Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: MH370 missing en route to Beijing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    A few years ago, small number of Chinese citizens in a western province staged a protest and demanded the creation of a separate muslim state

Cut a long story very short, within a few hours all the protesters had been tried, convicted and executed for treason

Cant see the US non-Texans embracing China's attitudes in this regard tbh
    Yup.
    social likes this.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    A few years ago, small number of Chinese citizens in a western province staged a protest and demanded the creation of a separate muslim state

Cut a long story very short, within a few hours all the protesters had been tried, convicted and executed for treason

Cant see the US embracing China's attitudes in this regard tbh
    Ironically enough China kind of copied USA's attitudes with regards to the Uighurs in Xinjiang. It was only after September 11 and the hysteria towards radical Islam etc. that the Chinese government started playing up the Uighur's religion and going down the terrorist angle. Don't be mistaken though; the absolute primary motivating factor for Uighur unrest is their ****y treatment and constant marginalisation in their homeland by the Han rather than any religious force.

The topic is actually one that's very interesting to me and one I studied a fair bit in uni. This is a great and fairly thorough article I read the other day on it, if anyone is interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Okay so now the story is taking a weirder turn, now we're being told the plane ended up on the other side of the Malaysian Peninsula. This coupled with some recent statements which suggest the Malaysian authorities haven't been entirely forthcoming with all the relevant pieces of the puzzle (ACARS data, for example), recent unprompted remarks from a Malaysian copper and that the word is being put out that it's probably not terrorism has heightened suggestions of a pilot suicide.

If so, this is really horrifying. A crash on that side of the peninsula greatly lessens the chance of recovering too much of the plane too, I'd have thought. The obvious parallel is the Egypt Air crash a few years back and once the NTSB started to call it what it really was, the Egyptian government started to get 'involved' and, to this day, have never publically acknowledged the findings by the NTSB. Mayasian Airlines is largely government-owned, as was Egypt Air. Wondering whether that's a factor in this case too.

EDIT: Obviously, you can't blame the Mayalsian government if they want to be absolutely sure before releasing info, would be terrible if they went hard at the suicide narrative and, upon finding the wreckage, found otherwise.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 11-03-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    natural news are in on the act. the conspiracies have begun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

No doubt liberal use of the phrase 'shootdown'.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 11-03-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    hey top cat i need an update
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Ironically enough China kind of copied USA's attitudes with regards to the Uighurs in Xinjiang. It was only after September 11 and the hysteria towards radical Islam etc. that the Chinese government started playing up the Uighur's religion and going down the terrorist angle. Don't be mistaken though; the absolute primary motivating factor for Uighur unrest is their ****y treatment and constant marginalisation in their homeland by the Han rather than any religious force.

The topic is actually one that's very interesting to me and one I studied a fair bit in uni. This is a great and fairly thorough article I read the other day on it, if anyone is interested.
    Didn't copy them - they simply used the prevailing anti-Muslim sentiment of the time to justify murdering a few people that made the mistake of staking a claim to Chinese sovereign land (big mistake!)

I have no problems with the Chinese but their attitudes are hugely different to the US

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    There was an interesting theory apparently on BBC or Sky UK this evening where an expert said there might have been a sudden loss of cabin pressure, and the pilots may have engaged the AP to begin a turn around but blacked out due to the oxygen not working (can happen in 20 seconds at that altitude apparently), and the plane has flown on until it ran out of juice. A bit like the Payne Stewart crash writ large.

Would also have had to knock out all antennae (ADS-B, ACARS, CPDLC, etc.) on the top of the forward fuselage, possibly separating the skin from the airframe but even then they're pretty well protected so would require an utterly catastrophic failure, BOAC Comet-like. Even then, this wouldn't explain the lack of a secondary radar return, assuming that's what actually has happened and the Malaysian government isn't keeping that from the world too.

washingtonpost on top of their game

Depression appears to be the leading cause of aircraft-assisted suicides,
    Just how common are pilot suicides?

Was reports a few years back of a QANTAS 747 driver who wanted to dive into the sea....

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Would also have had to knock out all antennae (ADS-B, ACARS, CPDLC, etc.) on the top of the forward fuselage, possibly separating the skin from the airframe but even then they're pretty well protected so would require an utterly catastrophic failure, BOAC Comet-like. Even then, this wouldn't explain the lack of a secondary radar return, assuming that's what actually has happened and the Malaysian government isn't keeping that from the world too.
    They seem kind of confused in general
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

we can't rule anything out, so each theory needs to get their moment in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah personally am more on-board with the idea they know more than they're letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    we can't rule anything out, so each theory needs to get their moment in the sun
    Teach Report the controversy.
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information