cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 261 of 266 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 3986
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Cersei watching death coming to her through the window is somewhat like the way Jon was staring at the Bolton army coming at him during the BoB.
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

This is what I would have changed in the last episode:

After Lannister army surrenders, Dany goes looking for Cersei to avenge killing of her dragon and Missandei. Cersie escapes Red Keep and mingles with common folks to save herself. Not able to locate where in the town Cersei is, Dany decides to burn the entire town.

Would have served the mad queen turn while lending it bit more believability. I do like the mad queen turn as such. Pretty sure they would have thought about that though.
    Last edited by ankitj; 15-05-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

I don't loath that idea whatsoever, but Cersei despises the common folk and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual. She could never blend in with them whatsoever. I did read elsewhere that maybe instead of killing of the dragon last episode, this episode would have been better all round. Euron would have looked stronger taking out one dragon also.

Cersei been passive on reflection isn't as silly as I initially thought. She is not a war general like her father whatsoever, all her forces were butchered so quickly. The Golden company, Lanister forces and Euron's crew. Heck Qyburn the only person she respects in the show had to spell it out to her a few times that she doomed.
    Last edited by Niall; 15-05-2019 at 09:45 AM.

From what I've been reading, a lot of people find Dany's change to be a sort of change of a switch. They'e held her as a 'good' and I can see it being confusing if you've held that view. I've no problem with her going "mad" because I've always felt her as a character that wants to do **** like this but gets counseled against it by her advisers and acquiesces. As such it was easy for me to be sold on her doing the scorching.
    Prince EWS likes this.

2011 and 2015 champ - find me in the Platinum Lounge -
    She’s been itching to do it ever since she got to Dragonstone

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    From what I've been reading, a lot of people find Dany's change to be a sort of change of a switch. They'e held her as a 'good' and I can see it being confusing if you've held that view. I've no problem with her going "mad" because I've always felt her as a character that wants to do **** like this but gets counseled against it by her advisers and acquiesces. As such it was easy for me to be sold on her doing the scorching.
    I think a lot of people have viewed her as the main heroine (and hooking up with Jon, the main hero, would have only reinforced that). Her having to be dissuaded from drastic action by her advisors would have been seen by a slight character flaw by those holding her up, and to be fair it's not an unreasonable interpretation.

But now it's become apparent that it was actually sowing the seeds by showing that she always had it in her to go mad. And it does make sense storywise - Missandei and Jorah were her two closest companions but are now dead, she's lost two of her dragons, she's been let down by her advisors with Varys plotting against her and Tyrion having a string of failures, and she's been rejected by Jon who is also a threat to her rule having a good claim for the Iron Throne even if he says he doesn't want it. So her snapping hasn't come out of nowhere, but it probably needed to have be built up to more rather than it being a little on the sudden side.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    I don't think people take her snapping so much as the issue, but how they've portrayed the snap - or descent into 'madness' which i'd prefer to think of it as, rather than a 'snap'.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Cersei been passive on reflection isn't as silly as I initially thought. She is not a war general like her father whatsoever, all her forces were butchered so quickly. The Golden company, Lanister forces and Euron's crew. Heck Qyburn the only person she respects in the show had to spell it out to her a few times that she doomed.
    While this is true, the was foresight enough to develop the Scorpions and she enlisted the Golden Company. I get there's not much that can be done to stop dragon fire, but the whole battle was a real let down. There was speculation about dragon armour, which I could've bought, but it was just Dany flying around a bit and then obliterating everything, when in the episode before the Scorpions put up a fierce volley that decimated one of her dragons and drove Dany and Drogon away. The Golden Company ended up being a bit of a red herring.

International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    I have a strange feeling that someone from Braavos will take out one of the main characters in the finale.

They have enough wealth and power and influence to do that. Iron Bank.

Magister Illyrio?

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Dutch van der Linde's descent into madness>>>>>> Dany. A video game outdid the show completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    While this is true, the was foresight enough to develop the Scorpions and she enlisted the Golden Company. I get there's not much that can be done to stop dragon fire, but the whole battle was a real let down. There was speculation about dragon armour, which I could've bought, but it was just Dany flying around a bit and then obliterating everything, when in the episode before the Scorpions put up a fierce volley that decimated one of her dragons and drove Dany and Drogon away. The Golden Company ended up being a bit of a red herring.
    In a way it was good that there was no real battle because everyone expected an epic battle. After episode 3, it wasn't necessarily 'needed' even if anticipated. Show makers did fine IMO with actually giving something different and surprising instead. Just wish they had given decent motive for Dany's action. That's all I would want to change. Don't have problem with anything else in the episode personally (apart from Euron Greyjoy of course whose very existence in the show is a downer).
    Last edited by ankitj; 15-05-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Dutch van der Linde's descent into madness>>>>>> Dany. A video game outdid the show completely.
    A 40-60 hour game most people experienced over the course of a month is kind of a different kettle of fish to a TV show that's lasted about a decade
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    A 40-60 hour game most people experienced over the course of a month is kind of a different kettle of fish to a TV show that's lasted about a decade
    If anything the show has had more time to make it more believable, don't you think. Dutch also doesn't even have that much screentime in rdr2 and yet, even though it's predictable (even more than dany's) it just felt thoroughly convincing in a way this didn't.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Tbh I don't find her "snap" that jarring at all. Posted about it ages ago, but to me she's been portrayed as being more and more unhinged for seasons now.
    GIMH likes this.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I don't think people take her snapping so much as the issue, but how they've portrayed the snap - or descent into 'madness' which i'd prefer to think of it as, rather than a 'snap'.
    There are people who are unhappy with it - I've read and heard comments complaining about what the show has done to a "strong woman", a complaint which I think stems from two things. One is her descent into madness not being developed sufficiently. The signs have been there all along, but the final stage happened a bit too quickly. The other is people building up the character too much in their minds and ignoring the signs that she could go off the rails. While some of that may be down to the writing, it does probably also have to do with people not realising that all the main characters are flawed, or just not accepting that their favourite character has any.

Thread Information