Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To The New Zealand Public

Cricket Spectator

To The New Zealand Public

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your attention.

This is from UniJustice, a group of applicants who was directly hurt by the retroactive items of the new immigration bills approved early July this year.

We do not doubt if a new immigration rule is good or necessary for New Zealand, this is an internal business of New Zealand and we fully respect this as a right of an independent nation.

The only thing shock us is the retroactive power of the new bills.

We believe our applications were lodged strictly under the New Zealand Immigration Act of the time and by that act our applications should get a positive result, or we would not even have a try at that time.

We believe our every step and every spend is depend on the requires and directions of the NZIS including both what must been done and where to get them, like medical check, IELTS, NZQA qualification assessment etc.

We believe if there is a rule would apply to us, New Zealand should let us know that BEFORE we trying to follow instead of lead us nowhere and then hurt us later.

We believe if any trend appeared that there would be more immigrants than New Zealand can take, the pass mark and/or rules should be adjusted flexibly and frequently to stop people before they lodge their applications during the post two years.

But now we've gotten a signal.

We've received a message from New Zealand government and Parliament that we are going to be punished, that we are guilty because we trusted the New Zealand law and even tried to follow it, that we are not going to be compensated, that we don't have right to appeal, that we don't have human rights or maybe we were already judged as not being human just because our choice is New Zealand.

It was somehow possible that this message could be a good one for someone or even New Zealand right this moment because the so-called white elephant, the incoming flow of 10 thousand skilled and well educated applicants is over, who cares it was coming under the requires of the Immigration Service? But we don't believe it will be a positive signal to any trade partner of New Zealand, or any New Zealander or ones who intend to be.

If New Zealand is really ready to tell people that no matter how hard you trying to follow the New Zealand current laws and no matter how legal your benefits come under the current laws, you can not feel safe, because New Zealand may and have willing to take it over from your hand at any time via a simply retroactive bill?

We do not believe this but the question exists and we are right here waiting for an answer.

Please tell us how you feel about this issue on the forum at http://www.UniJustice.net , or write to the Parliament or government.

Thank you very much,

UniJustice Team
    www.unijustice.org

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    our government just release the new bill for some reason , to stop immigrants coming ..

i think some of the reasons are that :

there are a lot of immigrants currently in new zealand and the country is trying to sort out the problem of everyone getting a job and settling down , and not living on the benefit.

also i think its mainly a move to get support for the government when the elections come up..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Just remember New Zealand only has a population of around 4 million and it's highly debatable as to whether it's infrastructure will be able to support a larger population. As Reuben said they need to sort things out and become more stable again. Just think of what happened when a sporting team, the New Zealand Rugby Team ("The All Blacks"), happened to get knocked out in teh Semi-Finals of the Rugby World Cup. The then booming(to some extent) economy experienced a severe drop.

Having said that is is a very harsh decision and I do feel for you. But these decisions have to be made and people have to miss out. You just happened to be one of the unlucky one's who chose the wrong time.

Australia would have been the better option over New Zealand, although waiting lists are pretty huge.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

yea also i heard its a lot harder to get into australia than new zealand a lot harder..

and i guess its not only you but many other people around the world who would be legitimate refugees looking to leave their country and come to our beautiful country .. but the problem that is internally until everything is fully sorted i doubt they would change the bill anywhere in the near future .. also the support for the bill by the public is strong so to keep the power in parliament i doubt labour would make any change in the next 3-4 years..

Also many people have been coming to new zealand lately and using it as a backdoor to australia or another country .. using our benefits.. and that hasn't helped our relationship with other countries.. such tiny problems add to the whole thing..

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    meh

The government does make some silly decisions, but not all are that silly. I'm pleased with their foreshore plans. Its the way to go fo sho.

If we let in a bunch of unskilled immigrants in, what good can they possibly achieve for NZ. For sure, if someone has a University Degree let them in. They have something to offer. But if all their going to do, is sit around all day waiting for their weekly benefit I will not put up with it.

I think if immigrants come to NZ they should leave certain aspects of their culture behind. All the Muslims in France chose to live their, so why can't they just conform and live how all French people are meant to live. Its just stupid, it really is...
    "Matt Damon"

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by nibblet
    I think if immigrants come to NZ they should leave certain aspects of their culture behind. All the Muslims in France chose to live their, so why can't they just conform and live how all French people are meant to live. Its just stupid, it really is...
    What a nice attitude towards your fellow man that is.

That sort of comment is extremely ignorant of other cultures throughout the world.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

All:

This is a very sensitive topic for all concerned. Please try not to make highly opinionated posts that may very well cause friction.

No discussion of the flaws of races will be tolerated.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
    yea also i heard its a lot harder to get into australia than new zealand a lot harder..
    thats true. your country could be blowing itself up and you try and get in here and you get chucked onto some ****ty island.

lot of things talked about ehre are people leaving the bush...maybe they should ease up on the immigration law and instead of putting them in detention centres for 3 years..perhaps put them in the bush before allowing them to live in the major cities. hmm.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Spectator
    Here they should either let them stay or send them back. Makes no sense to lock them up for three. That just achieves nothing

send them back
    they wouldnt do that because the whole point of them refugee'in to australia would be gone..

Pinball Champion!
    40,000 "gypsies" expected in England when former Eastern Bloc countries join the EU...

Great :!(
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Originally posted by Mr.Freeman
    Makes no sense to lock them up for three. That just achieves nothing
    I think your find that they are placed into detention centres while their applications are pending, as you could guess say 1 million cases as a example, it's not just a case of turning up and saying "Your In" "Your Not" "Your Not" "Your In" there is alot of paper work and legal stuff around each case.

The point of detention centres though is probley quite simply to know where the people are while their applications are pending... iam not saying all would but if some people are so desprate to get into a country if you was in, would you ever go back to the centres to find out if they were sending you back.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    40,000 "gypsies" expected in England when former Eastern Bloc countries join the EU...

Great :!(
    Clearly they're all planning to become workshy layabout criminals living off the state..

Nothing like a nice big predjudicial generalisation, is ther? :rolleyes:
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

PY
    Like saying all gingers are annoying? :P
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by PY
    Like saying all gingers are annoying? :P
    What's that phrase? Pots and Kettles?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information