Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 142 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4149
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    If Sansa planned it this way, and I were the wildlings, I'd desert her ASAP.
    Pretty sure that's where things are headed too. Tormund and Co aren't going to be happy with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    We need a Mousey here to lay down the law

Athlai's right imo, in that the thread was created and rules made so that people wouldn't discuss things that indicate what may happen in the show in the future. What he did doesn't violate the spirit of the thread.

But of course since we are all nice and civilised people we can surely agree to not discuss anything book related that hasn't been in the show, regardless of whether the plot is over or not? That sort of stuff can go in a book thread can't it?

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    It just gets my goat when there is a kill it with fire mentality to stuff that happened years ago. These aren't spoilers for show watchers, sure people are still fully entitled to not appreciate show/book narrative decisions but there is nothing wrong in what CPR or myself said in terms of spoiling the show.

And could we cut out the insults?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    We need a Mousey here to lay down the law

Athlai's right imo, in that the thread was created and rules made so that people wouldn't discuss things that indicate what may happen in the show in the future. What he did doesn't violate the spirit of the thread.

But of course since we are all nice and civilised people we can surely agree to not discuss anything book related that hasn't been in the show, regardless of whether the plot is over or not? That sort of stuff can go in a book thread can't it?

....there are people in the book thread who aren't watching the latest season because it spoils the book.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    ....there are people in the book thread who aren't watching the latest season because it spoils the book.
    Those people are clearly inferior beings

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    We've had this debate before and it was decided no book spoilers no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post

Does this mean we can talk about that storyline freely btw. It's not really spoilers given it's not going to even happen in the show, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Given non-book readers aren't going to be able to participate in this discussion, and we have a dedicated book readers' thread, is there any reason to really post it in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Agree with the PEWS. Please don't post anything about that or any other storyline from the books that didn't make it to the show. Also, let's be careful about discussing characters that haven't appeared yet. The simple adage is, if it hasn't happened on the show, then don't discuss it.
    That's the point. They can participate in the discussion and give their opinion on whether it was a good idea they left that that storyline out. And I don't think discussing this would spoil any of the upcoming season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Basically I'd just go by the rule of "could you actually discuss this if the books didn't exist at all, only the show"

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    OP ^
    What we're discussing here has been shown in the TV series. As GIMH mentioned it's only a spoiler for someone reading the books for someone watching the show it's not a spoiler at all.

Should a third thread be created for the TV show but with people fully read up on the books?
    That's the point mate. The book arcs are different to the show. GIMH (and others like myself) are reading or about to read the books. While the Jeyne Pool thing you've mentioned may have run it's course through the show, it hasn't for GIMH or anyone else reading the books that is just starting out.

The request from GIMH, and the others liking GIMH's post is to not post direct plot differences between the show and the book (e.g. someone else marries Ramsay).

It's a request, a fair one IMO to stop with the "well in the book..." stuff and discuss the TV show happenings only.
    If you want to discuss TV show happenings vs book happenings maybe keep it in the book thread linked in Fusions OP.

my 2 cents.
    GIMH likes this.
    Parmi

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Those people are clearly inferior beings
    Good luck to them staying off the internet. They're going to get spoiled no matter what, and IMO it's better to get spoiled watching the show than by coming across a GoT spoiler meme on a random page on the internet.
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    I only started watching this whole show a week ago and am now fully caught up. Holy **** that battle has to be one of the best battle scenes in any tv or movie ever. The crushing experience had me wriggling and writhing.

I have no complaints except Bronn is becoming an increasingly underutilised Han Solo.
    sledger likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Btw Guyz,

Open the door, Open the door.........
    OpWun the door, OpWun the door..
    Wun dor, Wun dor..
    WunWun

NZTailender and Gob like this.

We've had this debate before and it was decided no book spoilers no matter what.
    Yeah we made a decision on this once before.

It sounds silly but the discussion about Jeyne and Sansa should be made in a third thread free-for-all if anything. Feel free to create that thread if you like.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

cpr
    It just gets my goat when there is a kill it with fire mentality to stuff that happened years ago. These aren't spoilers for show watchers, sure people are still fully entitled to not appreciate show/book narrative decisions but there is nothing wrong in what CPR or myself said in terms of spoiling the show.

And could we cut out the insults?
    Personally, I was trying to be quite vague in my references to the book. Although I mention Caitlyn having a certain intelligence in it, I'm trying not to reference specific actions that could be spoilers.

Truth is, the 3rd thread is probably a good idea, as there's book people now avoiding the show, show people wanting to play catch up with the books, and a third bunch who have either read/watched, or watching and not fussed about reading, and this last category are comfortable with crossing the streams when it comes to conversation on the topic. From my point of view it'd certainly be easier to discuss whats happening in the show whilst referencing back to the book, as its getting frustrating trying to explain things to folks who haven't read it why certain things are happening (mainly explaining bits that are cut out of an hour long broadcast).
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I only started watching this whole show a week ago and am now fully caught up.
    Last edited by Ikki; 21-06-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    haha that's the first thing I thought of too.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    haha

i wish

Thread Information