Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Should anti-tattoo discrimination be illegal?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity

Should anti-tattoo discrimination be illegal?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    No. I see the point, especially with the cultural heritage of some societies, but I don't think so. Perhaps I can be convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Some Gold Coast nightclubs now ban visible ink

Given that this is Bogan Central, there must be something to it

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    You should be able to discriminate, but only in extreme situations. I can appreciate a nice sleeve, or something subtle, and have a tattoo myself, but if you get your face or neck tattoo'd, or are happy walking around with a massive visible "tribal" piece, you deserve to get discriminated against, as you look like a ****.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    No. I see the point, especially with the cultural heritage of some societies, but I don't think so. Perhaps I can be convinced.
    Yeah, I am largely the same. If an employer does not want somebody with a tattoo representing their organisation or whatever then that is their prerogative as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    You should be able to discriminate, but only in extreme situations. I can appreciate a nice sleeve, or something subtle, and have a tattoo myself, but if you get your face or neck tattoo'd, or are happy walking around with a massive visible "tribal" piece, you deserve to get discriminated against, as you look like a ****.
    I don't see the consistency in your logic here. You say you think people with tribal tattoos look like ****s, but what about people who think those with sleeve tattoos look like ****s?

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, I am largely the same. If an employer does not want somebody with a tattoo representing their organisation or whatever then that is their prerogative as far as I can see.
    What if an employer does not want a female representing their organisation? A non-white? A non-heterosexual? A Muslim? A communist? Someone who is overweight or wears glasses?

What makes a tattoo different to any of the things you can't discriminate based upon? Especially in the case of a small butterfly or something equally unimportant?
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    You choose to ink a butterfly into your skin, you don't choose to be female, black or gay.

I don't see the consistency in your logic here. You say you think people with tribal tattoos look like ****s, but what about people who think those with sleeve tattoos look like ****s?
    I guess there is no consistency, just my dislike for tribal, but my point definitely stands in regards to face/neck tattoos.
    harsh.ag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What if an employer does not want a female representing their organisation? A non-white? A non-heterosexual? A Muslim? A communist? Someone who is overweight or wears glasses?

What makes a tattoo different to any of the things you can't discriminate based upon? Especially in the case of a small butterfly or something equally unimportant?
    Come on, discriminating on the basis of race or sexuality is completely different to doing so on the basis of whether or not somebody has a tattoo, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    I guess there is no consistency, just my dislike for tribal, but my point definitely stands in regards to face/neck tattoos.
    Fair enough I guess. I believe most employers, who do not allow tattoos, only deploy a no visible tattoos rule. So that would fit in with what you are proposing.

Trying to enforce a rule whereby someone attempted to ban their employees from having any tattoos whatsoever would undoubtedly be unlawful.

Come on, discriminating on the basis of race or sexuality is completely different to doing so on the basis of whether or not somebody has a tattoo, and you know it.
    Dan only posed the question because you didn't answer it properly and you know it
    Dan likes this.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Dan only posed the question because you didn't answer it properly and you know it
    I should have thought the fact that no questions had yet been asked of me would provide ample explanation as to why I had not answered any.

sucked in to all the bandwagoners getting tatts like sheep
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Indeed. Jade Dernbach for instance, should definitely be discriminated against.
    Jono, Hurricane and BeeGee like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Must admit it is off putting for some reason when you are getting fresh food from a shop and you can see loads of tattoos on display be it hands, arms or neck.

Does that mean I live in the dark ages? Maybe but then again I have never felt the need to get a tattoo as I think they look crap.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information