Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Worst and Best Major Airports You've Been To

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Nah, Liverpool is fine nowadays, at least on par with Manc T2 anyhow, aside from having to walk on to the plane via Tarmac

It was ****e until about 10 years ago though

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    The arrivals bit is terrible, last couple of times we've been queueing out the door. Don't think the lack of air bridges is the end of the world but every time I've been there the last few years they call you through the gate but the just leave you all just stood in a grotty staircase for about twenty minutes before they let you out to the plane. Suppose it doesn't help that I only ever fly skinflint airlines from there though
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Manchester's pretty grim. And the airport isn't much chop either.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    When was this?
    About 2 years ago

Airports are like sludge in my mind. I've been to a lot of them and none of them stand out.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    About 2 years ago
    Do you mean Asian squat toilets then? Because the way you described it I'm picturing a hole in the floor with a bunch of guys pissing into it. I highly doubt such a **** facility exists, especially since the airport went through a renovation about 3 years back.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yeah, the squat toilets could be a possibility
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    The arrivals bit is terrible, last couple of times we've been queueing out the door. Don't think the lack of air bridges is the end of the world but every time I've been there the last few years they call you through the gate but the just leave you all just stood in a grotty staircase for about twenty minutes before they let you out to the plane. Suppose it doesn't help that I only ever fly skinflint airlines from there though
    Ah fair enough yeah arrivals is rubbish but the departure lounge is decent enough until you go to the gate

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post

Tahiti is freaky there are no walls - just a palm tree covered roof. And it was 35 degrees at 2am.
    Hah yeah. It was awesome for about an hour until my scandinavian genes started objecting

Singapore has been the only one which has been bearable. Plenty of greenery and places to kick back.
    Last edited by wellAlbidarned; 27-10-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Yes Indian airports are pretty low. Went through Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata last year. Delhi was only passing through on internal flights and iirc is modern and clean. The other two are pretty dated and horrible with little amenities- or at least the parts I was witness to. Probably the worst part about the indian airports is the bureaucracy with your **** being checked over and over again by police, customs etc. Can be in the same line and have your passport/ticket checked over by 5 policemen all looking to justify their wage and look important.

Lax is no fun trying to get in and out off. Heathrow has always been fine but it presumably helps being British. Aus airports fine from what I remember- Less people and more space than most. Did run into Mike Hussey leaving Perth to Melbourne 3 years ago between the 3rd and 4th ashes test which is the most exciting thing I've experienced at an airport. I guess the modern ones like Dubai in the East are ok.

Horrible places in general though and easily forgotten normally because you're too tired to remember regardless of how bad the experience.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I flew out of Heathrow for the first time at the weekend. It's by far the worst I've been to. Horrible, horrible place, no redeeming features. I can see what inspired the thread.

Gatwick was terrible to land in, really bizarre system where you have to walk around for about half a mile to get luggage, repeatedly getting your photo taken and being given slips of paper for security, all kinds of bureaucratic bollocks. Best experiences have always been at the smaller airports, George Best is really hassle-free.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Yes Indian airports are pretty low. Went through Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata last year. Delhi was only passing through on internal flights and iirc is modern and clean. The other two are pretty dated and horrible with little amenities- or at least the parts I was witness to. Probably the worst part about the indian airports is the bureaucracy with your **** being checked over and over again by police, customs etc. Can be in the same line and have your passport/ticket checked over by 5 policemen all looking to justify their wage and look important.
    So true. The customs officers are the worst ****s, always looking for an opportunity to get a bribe.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Thessaloniki in Greece was pretty miserable when I flew there. Blackpool is a pretty hilarious one to go to if you get chance, and only want to fly with Jet2 to a very limited selection of European destinations. It's basically a massive shed that's been converted into an international airport, it's brilliant. Bangkok airport was an experience too. Flight was slightly delayed and had to walk to catch a connecting flight to Phuket and my god that place is massive. Probably had to walk a mile and a half to get to the gate, it was ridiculous. Nice airport, but absolutely huge.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Pinball Champion!
    Heathrow is probably the worst, a maze of dilapidated ****holes, you can't have a cigarette unless you stand on the M25, it is a cold, draughty place.. Try getting down to the bus station as well, a series of crowded lifts and a large tent with pidgeons ****ting everywhere where you can pay 7 pounds for a coffee and a sandwich.

Joburg, Dubai, Amsterdam - World Class
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Heathrow is probably the worst, a maze of dilapidated ****holes, you can't have a cigarette unless you stand on the M25, it is a cold, draughty place.. Try getting down to the bus station as well, a series of crowded lifts and a large tent with pidgeons ****ting everywhere where you can pay 7 pounds for a coffee and a sandwich.

Joburg, Dubai, Amsterdam - World Class
    Strenuously disagree. A hole in the ground filled with axe murderers would be better.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information