Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Innocent comments or racial slurs??

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    wat.

...........is my contribution to the thread.
    Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Jono tbf, aside from the bigots, people probably give you funny looks when you're with your bird because they are surprised you've managed to get one
    wat.

TC copying GIMH for material now.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    **** off, I worked hard for that dufferheh.
    Jono likes this.

andmark likes this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    They're probably more concerned about his white chinos than his white anything else tbh.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    ffs

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    There's one Piper posted, and then there's another unrelated video of Dicko's friends which is really, really bad.

This is it, for anyone who is brave enough:

I swear there's one of Piper recording Richard, rather than the other way around.

Yeah, there is. Since I am in a procrastinating mood, I will look for it. Don't say I'm not good to you.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Not doing a tl;dr version of that either - congrats if you read the whole thing.
    damn

scrolling back to the top then i guess
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    wat.

Not all of us are chemist cop pilot guitar players but it's still possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I'll just give you my anecdote - not speaking for anyone else or any other group as to how they feel.

I don't really have any indian friends - maybe one. So most groups I hang out with are exclusively white, and sometimes with a few African Americans or Hispanic people.
    Now usually I don't really define myself by my ethnicity since I grew up in the US in a place where I didn't hang out with lot of immigrants.

So usually even though I'm the only "brown" person there, I really forget about that fact. But sometimes I'm reminded of it by a comment or a question. Mind you - these are NOT racist in any way shape or form. They are usually innocuous jokes or legitimate questions that I might be wondering too, in their position. But being honest, and maybe this says something about me, sometimes those things bother me. Not because they had racist intentions - not at all - but because it sometimes makes me feel like I'm not part of the group. It singles me out, which sometimes does bother me.

Now I imagine if those comments were racist more often, I can very easily see how I could become hypersensitive to language and phrases. Many phrases that people think are normal part of the language are designed to single people out. For example, "black magic" - it may make me think "you mean I didn't work as hard as the other people - or did something different compared to them? If you wouldn't use that phrase on other players, don't use it on me."

The point is that I know it's impossible to be truly colorblind but you have to realize that just the simple act of singling people out because of their race can be uncomfortable sometimes even if you had no malicious intentions behind it.

So imagine now how someone might feel if the comments or questions had even a little bit of history racism behind them.
    I basically came here to share a similar story.

I came to the US as an awkward 14 year old so the culture change was just ridiculous, and in high school of all places, it was incredibly tough to try and fit in or feel even the least bit accepted. It didn't help that my school had very little diversity, almost none.

So fast forward a few years to where I'm an awkward adult working on the shop floor. I used to work with a bunch of technicians that had a similar skillset as mine and we would constantly shoot the **** and talk about whatever. Every once in a while we'd be sitting in a room somewhere having a chat when someone would bring up something relatively innocent but stereotypical/mildly racist that made me take a step back and realize that I'm in a room full of white people and that I'm different. Now while there's nothing wrong with what they would typically say, it certainly made me uncomfortable and took me out of the moment or the conversation, bringing back feelings of the high school years where I was made to feel like I had to prove myself worthy of inclusion.

Once again, the comments were almost entirely innocent, so for me to talk to them about it was difficult since I knew they would then take an extremely conservative approach when talking to me which is also undesirable. Really, the best approach is to just leave those types things out of a conversation.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for US born people who look different to be constantly asked about where they're from. Like where they're really from.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Get ready to cringe, people.

It's like the start of a Criminal Minds episode. Dicko would be the perfect Unsub.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    How would you know?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Friday morning ****ness from Burgey

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information