Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

A thread to discuss HBOís Game of Thrones show. The normal TV thread can get overwhelmed with posts about GoT, so I figured to give the show its very own thread. First, let me establish some ground rules:

(1) Absolutely NO spoilers from the book series (A Song of Ice and Fire) the show is based on. If it hasnít been shown in the TV show, donít discuss it. If you want to talk about upcoming events, or the book series in general, do so in the book thread.

(2) Once an episode airs, feel free to discuss its content without any regards to spoilers. I would hope people would only open this thread after watching the latest episode.

Iím not above handing out infractions for breaking these rules! Now, discuss away.

Season 4 returns April 6th. Here are some previews to wet the appetite:

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Should be another great season as, with season 3 it's based on imo the best book in the series. Can't wait
    Proud member of the Indian STFU: Sane Tendulkar Fanboy Union.
    Our motto: Sachin WAG, Don>>>Sachin

The end of last season was such a huge collection of everything going to **** that I kind of fell out with game of thrones. That said I'll end up being suckered back in just because it's so pervasive.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    I won't be watching it after last year's shenanigans.
    nightprowler10 likes this.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    omg the dragons have become bigger :3

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    They are going to go big right from the start of this season and those who have read the book know what that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    They are going to go big right from the start of this season and those who have read the book know what that is.
    I thought we'd have a thread to keep this guff out...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah those "not a spoiler" comments are just as bad as proper spoilers. Knowing something big is about to happen still ruins it a bit even if you don't know what that is.
    nightprowler10 and Jono like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    What I like about the TV show is how they shine light on stuff we never see in the books and they do it earlier. Tywin, Theon and Ramsay Snow all get way more screen time and I love love love Charles Dance's portrayal of Tywin. The conversations between Varys and Littlefinger when they're on their own are great too and because each book chapter follows a POV and they've never been POV characters to date book readers didn't get to see that stuff.

They;re going to have to start fiddling with the timeline a bit since we're almost at the bit where GRRM would dedicate books to stuff happening in one geographical area rather than follow everybody but it would be weird for the show to do that. I hope it means we get to see the likes of Bran run concurrent with everyone else rather than him go missing for two seasons.

I'm just a bit worried this season will be the shows apex for years followed by a crash and burn since we have to plow through A Feast For Crows and parts of A Dance With Dragons after this and lets be honest AFFC is one of the most boring books in existence. **** all happens. Normally they could condense Feast and Dance into one season imo but they will probably want to avoid passing GRRM if they can and we know how fast he writes...
    Last edited by Flem274*; 28-03-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Yeah the best scenes for me have been the completely original ones which weren't in the books at all. Especially the Arya-Tywin scenes. When I heard they'd have actual conversations I was really sceptical but boy did they pull it off perfectly. Love both Charles Dance as well as the girl who plays Arya

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    What I like about the TV show is how they shine light on stuff we never see in the books and they do it earlier. Tywin, Theon and Ramsay Snow all get way more screen time and I love love love Charles Dance's portrayal of Tywin. The conversations between Varys and Littlefinger when they're on their own are great too and because each book chapter follows a POV and they've never been POV characters to date book readers didn't get to see that stuff.

They;re going to have to start fiddling with the timeline a bit since we're almost at the bit where GRRM would dedicate books to stuff happening in one geographical area rather than follow everybody but it would be weird for the show to do that. I hope it means we get to see the likes of Bran run concurrent with everyone else rather than him go missing for two seasons.

I'm just a bit worried this season will be the shows apex for years followed by a crash and burn since we have to plow through A Feast For Crows and parts of A Dance With Dragons after this and lets be honest AFFC is one of the most boring books in existence. **** all happens. Normally they could condense Feast and Dance into one season imo but they will probably want to avoid passing GRRM if they can and we know how fast he writes...
    Wouldn't say no to a one-year hiatus if required.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I reckon he can get the next book out before the show gets to it but there is no way we will see A Dream of Spring out before the show catches up even if they do a one year hiatus. I think it's more likely the show will do what Spartacus did when the main actor got cancer and died - make a prequel on Robert's Rebellion. You could conceivably get two seasons out of it and buy GRRM time. Problem is the prequels might have to dodge around any still unanswered questions from that time.

Why are you all talking about the books and how future ones are boring etc.

Fusion, infract Flem
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information