Thread: Russia and China Deal

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

Russia and China Deal

Russia and China have signed a 30 year gas deal worth $400bn. They have also agreed to deal in local currencies and bypass the dollar.

Russia signs 30-year deal worth $400bn to deliver gas to China | World news | theguardian.com

Russia, China sign deal to bypass U.S. dollar | Al Jazeera America

The Chinese have managed to get it at a cheaper price than what the Russians wanted.

In addition, the Russians will also be helping the Chinese develop a long distance Airliner to compete with Airbus and Boeing.

Putin looks to improve China relations amid rising tensions with the west | World news | theguardian.com

It will be interesting to see how Europe and the US react to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Wow thats like 400 The Dark Knights.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

if i were putin atm (at the moment) i would attack croatia.
    You take my pawn, I take your rook. You take my bishop, I take your queen. You take my knight, I buy Mayfair. Because while you were busy playing chess, I've been playing Monopoly the entire time.

Cant imagine that there will be any reaction whatsoever as both countries are major players in the world's energy markets and transact with many western countries on a daily basis

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    My worry is about gas prices going up.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I don't know that this is a good development for the Australian gas industry, which I think was hoping to supply a lot to China. But I don't really know a great deal about that industry tbh, other than there's about to be about a 30% rise in domestic gas prices in Australia.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I don't know that this is a good development for the Australian gas industry, which I think was hoping to supply a lot to China. But I don't really know a great deal about that industry tbh, other than there's about to be about a 30% rise in domestic gas prices in Australia.
    Australian gas companies sell every square foot of LNG that they produce on long term contracts to countries like China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan e.g. Woodside is on track to become one of the world's largest producers but does not have any surplus gas available for at least 15 years

Typical gas contract is 20-30 years as long-term contracts are required as security for the massive investment required to build liquefaction plants, etc

In summary, this is nothing unusual
    Last edited by social; 26-05-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Cheers. Appreciate that.

If it was something potentially bad for Australia, I was going to blame the Carbon Tax.

The age-old issue facing Australia energy consumers is that all energy production in this country is in the hands of the private sector and they are naturally going to sell to the highest bidder.

On the plus side, the Oz government collects a royalty (typically 7%) on sales and is not responsible for funding the well/mine/etc.

Therefore, we should be compensated for high energy prices by cheaper/better services funded by these royalties

Sounds good in theory anyway

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Russia and China have signed a 30 year gas deal worth $400bn. They have also agreed to deal in local currencies and bypass the dollar.

Russia signs 30-year deal worth $400bn to deliver gas to China | World news | theguardian.com

Russia, China sign deal to bypass U.S. dollar | Al Jazeera America

The Chinese have managed to get it at a cheaper price than what the Russians wanted.

In addition, the Russians will also be helping the Chinese develop a long distance Airliner to compete with Airbus and Boeing.

Putin looks to improve China relations amid rising tensions with the west | World news | theguardian.com

It will be interesting to see how Europe and the US react to this.
    This is just meh
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

School Boy/Girl Captain auditor's Avatar
    Dollar gets more russian ruble. The cost of gas will increase.

Thread Information