Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Lift your game

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar

Icon4 Lift your game

I log in here to be entertained. Be it OT, GSF or CC.

Lately it's been garbage. I know there's only been the Numpty Premier League recently, but let's get our **** together, eh?

Mods, implement a policy whereby all "All Time Great" threads are immediately closed from here on in, and the thread originator has their genitals fed to a mob of hungry crows. "Oooooooh, **** me. We're playing Mars this week. Is it home or away?" How about this for and answer: No we aren't, and no one gives a **** because it's been done to death.

Likewise with Draft threads. Is there anything more tedious than the 80th draft thread which is exactly the same as every other ****ing draft thread but which gets a different title and is therefore meant to represent some breakthrough in CW interaction? It's beyond boring. It's mind numbingly inane. I was tempted to join the last 65 draft threads if only to deliberately miss my turn in order to delay the next post which would leave everyone on the cusp of tedium. And to piss off watson (a noble ideal, to be fair). "All Time Test draft"; "All Time ODI Draft"; "Speed Draft"; "Slow Draft"; "Bang you head against a brick wall it's ANOTHER ****ING DRAFT". Enough.

Also, immediately implement a policy whereby only members with 500 plus posts can start a thread. Weed out the riff raff. I don't want to read the ramblings of some newbie on why Rohit Sharma gives him a hard on or why some bloke from Delhi is going to be the fastest bowler in the world. I want to read that rambling from an established, proven poster. Someone with a proven track record of being wrong.

I know international cricket is quite boring at the moment because Sri Lanka is touring England, and let's be honest, Sri Lanka touring anywhere is the cricketing equivalent of a Valium over dose; but can't we have some threads in Cricket Chat which aren't recapitulations of the same tired arguments by the same people who, sadly, never seem to tire of it themselves?

Turning to OT.

Off Topic is on life support. Activity in OT at the moment is like the self awareness of those who continually post Draft and ATG threads in CC - virtually non-existent. There was a brief flurry during BOTM, but since then it's been tragic. It's even got to the point where I've had to read an Agent Nationaux thread about Halal Meat to see what was going on, ffs. Of course, not much was. But desperate times called for desperate measures. The rest of it is threads about TV shows ffs. It's pathetic. I don't want to read what some amateur ****ing reviewer thinks about the latest Game of Thrones episode, and how it fits in with some ****ed up theory of the real world. It's like going to church and having some trumped up member of the laity preach instead of the bloke whose job it is to actually bring some insight to an (albeit ancient and irrelevant) piece of scripture. It's not on. Is this all that's going on in the collective lives of the membership of a once great Forum? Sadly, knowing the online personae of many members, I suspect it is. Nevertheless, make something up ffs. You've all got fertile imaginations - half of you even think you know something about cricket, and the other half believe (albeit erroneously) they have some insight into politics. Use those fertile nurseries of the ridiculous. FFS, entertain me.

About the only area of the site which seems to have maintained some semblance of decency is General Sport, though I fear for that part of the site now the European Football season has drawn to a close, and we may therefore see less of the excellent Grecian and his ilk in those threads. Sure, there's some decent AFL/ NRL content because the action is ongoing, and I've even made a semi-serious post in the Rugby thread. But that aside, there's nothing. Zilch. Niente. Nada. The World Cup holds some hope for redemption, but I suspect time zones won't help an awful lot for the antipodean community; while we all know the England crew will lose interest after three weeks when their mob bows out in ignominy. That will leave the small, but typically loud and ignorant North American members to prosper in the World Cup subbie, and most of their posts will be questioning why the players don't wear helmets.

It's getting very, very bad.

I strongly recommend the polices I've suggested be implemented post-haste. That, or make me a Mod. I'll liven up the place.

Lift your collective game. The lot of you.
    Nate, Smudge, Hurricane and 8 others like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    It all went wrong when Jono won BOTM, ImO
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Shut it, Manilla Boy

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    There's only one l in Manila. Have some respect ffs

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    If you want it done right, do it yourself IMO.

Lead us out of our self-imposed squalor of ignorance! Help us soar above the mundane! Lead us, oh great Burgey, inspire us to be better!
    Samuel_Vimes and smalishah84 like this.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    well if you caught a bus forgetting you drove more often then maybe we would have something to talk about
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I've tried, Dan.

I've cajoled, nurtured, encouraged, mentored and then abused the living **** out of so many members of this forum. Sadly though, many of these imbeciles are still here. Others haven't got the message. I don't know that there's any more I can do other than issue this good natured, public plea for a lift in the standard of positing across the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    well if you caught a bus forgetting you drove more often then maybe we would have something to talk about
    See, this is the standard of thing I'm referring to in the OP; and the typically low rent stuff from Flem.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    us shorties have no choice but to take the low hanging fruit tbf, which is usually jokes about you.

Dan
    or Jono. Don't forget jokes about Jono.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Definitely should have a post count limit to start a thread.

Only exception should be for the coaching forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Dan

No. No I'm not.

Cricket Chat peaked around Monkeygate. GSF peaked when Arsenal and Man fans were posting all the time.

Dan
    DisappointingTSTL.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information