picadilly line
    Nate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I took a photo of the board showing it as a train destination to send to my mate when I was last on the Picadilly line
    That's because you're a cockfosterer.

Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

@zorax: Would you like your own posts if given the option?
    zorax and Hurricane like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Probably not.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    There have been a few which have really stood out in terms of getting a great result for a really deserving client, but for sheer ball-tearing/ stick it right up the other mob-ness, I would say the case where a bloke who was unlicensed and known to the Police was pulled over by them on a back street in suburban Sydney late one Sunday night. He explained to them he had driven because he was trying to get to a chemist to get asthma medication for his sick daughter.

They told him to lock up his car because they were going to arrest him. He had a really old car which took him a while to lock, and that caused some aggravation to the coppers, who eventually charged him with unlicensed driving, drink driving, assaulting police, resisting arrest and offensive language.

So he goes off to the local court and the cops give their evidence, which says this bloke carried on and was well deserving of everything that came his way, and that his injuries were caused by him struggling with them. We suggest to the cops that in fact they were lying, and put an alternative version of events to them, which they rejected.

So we call our first witness who, much to the surprise of the arresting officers, wasn't our client, but rather the first of three separate home owners in the quiet street where the cops had pulled him over, who had been awoken by the lights and sirens and seen the police approach this bloke as he was trying to lock his car, belt him over the head with a baton then proceed to kick the living **** out of him while he was on the ground. None of the home owners knew our client at all, but he had gone back the next day and knocked on doors asking people if they had seen or heard anything.

So the magistrate is by now livid, adjourns the case for two weeks at which time he orders the police to show cause why he should not report their behaviour to the Ombudsman and the Attorney General and to give reasons why they should remain members of the NSW Police Force.

A fortnight later we turn up expecting the charges to be withdrawn, but the cops have brought along a rep from Internal Affairs who, in possibly the greatest single misjudgement I have ever seen in 22 years of legal practice, proceeds to defend the cops, and address the magistrate as to why the charges should be proven. Needless to say, this didn't go down well with the magistrate, who dismissed the charges - even the unlicensed driving charge, which was a given, wished my bloke all the best, referred the Police to the AG and had them charged with perjury before they were turfed out of the Police Force.

Then we brought a civil case against the Crown for unlawful arrest and malicious prosecution and settled that out of court for $450K (plus costs, of course). I'd say it was probably the most satisfying case I'd ever run. To see these two coppers who'd just pummelled this bloke for no valid reason get taken down was a thing of beauty. Loved every minute of it. The look on their faces when the witness gave his address as being in the street where it all happened was priceless.
    That's awesome! Nicely done.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Tozzer:

How do you feel about your old Battrick team now being called Pakistan All Starz?
    Nate and NZTailender like this.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Do many of you still play?
    Jesus brings life eternal

As far as I can see, 3 CW'ers are still active (though I'm sure I'm missing some). Me, Dauthy boy and nibbsy recently came back.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    The reason I first happened upon CW was in trying to find out wtf Battrick was - never did work it out

What's there to find out? It's a brower-based cricket management sim where you train and play imaginary players.
    zorax and NZTailender like this.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information