cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 264 of 277 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4148
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I mean, there are no shades of grey to Dany now though. She was undoubtedly someone capable of both good and bad in literally every episode before this one.
    Not sure this is true. Her actions may be irredeemable but that doesn't really mean she is incapable of doing good things. Not that it matters in any context related to the show.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Well without that, Jon and therefore Dany wouldn't know he was Aegon. Without that she's not gone quite so insanely paranoid and for my money doesn't burn the city.
    True, but I was more referring to Bran being able to effectively spy on Cersei & co from afar, which would completely eradicate any chance of Euron pulling a magical surprise attack. He also has knowledge of the entire history of Westeros and yet nobody bothers to talk to him about anything and the whole point of him becoming the Three-eyed Raven seems to have been bait for the Night King, which feels pretty flat.
    GIMH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridio View Post
    True, but I was more referring to Bran being able to effectively spy on Cersei & co from afar, which would completely eradicate any chance of Euron pulling a magical surprise attack. He also has knowledge of the entire history of Westeros and yet nobody bothers to talk to him about anything and the whole point of him becoming the Three-eyed Raven seems to have been bait for the Night King, which feels pretty flat.
    Also on Bran - what was the point of what he did while he was waiting for the Night King? He told Theon that he was going to go, but wherever he went and whatever he did had absolutely no impact.
    Daemon likes this.

This season sucked imo. I thought the last episode was majestic because of the total **** that preceded it. Given the first 4 episodes, episode 5 was as good as anything I could've hoped for. However now that I think about it, only when I've seen episode 5 do I realize how much I wanted it and would have missed it if the show went any other way. I thought the Night King arc was silly but at least with the last episode I can get behind the show again.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Well without that, Jon and therefore Dany wouldn't know he was Aegon. Without that she's not gone quite so insanely paranoid and for my money doesn't burn the city.

She wasn't worried about people not liking her when Cersei was her only threat. Once the people's champ himself was a perceived threat, she needed fear.

My prediction next week FWIW is she tries to burn Jon and then lol she can't because he's a Targ, oops, off with her head
    I think she doesn't do it if she feels she has literally one other person she can rely on and trust (who can later say "yo don't do this") and I do think she still wants Jon to be that person, despite everything else. But as soon as he more or less rejects her, that's basically it as far as any sources of wisdom goes and then it's just fire and blood.

Mind you, a lot of people have taken it as basically the crazy ex-girlfriend trope and it's not hard to see why.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I thought episode 2 was a wonderful little episode which felt like classic game of thrones where the plot didn't necessarily leap forward but had plenty of nice character moments like brienne being knighted, Tyrion over filling pod's goblet, Sam giving Jorah the sword, Sansa and Theon's reunion, and Jon revealing his parentage to Dany... all well written and acted. The impending-doom tone was undone by the battle being a bit of a fart but I still appreciated what that episode accomplished.

The other 4 have varied from decent to terrible but that one was genuinely great for what it was. It probably ended up hurting the episodes that came later since they had to rush through so much plot though.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 16-05-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Would be interested if you would still say the same if you went back and watched the entire show again with the ultimate outcome in the back of your mind. It's what I am doing at the moment, and as I say, when you know to look for them, the warning signs are written all over it from very early on.
    Well, yeah. There were a number of things that made me go wtf in earlier seasons about Dany's actions and reactions. For example, Drogo at one point swore that he would lead an attack on Westros. In that monologue he said among other things he will rape their women. Dany stood unmoved and for a woman herself that seemed odd. There were many other such instances. I stopped and paused for a bit but then gave her a pass because that's what happens in those times and in those warring tribes. Now knowing what she turned into, I wouldn't rationalize that as not in conflict of mercy and empathy she otherwise demonstrates.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I think it was a split second decision in anger. The background was just that she was capable of it.
    Is it a split second decision in anger though when she's going back and forth again and again on her dragon killing everyone in her path? I mean yeah, the first breath of fire I can see, but after that everything is the doing of someone for whom cruelty is a true nature.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    I thought episode 2 was a wonderful little episode which felt like classic game of thrones where the plot didn't necessarily leap forward but had plenty of nice character moments like brienne being knighted, Tyrion over filling pod's goblet, Sam giving Jorah the sword, Sansa and Theon's reunion, and Jon revealing his parentage to Dany... all well written and acted. The impending-doom tone was undone by the battle being a bit of a fart but I still appreciated what that episode accomplished.

The other 4 have varied from decent to terrible but that one was genuinely great for what it was. It probably ended up hurting the episodes that came later since they had to rush through so much plot though.
    Yeh I thought episode two was decent as well
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar

It felt more like an early season episode than any of the others.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Episode 1 - fine
    Episode 2 - good
    Episode 3 - awful
    Episode 4 - not terrible but still has the awful smell of the last episode on it, and the Rhaegal death was super underwhelming
    Episode 5 - genuinely controversial - I personally thought it was mostly gun
    Daemon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    nah not having any defense of the writers at all meridio. they sealed their fate when they went on record as saying they wrapped up the north plotline and rerouted the lynch to arya purely to subvert our expectations. that's not clever, that's not quality, that's just cheap. trope killing still requires a good plot arc and proper foreshadowing like grrm does. plus if they wanted to trope kill then they should have made the white walkers more than just pure evil, as grrm is on record as saying they are.

they've written good show only scenes before, but this season sucks.
    The Mountain killing Oberyn was a good example of turning things slightly, even though anyone who was half smart should figure out Tyrion winning another battle for his life by proxy would probably be unlikely. That scene played out masterfully well. The one with Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    The Mountain killing Oberyn was a good example of turning things slightly, even though anyone who was half smart should figure out Tyrion winning another battle for his life by proxy would probably be unlikely. That scene played out masterfully well. The one with Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger, not so much.
    Oberyn was probably the last great character they brought into the show. Cracking actor hamming it up superbly and that Tywin v Tyrion plot was really incredible. Tyrion especially not been half as interesting since killing Daddy.

The battle between Oberyn and Mountain and heck even the battle between Brienne and The Hound had much more tension than Cleganbowl.

Random thought not really connected to anything but GoT needed more Tim Van Patten.

Were D&D really bound to stick with the book ending? If they can take so much liberty in how they get to end I doubt there was any binding contract to stick to how Martin will end it.

I believe they are not good enough writers to handle subtle and controversial things on their own hence some of the mess we have seen in last two seasons.I would have preferred if they were sticking to simple hollywood tropes of good guys beat the bad guys as Jon Snow ends the long night by killing night king in an epic one on one battle. It would have kept the masses happy and they would have done a better job on this then what they have been trying to do by following the book ending and making a total mess on the journey of how they get there.

Thread Information