cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 261 of 266 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 3986
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

  1. #3901
    International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    7,020
    Cersei watching death coming to her through the window is somewhat like the way Jon was staring at the Bolton army coming at him during the BoB.
    Symmetry is beauty, beauty is truth. Breaking symmetry means breaking truth.

  2. #3902
    International Coach ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,829
    This is what I would have changed in the last episode:

    After Lannister army surrenders, Dany goes looking for Cersei to avenge killing of her dragon and Missandei. Cersie escapes Red Keep and mingles with common folks to save herself. Not able to locate where in the town Cersei is, Dany decides to burn the entire town.

    Would have served the mad queen turn while lending it bit more believability. I do like the mad queen turn as such. Pretty sure they would have thought about that though.
    Last edited by ankitj; 15-05-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

  3. #3903
    International Captain Niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    private.
    Posts
    5,734
    I don't loath that idea whatsoever, but Cersei despises the common folk and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual. She could never blend in with them whatsoever. I did read elsewhere that maybe instead of killing of the dragon last episode, this episode would have been better all round. Euron would have looked stronger taking out one dragon also.

    Cersei been passive on reflection isn't as silly as I initially thought. She is not a war general like her father whatsoever, all her forces were butchered so quickly. The Golden company, Lanister forces and Euron's crew. Heck Qyburn the only person she respects in the show had to spell it out to her a few times that she doomed.
    Last edited by Niall; 15-05-2019 at 09:45 AM.

  4. #3904
    International Debutant Burner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Leave her, Johnny, leave her.
    Posts
    2,390
    From what I've been reading, a lot of people find Dany's change to be a sort of change of a switch. They'e held her as a 'good' and I can see it being confusing if you've held that view. I've no problem with her going "mad" because I've always felt her as a character that wants to do **** like this but gets counseled against it by her advisers and acquiesces. As such it was easy for me to be sold on her doing the scorching.
    Prince EWS likes this.


  5. #3905
    Norwood's on Fire GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    2011 and 2015 champ - find me in the Platinum Lounge -
    Posts
    59,149
    She’s been itching to do it ever since she got to Dragonstone

  6. #3906
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    From what I've been reading, a lot of people find Dany's change to be a sort of change of a switch. They'e held her as a 'good' and I can see it being confusing if you've held that view. I've no problem with her going "mad" because I've always felt her as a character that wants to do **** like this but gets counseled against it by her advisers and acquiesces. As such it was easy for me to be sold on her doing the scorching.
    I think a lot of people have viewed her as the main heroine (and hooking up with Jon, the main hero, would have only reinforced that). Her having to be dissuaded from drastic action by her advisors would have been seen by a slight character flaw by those holding her up, and to be fair it's not an unreasonable interpretation.

    But now it's become apparent that it was actually sowing the seeds by showing that she always had it in her to go mad. And it does make sense storywise - Missandei and Jorah were her two closest companions but are now dead, she's lost two of her dragons, she's been let down by her advisors with Varys plotting against her and Tyrion having a string of failures, and she's been rejected by Jon who is also a threat to her rule having a good claim for the Iron Throne even if he says he doesn't want it. So her snapping hasn't come out of nowhere, but it probably needed to have be built up to more rather than it being a little on the sudden side.

  7. #3907
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    24,815
    I don't think people take her snapping so much as the issue, but how they've portrayed the snap - or descent into 'madness' which i'd prefer to think of it as, rather than a 'snap'.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  8. #3908
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    24,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Cersei been passive on reflection isn't as silly as I initially thought. She is not a war general like her father whatsoever, all her forces were butchered so quickly. The Golden company, Lanister forces and Euron's crew. Heck Qyburn the only person she respects in the show had to spell it out to her a few times that she doomed.
    While this is true, the was foresight enough to develop the Scorpions and she enlisted the Golden Company. I get there's not much that can be done to stop dragon fire, but the whole battle was a real let down. There was speculation about dragon armour, which I could've bought, but it was just Dany flying around a bit and then obliterating everything, when in the episode before the Scorpions put up a fierce volley that decimated one of her dragons and drove Dany and Drogon away. The Golden Company ended up being a bit of a red herring.

  9. #3909
    International Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    7,020
    I have a strange feeling that someone from Braavos will take out one of the main characters in the finale.

    They have enough wealth and power and influence to do that. Iron Bank.

    Magister Illyrio?

  10. #3910
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    31,095
    Dutch van der Linde's descent into madness>>>>>> Dany. A video game outdid the show completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

  11. #3911
    International Coach ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,829
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    While this is true, the was foresight enough to develop the Scorpions and she enlisted the Golden Company. I get there's not much that can be done to stop dragon fire, but the whole battle was a real let down. There was speculation about dragon armour, which I could've bought, but it was just Dany flying around a bit and then obliterating everything, when in the episode before the Scorpions put up a fierce volley that decimated one of her dragons and drove Dany and Drogon away. The Golden Company ended up being a bit of a red herring.
    In a way it was good that there was no real battle because everyone expected an epic battle. After episode 3, it wasn't necessarily 'needed' even if anticipated. Show makers did fine IMO with actually giving something different and surprising instead. Just wish they had given decent motive for Dany's action. That's all I would want to change. Don't have problem with anything else in the episode personally (apart from Euron Greyjoy of course whose very existence in the show is a downer).
    Last edited by ankitj; 15-05-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

  12. #3912
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    41,806
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Dutch van der Linde's descent into madness>>>>>> Dany. A video game outdid the show completely.
    A 40-60 hour game most people experienced over the course of a month is kind of a different kettle of fish to a TV show that's lasted about a decade
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  13. #3913
    Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Elton Chicken Burrah
    Posts
    31,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    A 40-60 hour game most people experienced over the course of a month is kind of a different kettle of fish to a TV show that's lasted about a decade
    If anything the show has had more time to make it more believable, don't you think. Dutch also doesn't even have that much screentime in rdr2 and yet, even though it's predictable (even more than dany's) it just felt thoroughly convincing in a way this didn't.

  14. #3914
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Posts
    45,301
    Tbh I don't find her "snap" that jarring at all. Posted about it ages ago, but to me she's been portrayed as being more and more unhinged for seasons now.
    GIMH likes this.

  15. #3915
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I don't think people take her snapping so much as the issue, but how they've portrayed the snap - or descent into 'madness' which i'd prefer to think of it as, rather than a 'snap'.
    There are people who are unhappy with it - I've read and heard comments complaining about what the show has done to a "strong woman", a complaint which I think stems from two things. One is her descent into madness not being developed sufficiently. The signs have been there all along, but the final stage happened a bit too quickly. The other is people building up the character too much in their minds and ignoring the signs that she could go off the rails. While some of that may be down to the writing, it does probably also have to do with people not realising that all the main characters are flawed, or just not accepting that their favourite character has any.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The TV show thread (many spoilers)
    By Simon in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7978
    Last Post: 17-05-2019, 07:45 PM
  2. Breaking Bad Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)
    By Fusion in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 26-10-2018, 03:12 PM
  3. Inception (spoilers allowed)
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •